ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 176 of 205
« First < 76126166172173174175176 177178179180186 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
petegz28 04:39 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by :
Magic players and referees were on the basketball court for the game but Milwaukee never took the floor. Eventually everyone else left and the arena staff soon took the balls, towels and tags that go on player chairs back inside.
So the Bucks forfeit and the owners shouldn't pay them for the game. It's really that simple.
DaneMcCloud 04:40 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
They are paid to play basketball. Either play or forfeit the game and your pay for that game. You signed a contract.

I am so sick of this shit.
Because professional sports owners don't break contracts any time they see fit?
staylor26 04:40 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Or maybe he realizes the NBA is on the verge of a complete and total breakdown if the players collectively boycott and end the season right now.

In any case, it would be little different than when MJ and Magic turned down Craig Hodges' request to boycott the 91 Finals.
MJ wasn’t a hypocritical. He was always consistent with politics.
KC_Connection 04:41 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
MJ wasn’t a hypocritical. He was always consistent with politics.
By consistent you mean he completely stayed out of it, right?
eDave 04:43 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
They are paid to play basketball. Either play or forfeit the game and your pay for that game. You signed a contract.

I am so sick of this shit.
It's a player run league.
staylor26 04:44 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
By consistent you mean he completely stayed out of it, right?
Yes. How was he not consistent?
BigCatDaddy 04:45 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Dane - I mean this with all sincerity.

They'll lose this one. The MLB and the NFL will as well. I drop probably 5 figures annually on this product w/ STs and all that jazz. I can get a damn nice drum sander with that.

Meanwhile I've got some shitdick fungible reliever like Sean Doolittle on Twitter saying "Sports are the rewards of a functioning society" like he's my dad telling me I'll eat my peas before I get my ice cream. **** off, Sean. You don't give a large rats ass about anyone burning up the city. You're the just another hypocrite.

Where Doolittle completely misses the point - and the same place the NBA does - is they assume they are fundamental to society. Nah...hobbies are. And if you'll let us out of our MFing houses, we'll just find new ones.

We don't need these guys. We damn sure don't need them preaching to us.

There aren't many people that are more hardcore fans than I am when it comes to football, baseball and hockey. I know the minors, I know the tactics, I know the contracts. I invest a shitload of time and money into these products.

If I'll walk away - so will damn near all of them.

And I absolutely will walk away. I'm sick and ****ing tired of being preached at by these ignorant hypocrites.

I know a lot of people think this won't happen but the MLB strike of 94 (and the recent economic shutdowns) prove that once people start to develop other habits it's hard to bring them back.
RunKC 04:46 PM 08-26-2020
Dane - I mean this with all sincerity.

They'll lose this one. The MLB and the NFL will as well. I drop probably 5 figures annually on this product w/ STs and all that jazz. I can get a damn nice drum sander with that.

Meanwhile I've got some shitdick fungible reliever like Sean Doolittle on Twitter saying "Sports are the rewards of a functioning society" like he's my dad telling me I'll eat my peas before I get my ice cream. **** off, Sean. You don't give a large rats ass about anyone burning up the city. You're the just another hypocrite.

Where Doolittle completely misses the point - and the same place the NBA does - is they assume they are fundamental to society. Nah...hobbies are. And if you'll let us out of our MFing houses, we'll just find new ones.

We don't need these guys. We damn sure don't need them preaching to us.

There aren't many people that are more hardcore fans than I am when it comes to football, baseball and hockey. I know the minors, I know the tactics, I know the contracts. I invest a shitload of time and money into these products.

If I'll walk away - so will damn near all of them.

And I absolutely will walk away. I'm sick and ****ing tired of being preached at by these ignorant hypocrites.
The pandemic is the worst thing to happen to sports in a long time. People usually use sports and sports talk to get away from their problems, but now that these two once polar opposites are now aligned, people are going to walk away.

People have really started to see the important things in their life. They don’t want to be pandered to and told what to do outside an election year once every ; years. Now that sports is doing this, I think they’ll start walking away and focus on more important things that take them to that place they once were. Family, friends, other hobbies like fishing or outdoors entertainment.

