ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 278 of 3903
« First < 178228268274275276277278 2792802812822883283787781278 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 01:46 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Rausch:
From what I'm reading smoking, existing lung issues, and age are what the worst cases have in common.

I'm a smoker myself but I've already started a dramatic cut down and hopefully fully quitting. It won't prevent anything - my lungs are already damaged - but it will prevent whatever is to come from being worse by adding to the problem.

If you are a smoker read up now on ACE 2 receptors, smoking, and the virus. I don't claim to fully understand the studies or medical papers but I understand enough to know smoking and this virus are a very bad combination.

Triage or prioritizing resources might have to start at some point and if it does how will a doc treat a patient they know is going to leave and go right back to destroying their lungs on purpose?

I'm a smoker and I realize this...
Are weed enthusiasts and vapers lumped into smoking numbers , just curious , also good luck quitting smoking I know how tough it can be .
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:48 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Good grief do a little research instead of jumping the gun to be first every time.
thought you were banned for political posts?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:49 PM 03-15-2020
Panic ???:-) It's the flu season folks !!! The flu has been in every country of the world at this time of year affecting the elderly the most in death since the dawn of time. Just over 600 cases in NY out of 8 million people who live there ?:-) If it was time to panic those numbers would be in the hundreds of thousands by now IF this was serious. Just over 3000 cases confirmed nationally with 57 deaths out of 350 million as a nation ? :-) IF this was serious these numbers nationally would be in the millions with thousands and thousands of deaths already. Sounds like the flu season to me. Oh No ! CBS has shut down there studio audiences because 2 employees out hundreds of employees have the flu !!!! Imagine that this time of year !!:-)

It's the flu season folks !!:-)

Not buying it !! The numbers just don't back it up and yes some countries are worse than others based on their preparedness or lack thereof.

What I do buy !!! "Never let a ginned up crisis go to waste" !!!:-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:50 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by :
Illinois Governor Considers Locking Down Restaurants and Bars in Wake of Coronavirus
Governor Pritzker’s remarks come after Saturday, when St. Patrick’s pub crawls packed bars and ignored social distancing

by Ashok Selvam@Shokdiesel Mar 15, 2020, 10:56am CDT
https://chicago.eater.com/2020/3/15/...19-coronavirus
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:51 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
Ditto, except I was the younger sibling. Kept occupied by playing with sticks, playing in the creek and waiting for the real cartoons to come on tv.
thats hilarious. Just sit at home. No one cares your bored. :-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:52 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Rumor is they are going to say we have community spread here in Clinton due to a 72 yr old man that came to GVMH with a cold but no other symptoms really so they let him go home.

Sounds like they didn't quarantine the staff so.....
Jesus
[Reply]
stumppy 01:53 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Rausch:
From what I'm reading smoking, existing lung issues, and age are what the worst cases have in common.

I'm a smoker myself but I've already started a dramatic cut down and hopefully fully quitting. It won't prevent anything - my lungs are already damaged - but it will prevent whatever is to come from being worse by adding to the problem.

I'm a smoker and I realize this...

I'm right there with you.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:54 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Panic ???:-) It's the flu season folks !!! The flu has been in every country of the world at this time of year affecting the elderly the most in death since the dawn of time. Just over 600 cases in NY out of 8 million people who live there ?:-) If it was time to panic those numbers would be in the hundreds of thousands by now IF this was serious. Just over 3000 cases confirmed nationally with 57 deaths out of 350 million as a nation ? :-) IF this was serious these numbers nationally would be in the millions with thousands and thousands of deaths already. Sounds like the flu season to me. Oh No ! CBS has shut down there studio audiences because 2 employees out hundreds of employees have the flu !!!! Imagine that this time of year !!:-)

Not buying it !! The numbers just don't back it up and yes some countries are worse than others based on their preparedness or lack thereof.

Yeah, we should wait until everyone has it before doing anything about it.

Leave the critical thinking to other people.
[Reply]
stumppy 01:58 PM 03-15-2020

Since Dane isn't here to remind everybody..
Attached: OIP.jpg (9.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:58 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

You can just "Chicken Little" yourself right on down the road then continuing to make all those Lefty turns each and every day. Have fun wringing your hands.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 02:02 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Since Dane isn't here to remind everybody..
Yeah where is George Costanza ? I saw him not to long ago posting on here.

Where are the numbers then? Or should I say like this little ol lady from years ago said.

[Reply]
SupDock 02:05 PM 03-15-2020

Gov. Pritzker to announce all Illinois bars and restaurants will be closed starting at end of business day on Monday.

— Tina Sfondeles (@TinaSfon) March 15, 2020

[Reply]
suzzer99 02:06 PM 03-15-2020
Ohio closing bars and restaurants too. Gyms and workout classes can't be far behind.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:07 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

You can just "Chicken Little" yourself right on down the road then continuing to make all those Lefty turns each and every day. Have fun wringing your hands.:-)
bearcat is “chicken little” and a “lefty”. I’ve had a lot of differences with him over the years but I’ve never known those terms to be applicable to him.
[Reply]
stevieray 02:09 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Those employees need every dime.

bummer.
[Reply]
Page 278 of 3903
« First < 178228268274275276277278 2792802812822883283787781278 > Last »
Up