ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1441 of 3903
« First < 44194113411391143114371438143914401441 144214431444144514511491154119412441 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 12:04 PM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
That’s just silly IMO
I believe there was a clause that stated if they didn't use the money to pay workers then they would have to pay it back.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:05 PM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
New York coronavirus: Gov. Andrew Cuomo extends stay-at-home order until at least May 15

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ne...E7A?li=BBnb7Kz
So May 15th just seems to be the magic date.......
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:06 PM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I believe there was a clause that stated if they didn't use the money to pay workers then they would have to pay it back.
It’s complicated
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:07 PM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I tend to think of "Small Business" as being 1-10 employees, although 1-50 also qualifies.

But 500? Geez, no.
I’m expecting any day now that we find out that the WWE got some of this money.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:08 PM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
there is tons of those cases just like that. Chains with multiple locations in cities and more locations in different states.

They create smaller sub companies and asked for the money for them. Etc. etc.

As far as I know there wasn’t fraud, just corporations and lawyers gaming the system. Can’t they get some of those lawyers to put language in there so it ensures that the money goes to the local restaurant and bars?
They couldn’t create a smaller company just for this.

Everything has to be in place on a certain date prior to this. A poster here bought another company just after the break off point and couldn’t claim ppp on it.

You aren’t saying that right
[Reply]
petegz28 12:09 PM 04-16-2020
It’s complicated
Well people better get shit figured out soon because the more people that lose their jobs the less tolerance there is going to be for these shelter orders regardless. People are going to start focusing solely on their own situation and as we are already seeing in spots, they will start voicing their protest. And it won't take long before it isn't very peaceful.
[Reply]
kcxiv 12:10 PM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I sure am happy that it's different here in LA. Everyone I've seen has been wearing a mask in public and most have been wearing gloves.

The checkers and sackers at the grocery stores have been wearing both for weeks and there are large plexiglass shields protecting checkers. I stood in line outside of Home Depot several times in the past few weeks due to a plumbing issue and everyone had on masks, even while standing in the rain.

Maybe that's why California's numbers are so low...
Even in Central California thats how it it. Everyone is just being smart about it, and our numbers are fairly low. i think its about 63 people have it, 23 have recovered and 3 deaths. People can rag about this social distancing all they want, but its helping.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:11 PM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Well people better get shit figured out soon because the more people that lose their jobs the less tolerance there is going to be for these shelter orders regardless. People are going to start focusing solely on their own situation and as we are already seeing in spots, they will start voicing their protest. And it won't take long before it isn't very peaceful.
On a different topic lol

The new cases also went up in NY last night so it must not have had to do with adding in those “ probable” cases

Not sure what happened there. Going to keep an eye on it tonight
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:16 PM 04-16-2020
They couldn’t create a smaller company just for this.

Everything has to be in place on a certain date prior to this. A poster here bought another company just after the break off point and couldn’t claim ppp on it.

You aren’t saying that right
I would imagine that all of these larger companies that benefited from the SBA loans have had DBA's and shell companies on the books for years.

And companies like Ruth's Chris are international, making their loan even less important.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:16 PM 04-16-2020
On a different topic lol

The new cases also went up in NY last night so it must not have had to do with adding in those “ probable” cases

Not sure what happened there. Going to keep an eye on it tonight
I though they said they were going to try and report them backwards to the dates they thought they happened or something? Meh, we will see how it goes tonight. Maybe they are back to 2 times a day?
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:16 PM 04-16-2020
I wouldn’t ever call 500 employees a small business but that’s just me
Yea, 500 employees is not a small business. I tend to think of small businesses as places with 3 or fewer locations (for restaurants) & smaller than 50-75 employees.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:19 PM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
Even in Central California thats how it it. Everyone is just being smart about it, and our numbers are fairly low. i think its about 63 people have it, 23 have recovered and 3 deaths. People can rag about this social distancing all they want, but its helping.
Very very few are ragging about social distancing now which is good to see.
[Reply]
kstater 12:27 PM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
No Swimming No Sports

NO DICE WHOA
I'll be swimming all Summer. Well, standing in the pool drinking. Added bonus, get to limit all the leeches, er friends, that magically only show up between Memorial day and Labor day.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
petegz28 12:28 PM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Very very few are ragging about social distancing now which is good to see.
I don't think people in general are ragging about social distancing. I think people are starting to get tired of doing what they are told, losing their job and then having people who aren't impacted in the same way telling them "tough shit, you're gonna do it even longer and your job be damned".

I mean it gets to the point that when you have 30mil people out of work and you will, especially now, people will get tired of being told by someone who is not losing their job, who is living in a nice house and is not suffering nearly the same to just "suck it up and deal with it".
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:29 PM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I’m expecting any day now that we find out that the WWE got some of this money.
Very unfucking likely.
[Reply]
Page 1441 of 3903
« First < 44194113411391143114371438143914401441 144214431444144514511491154119412441 > Last »
Up