ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>Jack Reacher
listopencil 01:25 PM 02-05-2022
Watched the first episode. It was fun, enjoyable. I'll give the series a try.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:42 PM 02-05-2022
Not familiar with the books but enjoying the series. I'd say it's standard Amazon quality, comparable to Goliath or Bosch or Jack Ryan.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02-05-2022, 07:44 PM
This message has been deleted by keg in kc. Reason: Dupe
Easy 6 08:03 PM 02-05-2022
Amazon
Disney +
Netflix
Hulu
HBO
Paramount +
This one
That one
The other one

You can't just buy a decent cable package, and occasionally go to the movies to see anything worthwhile anymore... the future is here, and I hate its guts
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:29 PM 02-05-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Amazon
Disney +
Netflix
Hulu
HBO
Paramount +
This one
That one
The other one

You can't just buy a decent cable package, and occasionally go to the movies to see anything worthwhile anymore... the future is here, and I hate its guts
Well, cable you had to pay a premium for a bunch of channels you may not even watch.

I have a Verizon unlimited plan so Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ are all included for free.

I watch Netflix the most often so it's well worth the cost for me.

Amaon Prime means free shipping so that's well worth the price.

I happen to have "free" cable/internet through my HOA. Not truly free since clearly some of the HOA fees go towards the cost, but I do pay an extra $20 a month for increased 500/500 speeds.

So long story short I have Netflix, Hulu, ESPN+, Disney+, Amazon Prime, and basic cable all for not that much. I can watch whatever I want with far more options than I used to have back in the day watching Satellite TV growing up in my parents' house. I can watch what's live on Cable or watch countless TV programs or movies on demand streaming. If there is a TV show on HBO Max or Paramount + or some other network I can get a one month subscription to binge watch the show and whatever else may be of interest before the month expires and I cancel my membership.

Idk, doesn't sound all that bad to me.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:52 AM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Amazon
Disney +
Netflix
Hulu
HBO
Paramount +
This one
That one
The other one

Meh, I like the choice of paying for content that I actually want to see without being forced to subsidize crap channels on cable that I literally never watched.

I get HBO Max included in my ATT Fiber, Amazon Prime I pay for just to get the fast shipping, so any video content is a bonus. All the other streaming services I sign up for and watch when they have somthing I'm actually interested in watching, then cancel when I finish.

Much, much, much better than cable. I might spend $30/month on streaming options with a much broader seletion than I ever got for cable, and that crap starts at like $80/month now.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:36 PM 02-05-2022
I’ve finished four episodes so far. It’s really good. Funny moments, intriguing, and suspenseful.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:47 PM 02-05-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I’ve finished four episodes so far. It’s really good. Funny moments, intriguing, and suspenseful.
Wife insisted to keep binging. 5 episodes in. Well done TV. Interesting, suspense is good. Twists are not TV stupid. Funny when it tries. Worth the time so far.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:34 AM 02-06-2022
I just by chance watched the movie (with Tom Cruise) yesterday. Never seen any Jack Reacher stuff before, but I did like the movie. I think I'll give this series a spin for sure.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 08:36 AM 02-09-2022
Enjoyable watch, if a bit formulaic

Spoiler!

[Reply]
listopencil 10:50 AM 02-09-2022
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
Enjoyable watch, if a bit formulaic

Spoiler!
Yeah. I noticed that. There is definitely some cheese in this sandwich but it's still tasty.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:14 AM 02-21-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Yeah. I noticed that. There is definitely some cheese in this sandwich but it's still tasty.
Which pretty much describes the novels to a T.

I really, really enjoyed the whole thing, especially the exposition in the finale. So many shows just totally skip, or barely gloss over that stuff these days.

Amazing job by Amazon.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:56 PM 02-21-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Which pretty much describes the novels to a T.

I really, really enjoyed the whole thing, especially the exposition in the finale. So many shows just totally skip, or barely gloss over that stuff these days.

Amazing job by Amazon.
Yup.

Extremely cornball between gratuitously violent.

So....just like the books.

The problem with the books and why I eventually stopped reading them is that they're just awfully repetitive. Same thing every book. Oh sure, some difference in the details, but every story is basically the same.

Makes for a good limited serious and probably even a few seasons of it, but it does have a shelf life.
[Reply]
kc rush 08:16 AM 02-06-2022
Watched through it all in one day.

Enjoyed it overall, thought it was cheesy in some places.

I need to reread Killing Floor now since there was a lot that I had forgotten.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:21 AM 02-06-2022
This show isn't breaking new ground as BL said, but it is enjoyable.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up