ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1339 of 3903
« First < 33983912391289132913351336133713381339 134013411342134313491389143918392339 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 11:37 AM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Looks like pete held a party last night

6 people shot at a California party held despite state's stay-at-home order

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/12/us/ba...ome/index.html
you're an idiot
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:37 AM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/12/busin...eld/index.html

New York (CNN Business)One of the country's largest pork processing facilities is closing until further notice as employees fall ill with Covid-19. The closure puts the country's meat supply at risk, said the CEO of Smithfield, which operates the plant.

"The closure of this facility, combined with a growing list of other protein plants that have shuttered across our industry, is pushing our country perilously close to the edge in terms of our meat supply," the meat processor's chief executive, Kenneth Sullivan, said in a statement Sunday.
Read an article about how tons of food is going to waste and to some extent it's a logistical issue.... so, the local WalMart has a limit of 1 gallon of milk and 1 carton of eggs, yet plants are throwing out shit tons of both because they're setup to distribute to restaurants and schools.

And that apparently no one eats vegetables outside of what's served at restaurants... no surprise there though.
[Reply]
Why Not? 12:18 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It certainly is around here... whenever I go back to KC I have to constantly remind myself that midwest cops will pull you over for ~7-10 over vs. not even giving a shit until you're at least 15 over around here.
Same here.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:23 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It certainly is around here... whenever I go back to KC I have to constantly remind myself that midwest cops will pull you over for ~7-10 over vs. not even giving a shit until you're at least 15 over around here.
As I mentioned back in January, I took my family on a Road Trip to KC over the holidays. On there way to KC, I took I-40 to I-35. Once we exited California, I only saw a few Highway Patrol cars on the 40 until Oklahoma City, which was mainly due to the construction - no radar guns or cops in hiding.

We left KC the morning of December 30th and I made the (stupid) decision to take the Northern Route home because it's about 90 minutes shorter. I saw 15 Highway Patrolman on K-10 and I-70 in Kansas. They were visible on the freeway medians but it felt like they were everywhere and I saw a few of them peel out after speeders.

I saw one in Colorado, one in Utah and none in Nevada. With the speed limit in most states set at 75 mph, I didn't even bother going even 1 mph over the speed limit. It wasn't worth it for many reasons but I didn't want to stand out, especially driving a black SUV with California license plates.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:25 PM 04-12-2020
Fucking with drivers is the entire budget for a lot of municipalities. Looking at you, Lake Winnebago.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:30 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Fucking with drivers is the entire budget for a lot of municipalities. Looking at you, Lake Winnebago.
I use to drive through there everyday and that's no joke.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:44 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/12/busin...eld/index.html

New York (CNN Business)One of the country's largest pork processing facilities is closing until further notice as employees fall ill with Covid-19. The closure puts the country's meat supply at risk, said the CEO of Smithfield, which operates the plant.

"The closure of this facility, combined with a growing list of other protein plants that have shuttered across our industry, is pushing our country perilously close to the edge in terms of our meat supply," the meat processor's chief executive, Kenneth Sullivan, said in a statement Sunday.
TP shortages is one thing but bacon? :-)

Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
****ing with drivers is the entire budget for a lot of municipalities. Looking at you, Lake Winnebago.
I lived near that town. It seemed the cops were always out in force.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:50 PM 04-12-2020
I bought the last TP 12 pack in SW Omaha about an hour ago. My ass thanks you Family Fair grocery store
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:50 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
TP shortages is one thing but bacon? :-)

I lived near that town. It seemed the cops were always out in force.
That's because they were. I think the court was also tied to the lawyer that handled all the ticket cases and the entire thing is crooked as hell. In short, fuck them.
[Reply]
rydogg58 12:51 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
GOD DAMMIT IM TRYING TO SIGN UP FOR DD ON THE IRS WEBSITE AND IM NOT SEEING IT
The link to add your DD isn't working yet, but this is where you are supposed to do it "mid April".

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/econ...mpact-payments
[Reply]
007 12:51 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
As I mentioned back in January, I took my family on a Road Trip to KC over the holidays. On there way to KC, I took I-40 to I-35. Once we exited California, I only saw a few Highway Patrol cars on the 40 until Oklahoma City, which was mainly due to the construction - no radar guns or cops in hiding.

We left KC the morning of December 30th and I made the (stupid) decision to take the Northern Route home because it's about 90 minutes shorter. I saw 15 Highway Patrolman on K-10 and I-70 in Kansas. They were visible on the freeway medians but it felt like they were everywhere and I saw a few of them peel out after speeders.

I saw one in Colorado, one in Utah and none in Nevada. With the speed limit in most states set at 75 mph, I didn't even bother going even 1 mph over the speed limit. It wasn't worth it for many reasons but I didn't want to stand out, especially driving a black SUV with California license plates.
Yes patrolmen in Kansas love speed traps. It's really annoying.
[Reply]
limested 12:53 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by 007:
At least they finally stopped their illegal drug and money checkpoints on the way back from Colorado.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:56 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by limested:
At least they finally stopped their illegal drug and money checkpoints on the way back from Colorado.
This is exactly why I took the Southern route to KC and will never take the Northern route, ever again.

I had 2,000 mg's of edibles in my trunk, buried under all of the luggage and spare tire, for fear that I might get pulled over. And knowing Kansas cops from my youth, expected them to search my vehicle.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:57 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
I bought the last TP 12 pack in SW Omaha about an hour ago. My ass thanks you Family Fair grocery store
YOU. SAVAGE!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:58 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by 007:
We never see any speed traps in the city because the traffic moves slower than a snail on the freeways.

I wish there was some kind of balance between zero highway patrolman and too many highway patrolmen because people here just blatantly break laws that would otherwise result in fines, which is seriously annoying and very dangerous at times.
[Reply]
Page 1339 of 3903
« First < 33983912391289132913351336133713381339 134013411342134313491389143918392339 > Last »
Up