I’m exhausted from politics and as much as it hurts me to say this, I’m seriously considering being a passive fan this year. I usually drop the money for NFL Sunday Ticket but I don’t plan to. If the NFL turns into the NBA like it currently is, I won’t be anywhere near as interested. That shocked me at first bc this is the golden age of Chiefs football, but I’m so sick of this. I just don’t want to deal with it anymore.

This is heading the same way movies are heading. Marvel wants to push this pandering agenda in future movies, more and more people won’t watch. I believe the same thing will happen with football.
DJ's left nut 04:46 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'm on the other side of the equation: If they players want to demonstrate or even boycott, go for it. About the only issue it causes me is to find something else to watch among the 50 million streaming services and channels that I pay for each month.

Social change in America has never been easy. Muhammed Ali gave up his prime years, not only prime earning potential but prime physical potential for something he believed in. Half the country hated him for it for decades while others applauded him.

In the end, Muhammed Ali was a hero. Maybe future generations will look back at these professional athletes who stood for change as heroes, too.
Except that Ali would voice specific issues and propose action.

All these guys are offering are platitudes, talking points and 'vote blue'. Ali wasn't going out there and calling Michael Brown, George Floyd and Jacob Blake heroes. These were objectively messed up people. Oh, and the best case scenario for all 3 of them was prison...which they'd complain about as well.

Meanwhile ask them about human rights abuses in China and...{crickets}

They're hypocrites and low-information parrots. This stuff was happening when Obama was in office and LeBron was easily as big as he is now - where was he then? Michael Brown's being held up now but when the Obama DOJ didn't pursue charges - where were the calls for justice?

This isn't about a straw that broke anyone's back - it's about an easy mark and the adrenaline rush that comes from being congratulated by a complicit media.

They aren't heroes.
petegz28 04:48 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Because professional sports owners don't break contracts any time they see fit?
Don't know? Don't care. Just stating the facts.
petegz28 04:49 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
It's a player run league.
Can't be a player if you don't play. True story.
petegz28 04:49 PM 08-26-2020

All these guys are offering are platitudes, talking points and 'vote blue'. Ali wasn't going out there and calling Michael Brown, George Floyd and Jacob Blake heroes. These were objectively messed up people. Oh, and the best case scenario for all 3 of them was prison...which they'd complain about as well.

They're hypocrites and low-information parrots. This stuff was happening when Obama was in office and LeBron was easily as big as he is now - where was he then? Michael Brown's being held up now but when the Obama DOJ didn't pursue charges - where were the calls for justice?

This isn't about a straw that broke anyone's back - it's about an easy mark and the adrenaline rush that comes from being congratulated by a complicit media.

They aren't heroes.
Exactly. Very well said. :-)
BigCatDaddy 04:50 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The pandemic is the worst thing to happen to sports in a long time. People usually use sports and sports talk to get away from their problems, but now that these two once polar opposites are now aligned, people are going to walk away.

People have really started to see the important things in their life. They don’t want to be pandered to and told what to do outside an election year once every ; years. Now that sports is doing this, I think they’ll start walking away and focus on more important things that take them to that place they once were. Family, friends, other hobbies like fishing or outdoors entertainment.

I’m exhausted from politics and as much as it hurts me to say this, I’m seriously considering being a passive fan this year. I usually drop the money for NFL Sunday Ticket but I don’t plan to. If the NFL turns into the NBA like it currently is, I won’t be anywhere near as interested. That shocked me at first bc this is the golden age of Chiefs football, but I’m so sick of this. I just don’t want to deal with it anymore.

This is heading the same way movies are heading. Marvel wants to push this pandering agenda in future movies, more and more people won’t watch. I believe the same thing will happen with football.
Yep. Fuck them. I'll go watch little league and high school games where kids play for the love of the game.
Bwana 04:51 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Well, if people are outraged that I just kicked you out of this thread, I'll undo it and mind my own business.

Heh, he's lucky you got to him first. :-)
-King- 04:53 PM 08-26-2020

They aren't heroes.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...0JN1TH20141209

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...brown-decision
Page 176 of 205
« First < 76126166172173174175176 177178179180186 > Last »
Up