ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1425 of 3903
« First < 42592513251375141514211422142314241425 142614271428142914351475152519252425 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 07:10 AM 04-16-2020
https://www.kmbc.com/article/kansas-...-may/32164661#

Kansas City's stay-at-home order extended to mid-May
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:11 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Alcohol can easily be avoided . I haven't had alcohol in months and that was 1 beer. In September at Oktoberfest in Munich alcohol is somewhat harder to resist , trust me I know.
Sugar, specifically from refined carbohydrates that is the most unhealthy can be easily avoided as well.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:11 AM 04-16-2020
Ethanol, because of its origin from fermented sugars, is known to contain sugars in a more refined form. All alcohol or alcoholic beverages stem from ethanol as an active agent. Hence, all alcohol has sugar.

copy and pasted from somebody smarter than me.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:12 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Sugar, specifically from refined carbohydrates that is the most unhealthy can be easily avoided as well.
the sugar in alcohol is classified as refined.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:15 AM 04-16-2020
Actually sugar has just as much of a negative impact on your immune system.

Just about eight tablespoons of sugar can reduce the ability of white blood cells to kill germs.

Poor diet mostly due to excess sugar consumption causes more deaths globally now than alcohol and tobacco combined.
8 tablespoons?! Well duh, that’s a shit ton!

Your body has use for sugars in moderation. Your body has NO need for alcohol, even in moderation. Again, they aren’t metabolized the same by the body.

And this is from someone who drinks in moderation.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:18 AM 04-16-2020
you do realise alcohol has sugars right?
Yes but there is a difference in the quantity of sugar in a glass of red wine for example than in products with refined carbohydrates such as cupcakes/cookies.

Also certain alcohol products such as red wine have health benefits... including boosting your immune system.

There are no health benefits with eating highly processed sugary foods.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:19 AM 04-16-2020
No college football until class resumes as normal. Doubtful that happens by fall.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:20 AM 04-16-2020
Yes but there is a difference in the quantity of sugar in a glass of red wine for example than in products with refined carbohydrates such as cupcakes/cookies.

Also certain alcohol products such as red wine have health benefits... including boosting your immune system.

The jury is still out on health benefits of any alcohol , last I heard there was none. well I heard darker beers can help with breast milk production not sure if that is still true.
[Reply]
Donger 07:20 AM 04-16-2020
All while not buying into the social distancing bullshit.
What's bullshit about it?
[Reply]
lewdog 07:21 AM 04-16-2020

Hey let’s make these equal. Give me my 8+ glasses of wine to get my 8 tablespoons of sugar!!!! I bet that’s better than ingesting 3 full sugar Cokes all at once! :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:22 AM 04-16-2020
I see Fonzie stuck the landing and is circling around for another jump!
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:22 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
8 tablespoons?! Well duh, that’s a shit ton!

Your body has use for sugars in moderation. Your body has NO need for alcohol, even in moderation. Again, they aren’t metabolized the same by the body.
8 tablespoons of sugar is the equivalent of a can of Coke or Pepsi.

The sugar from processed/refined carbohydrates such as white bread provide zero nutritional value/benefit to your body.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:23 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Hey let’s make these equal. Give me my 8+ glasses of wine to get my 8 tablespoons of sugar!!!! I bet that’s better than ingesting 3 full sugar Cokes all at once! :-)
be careful with drinking water lewdog you can overdose on water.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:25 AM 04-16-2020
The jury is still out on health benefits of any alcohol , last I heard there was none.
One of our posters here, DanT, was part of a large publication in Lancet a few years back about the health benefits of alcohol. Save for a small segment of the population, there are none.

Alcohol use is a leading risk factor for disease burden worldwide, accounting for nearly 10% of global deaths among populations aged 15–49 years, and poses dire ramifications for future population health in the absence of policy action today. The widely held view of the health benefits of alcohol needs revising, particularly as improved methods and analyses continue to show how much alcohol use contributes to global death and disability. Our results show that the safest level of drinking is none. This level is in conflict with most health guidelines, which espouse health benefits associated with consuming up to two drinks per day. Alcohol use contributes to health loss from many causes and exacts its toll across the lifespan, particularly among men. Policies that focus on reducing population-level consumption will be most effective in reducing the health loss from alcohol use.

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:26 AM 04-16-2020
The jury is still out on health benefits of any alcohol , last I heard there was none. well I heard darker beers can help with breast milk production not sure if that is still true.
You might want to research red wine and an antioxidant it contains called resveratrol... which can help with high blood pressure/inflammation.
[Reply]
Page 1425 of 3903
« First < 42592513251375141514211422142314241425 142614271428142914351475152519252425 > Last »
Up