« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130180 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
KC_Connection 06:42 PM 03-04-2012

The real greatest player of all time.
DaKCMan AP 06:43 PM 03-04-2012
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
No argument from me. Lebron wasn't surrounded with very good players and I don't know if he demanded that or not with the Cavs.

The Cavs should have made the trade to get Amare instead of Jamison and Lebron probably would have stayed
They should have done something more than a broken-down Jamison and Shaq.
DaKCMan AP 06:45 PM 03-04-2012
Originally Posted by the_spatula:
Well he didn't get it done last year with Wade and Bosh... so speculate all that you would like.
Did Kobe win the first year he got Gasol?
dirk digler 06:47 PM 03-04-2012
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP:
They should have done something more than a broken-down Jamison and Shaq.
agreed
dirk digler 06:48 PM 03-04-2012
In other news the Bulls-76ers game is looking like a very good game.

I like the 76ers teams as well, Doug Collins is a great coach
SPATCH 06:54 PM 03-04-2012
lol k
okcchief 07:04 PM 03-04-2012
Jordan already had one of the top 50 players of all fucking time on his team. :-)
Pippen wouldn't have been a top 50 player without Jordan. There were many players playing at that time that were superior to Pippen. You can't say the same about Wade today.
dirk digler 07:09 PM 03-04-2012
Rose with last second shot at half. Amazing shot. Bulls still down 6
chiefzilla1501 07:13 PM 03-04-2012
No argument from me. Lebron wasn't surrounded with very good players and I don't know if he demanded that or not with the Cavs.

The Cavs should have made the trade to get Amare instead of Jamison and Lebron probably would have stayed
LeBron had a choice, just like Howard has a choice in Orlando. Because he refused to commit to his team, no free agent wanted to join LeBron, only to have LeBron leave in a season. And it was clear that for 2-3 years before LeBron left, the Cavs were purposely trying to clear up cap space so they can give LeBron a monster contract. So instead, they tried to appease LeBron by bringing in second-rate veterans. I don't blame LeBron for that. But to be clear, if LeBron committed to Cleveland well before he left, Cleveland wouldn't have made those kind of short-term band-aid moves like Jameson and Shaq.

And you're leaving out that the Cavs weren't an offensive powerhouse, but for many years under Mike Brown, they were an ELITE defensive team. Eric Snow, Larry Hughes, and LeBron... those guys were widely regarded as the best defenders in the game. Kobe, in fact, once said Snow was the toughest defender he ever faced at the time. That along with tough, big defenders in Varejao and Z... that defense was crazy good. It's not a sexy way to run a team. But it was a much better supporting cast than is credited.
dirk digler 07:48 PM 03-04-2012
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
LeBron had a choice, just like Howard has a choice in Orlando. Because he refused to commit to his team, no free agent wanted to join LeBron, only to have LeBron leave in a season. And it was clear that for 2-3 years before LeBron left, the Cavs were purposely trying to clear up cap space so they can give LeBron a monster contract. So instead, they tried to appease LeBron by bringing in second-rate veterans. I don't blame LeBron for that. But to be clear, if LeBron committed to Cleveland well before he left, Cleveland wouldn't have made those kind of short-term band-aid moves like Jameson and Shaq.

And you're leaving out that the Cavs weren't an offensive powerhouse, but for many years under Mike Brown, they were an ELITE defensive team. Eric Snow, Larry Hughes, and LeBron... those guys were widely regarded as the best defenders in the game. Kobe, in fact, once said Snow was the toughest defender he ever faced at the time. That along with tough, big defenders in Varejao and Z... that defense was crazy good. It's not a sexy way to run a team. But it was a much better supporting cast than is credited.
You make a good point about making a commitment but I really don't blame Lebron or Dwight for not doing that. That is not their job that's the GM's job. As far as the cap goes I believe that had no effect since they could have payed Lebron the max contract since he would be considered underneath the Bird exception
dirk digler 07:52 PM 03-04-2012
JFC Rose is so good. hits another buzzer beater at the end of the 3rd quarter
chiefzilla1501 07:58 PM 03-04-2012
You make a good point about making a commitment but I really don't blame Lebron or Dwight for not doing that. That is not their job that's the GM's job. As far as the cap goes I believe that had no effect since they could have payed Lebron the max contract since he would be considered underneath the Bird exception
No, I don't blame him for that--but it doesn't change that a non-commitment did limit the moves they could make his last 2 seasons with the club. But LeBron really, really dicked over Cleveland in a big way by waiting until the last day for a decision he made when the offseason started. For a team that bent over backwards for him, the least LeBron should have done was tell Cleveland immediately that offseason that he was going to Miami. That fucked Cleveland over big time when they were hiring a coach and because they didn't want to spend LeBron money on a potential replacement free agent. Basically, they had millions upon millions of dollars of free money to spend when LeBron didn't commit, but because free agency was essentially over, the Cavs didn't have any players to spend on.
Urc Burry 08:01 PM 03-04-2012
Originally Posted by okcchief:
Pippen wouldn't have been a top 50 player without Jordan. There were many players playing at that time that were superior to Pippen. You can't say the same about Wade today.
Yes he would of. He is one of the greatest defensive players of all time, and finished 3rd in MVP voting when Jordan retired the first time
BIG_DADDY 08:08 PM 03-04-2012
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

The real greatest player of all time.
They should have called that guy the ice man. The whole Big Shot Bob thing was kind of goofy.
BIG_DADDY 08:09 PM 03-04-2012
I liked the whole Wade burka getup at the end.
Page 80 of 205
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130180 > Last »
Up