ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 46
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Caleb Williams is destined to be a massive bust
penguinz 08:18 AM 03-01-2024

BREAKING: USC QB Caleb Williams has DECLINED to medical examinations with teams at the Combine and did not sign off on having his medical records shared
with all teams.

Williams is believed to be the first combine invitee ever to decline an examination, per CBS. pic.twitter.com/ipHqfxNBYJ

— MLFootball (@_MLFootball) March 1, 2024

[Reply]
tredadda 09:28 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
So I will ask the question....are you saying that you are absolutely sure that Caleb Williams will become the next Patrick Mahomes (like we seem to see with every new crop of QB) or will he become the next Johnny Manziel?

Talent doesn't guarantee a winner....especially if the brain attached to it doesn't show the maturity to face the certain adversity that will come with the pressure of being the guaranteed #1 pick.
There is no way of knowing that, but he is far more talented than Manziel. If I am Chicago I would rather roll the dice with him and strike out than go with a “safer” pick and watch Williams ball out elsewhere. He doesn’t have to be the next Mahomes to make Chicago regret passing on him.

Sometimes players come into the league with maturity issues and grow out of them, but the talent is undeniable. A certain TE in KC comes to mind in that regard.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:34 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
But it is the one that everyone uses these days....sorry but that is just how it is.

I think if he gets to be the 7th best QB in his first hear then the Bears are right for taking him.

But if he is more Justin Fields redux or Kenny Pickett then everyone will jump on the failure bandwagon.

No question the capability is there...but does he have the mental make up to work past the pressure he will face.

Some have wilted with less pressure.

The comparison is made because of style of play and arm talent. You can separate that from he needs to be as good as Mahomes or he’s a failure. Regardless his college team’s record is irrelevant. Just like when the previous year the team went 11-3 that didn’t matter either.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:35 AM 03-04-2024
The amount of guys whining about a dude painting his nails is hilarious.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:36 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The amount of guys whining about a dude painting his nails is hilarious.
I paint my nails & wear lipstick. I get more pussy than 3/4 of this thread
[Reply]
LoneWolf 09:43 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Penix surprised me with how well he threw in his undies in Indy because i thought back to how badly he was missing guys on the biggest stage of his life in a real, championship football game.
Did you think back to how well he played against Texas in the Semi-Finals where he had almost an 80% completion rate, 400 yards , and 2 TDs? He didn't have his best game against Michigan. I think that entire Washington team was aware that Michigan was the better team and they were all pressing. Penix will learn from that game. He's been injury free for 2 seasons and he outplayed Caleb Williams this past season. I think he is an intriguing prospect and is going to surprise a lot of people at the next level.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:48 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
After watching the QBs throw at the combine, Chicago should draft Caleb Williams and then trade him to the Atlanta Falcons for the #8 pick and their next 2 first round picks. They could then draft Joe Alt at #8 and Michael Penix at #9. After watching Penix throw, I think he is this draft's CJ Stroud.
Penix is 24 years old. He is about the same age as Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields
[Reply]
crayzkirk 09:48 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He was thought to be a good pick. Nobody thoight it was some crazy pick. Just looks that way now.
Chiefs wanted Marino; drafted Blackledge because Mackovic wanted him. I never thought he got a real chance to succeed. At the time, the Chiefs were playing musical QBs with Kenney, Fuller and Blackledge. It was a mess. I think Todd/Page still hold the record for most yards in a single game by a Chiefs QB/WR combo.

Anyways, I've learned a lot about myself in this thread. Mostly about how old people like myself are supposed to think about race and painting fingernails.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:49 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
But the Bears and other teams at the top of the draft will have his medical records. So who cares?
No kidding. If you know that under any negative circumstances come up, you are still going in the top 5, just give it to them.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:55 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Chiefs wanted Marino; drafted Blackledge because Mackovic wanted him. I never thought he got a real chance to succeed. At the time, the Chiefs were playing musical QBs with Kenney, Fuller and Blackledge. It was a mess. I think Todd/Page still hold the record for most yards in a single game by a Chiefs QB/WR combo.
I'm getting old but my memory is that Todd had way too long of a leash. He should never have been picked. Allowed to start and or play so long and so many snaps. He is a shining example of the bad ole days.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:09 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I paint my nails & wear lipstick. I get more pussy than 3/4 of this thread
Postop cooch doesn't count
[Reply]
rfaulk34 10:11 AM 03-04-2024
Did you think back to how well he played against Texas in the Semi-Finals where he had almost an 80% completion rate, 400 yards , and 2 TDs? He didn't have his best game against Michigan. I think that entire Washington team was aware that Michigan was the better team and they were all pressing. Penix will learn from that game. He's been injury free for 2 seasons and he outplayed Caleb Williams this past season. I think he is an intriguing prospect and is going to surprise a lot of people at the next level.
Yeah. I was (am?) a Penix fan. I'm originally from Wash so i follow them so there's a bit of bitterness to my comment--along with a loathing of all things Hairball--so take it with a grain of salt. He really did catch my attention with his accuracy at the combine though.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 10:21 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Penix is 24 years old. He is about the same age as Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields
And?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:25 AM 03-04-2024
And?
He is extremely old for a rookie. Those don't work out
[Reply]
Mosbonian 10:27 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The comparison is made because of style of play and arm talent. You can separate that from he needs to be as good as Mahomes or he’s a failure. Regardless his college team’s record is irrelevant. Just like when the previous year the team went 11-3 that didn’t matter either.
Again....if he is the 7th best QB in the league the the Bears are right for picking him and he is not a failure.

Everyone was sure Tua was the next Mahomes....Trevor Lawrence was a generational talent....neither has lived up to expectations.

I'm saying that being a #1 pick carries a lot of pressure that some can't/won't handle well.

We will see how he does..
[Reply]
Mosbonian 10:33 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Sometimes players come into the league with maturity issues and grow out of them, but the talent is undeniable. A certain TE in KC comes to mind in that regard.
Strawman argument....there is a whole world of difference between the maturity level of a later round TE pick and the consensus #1 QB pick.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 46
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up