ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 133 of 144
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:08 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Everyone is really shitting on Ryan Tannehill. He put up the best passer rating in the NFL this year. He is certainly capable. Yes he has a huge benefit of getting to play with the best RB and getting to catch defenses off balance a bit when they do pass since it isn't as often as the NFL norm but hes had a great year and can make plays.
He is not without talent. He throws a nice deep ball

Top 10 draft pick. Do not underestimate
[Reply]
petegz28 07:08 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Everyone is really shitting on Ryan Tannehill. He put up the best passer rating in the NFL this year. He is certainly capable. Yes he has a huge benefit of getting to play with the best RB and getting to catch defenses off balance a bit when they do pass since it isn't as often as the NFL norm but hes had a great year and can make plays.
Tannehill has made the most of his opportunities this season that's for sure. But he has a great running game to key off and people didn't have any tape on him in this offense.

When you're asked to throw less than 100 yards a game you don't have to be Mahomes. That being said you can't go to sleep on any QB in the playoffs. But if I have to choose my poison I pick him. I would do everything to take away the run and force him to beat us.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 07:10 PM 01-18-2020
people are forgetting this is a 9-7 team who had to beat a texans team in the final week resting their starters to get into the playoffs. Chiefs by 14+ and i can’t wait to see and feel all the excitement around the KC area
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:11 PM 01-18-2020
It’s not so much about shitting on Tannehill, it’s about analyzing the matchup.

Tannehill on the road vs a top 10-12 pass defense

-or-

Mahomes at home vs a bottom 10-12 pass defense

Huge advantage for KC.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:31 PM 01-18-2020
The only thing giving me any worry about losing has nothing to do with the actual play on the field. That is that the ultimate “because Chiefs” moment would be to have lost these games all the time in the past as the team with a running game and the need to play perfect, mistake free, and force turnovers, only to lose to the superior QB and then now that it is finally reversed with us having the QB we somehow lose to the inferior running team.

I know that this has nothing to do with the actual game though and we have the QB who can overcome anything so I am still confident we will roll them and win by double digits.
[Reply]
Mennonite 07:36 PM 01-18-2020
Mildly funny story about what a dumbass I am:

I live in TN and it was cold and raining like a MF today so I grabbed an old windbreaker out of my closet this morning. Everywhere I went people were telling me "Titans are gonna win tomorrow!" Christ, these guys are pumped up for this game if they're walking up to random strangers and saying this shit. And then I realized that the old windbreaker I was wearing had a big Titans logo on the back. That thing had been in the back of my closet since I was in highschool.

In conclusion:

1) Titans fans may or may not be excited about this game
2) I really need to clean out my closet
3) I tell really boring anecdotes
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:40 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Mildly funny story about what a dumbass I am:

I live in TN and it was cold and raining like a MF today so I grabbed an old windbreaker out of my closet this morning. Everywhere I went people were telling me "Titans are gonna win tomorrow!" Christ, these guys are pumped up for this game if they're walking up to random strangers and saying this shit. And then I realized that the old windbreaker I was wearing had a big Titans logo on the back. That thing had been in the back of my closet since I was in highschool.

In conclusion:

1) Titans fans may or may not be excited about this game
2) I really need to clean out my closet
3) I tell really boring anecdotes
mostly what I took from this anecdote was this:

I'm old.

When I was in high school, they were the fucking Oilers from Houston.

:-)
[Reply]
DRM08 07:44 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The only thing giving me any worry about losing has nothing to do with the actual play on the field. That is that the ultimate “because Chiefs” moment would be to have lost these games all the time in the past as the team with a running game and the need to play perfect, mistake free, and force turnovers, only to lose to the superior QB and then now that it is finally reversed with us having the QB we somehow lose to the inferior running team.

