ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 31
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFLPA Survey: Clark rated with an F-
dirk digler 10:33 AM 02-28-2024
I don't get this.

The @NFLPA just released their player team report cards for 2024 and the results are ... suboptimal for the Chiefs.

Head coach Andy Reid gets A+ but Chiefs rank dead last in training staff and ownership. Ownership gets an F- from the players. pic.twitter.com/2XyHkQfFru

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) February 28, 2024

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:13 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Worse for whom? The league and the players are making more money than they ever have and the games are watch by more people than ever.
Watering any product down always gives it more mass appeal.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:13 PM 02-28-2024
Bad look Clark!

...Renovated locker rooms?! Really!? That's nothing. Get it done! No wonder Andy was making those comments about he Raiders brand new facilities and we got a report TODAY that Chiefs are looking into renovations just one day after this report card came out. Good! Glad you're listening!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:14 PM 02-28-2024

[Reply]
Mecca 01:16 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Bad look Clark!

...Renovated locker rooms?! Really!? That's nothing. Get it done! No wonder Andy was making those comments about he Raiders brand new facilities and we got a report TODAY that Chiefs are looking into renovations just one day after this report card came out. Good! Glad you're listening!
None of that renovation involves the practice facility.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:21 PM 02-28-2024
There must not be any room to set all the Lombardi's
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:22 PM 02-28-2024
Any of the players denied this?
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 01:27 PM 02-28-2024
The facilities would be nicer if the employees picked up their fucking candy wrappers.
[Reply]
myselff77 01:34 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I mean lets be honest, if you weren't gonna do the locker room don't say you are, that's a bad look.

You probably should be upgrading your facility to at least be on par with the majority of the league.

Players are also going to look out for themselves in some circumstances, like feeling like they are pushed to return from injury quickly, some guys don't like that. That however isn't anything to be overly worked up about.
Do we actually know what Clark told him? Did he actually say, I'm going to make sure the practice facility is updated by the start of next season? Is it possible there is a grander plan for new facilities once the Royals are gone?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:38 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
We saw a lot of this last year, but it's sure hard to reconcile some of it. For example, we regularly hear players rave about how great our training staff is - Rick Burkholder in particular - and we regularly have guys come back from injury more quickly than expected. But then they get an F on this report? It doesn't pass the sniff test unless all those players are just outright lying.
Originally Posted by O.city:
They work them and get them back playing quickly. Seems the players think they "push them back to quick".
O.city beat me to it but I’d bet that has something to do with it.

Someone posted an interview of Orlando Brown Jr her recently. It seemed like a pretty recent interview after he had signed with the Bengals. He made a comment in the clip about how the organization “expects you to play through injury”. He didn’t say it in an obviously negative way and I can’t remember the full context but.. could have something to do with it.

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Pay their asses and they'll stay. They'll walk anyway if you don't. None of this has ANY impact AT ALL.
I’m sure this is untrue. It doesn’t jive with any of my experience in the real world. Leadership, facilities, and amenities are pretty important aspects of keeping you employees happy.

Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
I'll be honest, I'm impressed with the Dolphins facility.

I'd be more comfortable breaking a plus-sized influencer’s leg at that place than the Chiefs outdated facility.
Fixed that for ya
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:40 PM 02-28-2024
F for Fantastic, maybe.
[Reply]
Oxford 01:42 PM 02-28-2024
Royals are not gone until 2026 (if they get the stadium vote) to go their way. Chiefs have always said they dont want to alter Arrowhead and take away some of its uniqueness. That stadium was built in 1972 so renovations will be difficult and expensive, but I would bet the contracts will not be issued until after the vote, its a lot of money that will be funneled into the local economy via construction jobs so that hanging on the vote is a "incentive" to vote
[Reply]
Mecca 01:42 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Imagine the Chiefs if Clark Hunt spent cash. https://t.co/SYplfakrEw

— Conner Christopherson (@Conner_DKC) February 28, 2024

Also seeing this and the constraints Clark Hunt being a cheapo does compared to the rest of the league...Brett Veach deserves more credit. https://t.co/ldcysAihWF

— Conner Christopherson (@Conner_DKC) February 28, 2024

[Reply]
RunKC 01:44 PM 02-28-2024
Pretty sure Clark is about to pay Veach a lot of money.

Also sounds like Clark is planning to fix the practice facility. It was talked about before per the players and he confirmed today that it will be a priority
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 01:46 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
It doesn’t jive with any of my experience in the real world. Leadership, facilities, and amenities are pretty important aspects of keeping you employees happy.
So does winning... If Tyreek was given truth serum he would have never left... despite the shiny marbles in Miami...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:47 PM 02-28-2024
Anyone have any guesses (or better yet, hard numbers) on how much more a franchise can expect to earn relative to postseason success?

I’m assuming the home playoff team earns the lion’s share of ticket sales? Do they receive a greater portion from TV deals as well? And what percentage goes to the visiting team? What about Super Bowls? I’m assuming teams can expect a surge in merch but I’d assume there would be some sort of cash infusion..?
[Reply]
Page 11 of 31
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up