ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 332 of 386
« First < 232282322328329330331332 333334335336342382 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:06 AM 05-14-2019
It literally blows my mind that people are acting like Dany shouldn't go bad. It's literally been hinted at many times. People are fucking whiners.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:10 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
I can't believe we are in the final season and I never got to see Jon 1v1 anyone important.

What the fuck is this shit. FUCK D&D
But I think it's kinda been established that he's the best swordsman in Westeros, or at least that's the legend. So who exactly would you have him go up against? At least in a way that isn't blatantly fan-servicy.

Sure, Jon v. Bronn would be incredibly badass, it just wouldn't make any sense. So if you're gonna build the guy up as the king shit fighter, you have to have him fighting a dozen guys to make the fight interesting.

Look at it this way - if Arthur Dayne had just whipped Howland Reed's ass, we'd have never seen how good he is, right? He needed to go 4 v 1 for the filmmakers to be able to emphasize how awesome his skills are. Well that's kinda the spot they found themselves in with Jon - he needed to fight all of creation (which he did several times) or he needed to fight something mythical, which he did when he battled one of the Walkers at Hardhomme.

I don't see a real issue there at all.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:12 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Grieving for her own personal loss of power—not for her people being slaughtered to boot. In an odd way, kinda' how Dany went rogue too. It was personal.

It was the act of her joy turning to ashes in her mouth playing out...

She loses her power but Jaime comes back to save her after swearing her off. And then they die. Alone, ignobly, like commoners.

I can't believe we are in the final season and I never got to see Jon 1v1 anyone important.

What the fuck is this shit. FUCK D&D

I wouldn’t be surprised by a Grey Worm/Aegon 1x1 in the finale.

Originally Posted by NewChief:
It crosses mythologies, but I took it as a reference to death arriving on a white horse. She is now death.

Maybe that was everyone’s favorite warg helping out his baby sis because she still has work to do...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:15 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

[Reply]
notorious 09:24 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Tyrion was sacrificing everything to save his sister. Why would he do that?
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:26 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Tyrion was sacrificing everything to save his sister. Why would he do that?
I thought the logic was he was trying to save the citizens.
[Reply]
notorious 09:27 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
I thought the logic was he was trying to save the citizens.
He let Jamie go to sneak her out.
[Reply]
Iconic 09:30 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But I think it's kinda been established that he's the best swordsman in Westeros, or at least that's the legend. So who exactly would you have him go up against? At least in a way that isn't blatantly fan-servicy.
That's easy, the NK? That's who he SHOULD have faced this season. In fact if you give Jon one meaningful 1v1 that's the one it should have been period. His entire arc, story, purpose was stopping the walkers. Yet instead some faceless bitch jumps from mid air to do it while we watch Jon yell at a ****ing dragon.

And if we are talking just this episode? Euron, Golden Company's commander or some shit? Just something so the dude has something to ****ing do. They could have at least given Jon Arya's part of saving the people of King's Landing and it would have been 100x more meaningful. This shit sucks.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:32 AM 05-14-2019
With the idea that she would want to save her child. It was a way out for cersei only to save the citizens from crazy bitch riding a napalm rocket. Although that was a miscalculation as well.

JMO though.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:38 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Hmmm....that'd be good to watch.

Or perhaps that's Ayra using her Faceless Man training. Those episodes had to be in there for some reason.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:39 AM 05-14-2019
That's easy, the NK? That's who he SHOULD have faced this season. In fact if you give Jon one meaningful 1v1 that's the one it should have been period. His entire arc, story, purpose was stopping the walkers. Yet instead some faceless bitch jumps from mid air to do it while we watch Jon yell at a ****ing dragon.

And if we are talking just this episode? Euron, Golden Company's commander or some shit? Just something so the dude has something to ****ing do. They could have at least given Jon Arya's part of saving the people of King's Landing and it would have been 100x more meaningful. This shit sucks.
Earlier seasons had Jon and the NK making eye contact at multiple occasions. They knew each other. We all assumed they would meet in the end.

So when the battle is about to commence and Bran says the NK will come for him AND they think killing the NK will destroy his army they decide......to let Reek defend Bran.

Yes feeling gyped is allowed.
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:45 AM 05-14-2019
Tyrion would have loved to have seen Cersei's head on a stick. He simply cared more about the people than his desire though. He simply sent Jaime to see if he could end the battle before it began.
[Reply]
patteeu 10:03 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Then she burned the tarleys because they wouldn't bend the knee. Burned the khals and encourages the dothraki to brutally go after cities in her name. Her ace has always been to burn cities to the ground. If not for her advisors she would have done it already.

She's a Walter white character. A character so well liked that people ignore when they do terrible things.
It's strange to me that people liked her so much. She's done enough selfish and annoyingly self-righteous things that I've been rooting for her ultimate demise since long before she sailed across the ocean to the seven kingdoms.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:25 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
It's strange to me that people liked her so much. She's done enough selfish and annoyingly self-righteous things that I've been rooting for her ultimate demise since long before she sailed across the ocean to the seven kingdoms.
I think that's what happens when the fanbase starts creating narratives of their own. Something similar happened with S1 of True Detective, where fans got so obsessed with the mythos and theorized beyond what the show-runners ever intended - and then were livid when they didn't see their theorized outcomes.

I watched the series with my wife and our tenant (who lives in our sort of granny pod). They are both liberal and all about women's empowerment. They breezed through all 7 seasons in the span of 2 months.

Their main prediction?

"Dany's going Mad Queen in Season 8."

They were convinced of that more than anything else in the series. Dating as far back as Season 4. The seeds have been planted the entire time. Do I wish they set that up more in the tail end of Season 7? Yep. But, it's been there, it really has. The show even went out of its way to have Dany go to more cruel means of justice than the books (probably due to the lack of internal monologue). I'm as disappointed as can be about the pacing, because it prevented Game of Thrones from reaching that sort of legendary status achieved by Lord of the Rings and Breaking Bad - but pretending that they came out of nowhere with this just isn't true - in fact, they were practically broadcasting this turn for Dany throughout the first 6 seasons of the series.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:30 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Hmmm....that'd be good to watch.

Or perhaps that's Ayra using her Faceless Man training. Those episodes had to be in there for some reason.
has to be a reason? Taking out House Frey, avenging the Red Wedding and killing the Night King and his army of the dead isn’t enough reason for those episodes?
[Reply]
Page 332 of 386
« First < 232282322328329330331332 333334335336342382 > Last »
Up