I know that this has nothing to do with the actual game though and we have the QB who can overcome anything so I am still confident we will roll them and win by double digits.
Understand where you are coming from. I hope Patrick is the right guy to exorcise the demons that have cursed the Chiefs franchise for 50 years.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:50 PM 01-18-2020
I think what we could all agree on is this:

The Chiefs are a much more talented team.

The Chiefs have a generational talent at QB.

Usually, almost always, in a play-off scenario, that means you win.

We are apprehensive 'because Chiefs', because so many times we've believed, we've had our hearts ripped out, often on flukey bullshit calls and weird shit so many times we have a hard time comprehending that this time we really do see what we think we see.

This time is different. It really is. It's not a mirage.

Could weird flukey shit happen again? Sure, yeah, of course. So much flukey shit that even Mahomes can't overcome it? After last week, I say," Naw. Hell naw."

You know the funny thing?

I think I'm going to be more emotional if/when we win the game tomorrow than if/when we actually win the damned Super Bowl.

Because if/when we win tomorrow, then I KNOW it's really for REAL and not just another cruel joke.

Intellectually, I know it's not. I know that.

I know that this defense really did turn a corner, and can be relied upon to do their part.

I know that Patrick Mahomes really IS what he appears to be.

I know.

I BELIEVE.

And by this time tomorrow, I will have indisputable proof.

And THAT is when I'ma cry like Jimmy Stewart at the end of It's a Wonderful Life.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:51 PM 01-18-2020

Thank you Dave ��������❤️ https://t.co/zcWaOge8i4

— Ty Hill (@cheetah) January 19, 2020

[Reply]
493rd 08:00 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think what we could all agree on is this:

The Chiefs are a much more talented team.

The Chiefs have a generational talent at QB.

Usually, almost always, in a play-off scenario, that means you win.

We are apprehensive 'because Chiefs', because so many times we've believed, we've had our hearts ripped out, often on flukey bullshit calls and weird shit so many times we have a hard time comprehending that this time we really do see what we think we see.

This time is different. It really is. It's not a mirage.

Could weird flukey shit happen again? Sure, yeah, of course. So much flukey shit that even Mahomes can't overcome it? After last week, I say," Naw. Hell naw."

You know the funny thing?

I think I'm going to be more emotional if/when we win the game tomorrow than if/when we actually win the damned Super Bowl.

Because if/when we win tomorrow, then I KNOW it's really for REAL and not just another cruel joke.

Intellectually, I know it's not. I know that.

I know that this defense really did turn a corner, and can be relied upon to do their part.

I know that Patrick Mahomes really IS what he appears to be.

I know.

I BELIEVE.

And by this time tomorrow, I will have indisputable proof.

And THAT is when I'ma cry like Jimmy Stewart at the end of It's a Wonderful Life.
Well fucking said and I hope we’re all crying like Jimmy Stewart tomorrow.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 08:01 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
That is pretty cool!
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 08:05 PM 01-18-2020
I'm preparing my finest dress sock. Tomorrow night goin' be hawt
[Reply]
crayzkirk 08:14 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
people are forgetting this is a 9-7 team who had to beat a texans team in the final week resting their starters to get into the playoffs. Chiefs by 14+ and i can’t wait to see and feel all the excitement around the KC area
I don't think people are forgetting anything. Tannehill was the #3 rated QB behind Luck and RG3. Scored 34 on the Wonderlick. He's an athlete. He played on a bad team in Miami and multiple coaching changes. The Tits aren't asking him to win games, just not lose them.

If I were a Tits fan, I would be worried more about how they expect to stop the Chiefs offense. The media is building up the Tits because they can't just talk about the Chiefs and Mahomes all the time. Just as they are giving the 49ers and Packers equal coverage.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 08:19 PM 01-18-2020
Am I the only one who finds it weird that out of all the AFC powerhouses and rivals we've played throughout the years, it's the freakin' Tennessee Titans that represent the last hurdle for us to reach the grandest stage of them all?

It just feels out of place.
[Reply]
Page 133 of 144
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143 > Last »
Up