Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith announces retirement
carcosa 12:55 PM 04-19-2021
I honestly don't remember this Alex Smith guy but I'm glad he's happy
[Reply]
eDave 01:06 PM 04-19-2021
Yes.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 01:28 PM 04-19-2021
3rd and 12..... pass..... high right flutter ball out of bounds..... SMIFFFFF, gtfo! Rinse and repeat.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:46 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo:
3rd and 12..... pass..... high right flutter ball out of bounds..... SMIFFFFF, gtfo! Rinse and repeat.
Oh, goodness. I'm getting a flashback.

We're down to the Broncos. It's either end of half or end of regulation. With time expiring, a Hail Mary is the only option. This dude drops back to pass then tucks it and runs up the sideline for like a 20 yard gain :-)

Fucking pointless.
[Reply]
Molitoth 01:45 PM 04-19-2021
There was nothing wrong with rooting for an Alex Smith ankle sprain. =P

Quality human being, husband, father, etc.... but after years of excuses... was ready for something new.... IE: Mahomes.

Then there were douchebags HERE and in the media (Cough Kevin Keitzman) who wants Mahomes to stay on the bench and remain with Alex another season.
[Reply]
eDave 01:55 PM 04-19-2021
Sup, Mav?
[Reply]
Mav 01:58 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Sup, Mav?

Hey bud. Figured today was a good day to hop out of lurker status. Hope all is well Dave!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:06 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by Mav:
Hey bud. Figured today was a good day to hop out of lurker status. Hope all is well Dave!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I imagine you must have called in sick today.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:52 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by Mav:
:-)

The irony of all ironies...
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 02:53 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
:-)

The irony of all ironies...

exactly...like its just some random thing the guy is here. You know he is in his PJ's and in tears with a big bowl of ice cream

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:26 PM 04-19-2021
Alex was a good player but even a better man. He was all class. He's a winner. He is the standard for how you groom a young super star, our Patrick Mahomes. That's not an easy pill to swallow but took on the role like a champ.

Best of luck, Alex. Thank you.
[Reply]
dls6501 03:29 PM 04-19-2021
I am all for giving Alex his props for persevering and having a decent career. I am not ok with romanticizing his career and pumping him up to be something he is/was not.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:45 PM 04-19-2021
Reid said at his press conference that if he wants to get into coaching, he has first dibs.

Mahomes has been really cool to Alex about giving him props about understanding how to read defenses and play the QB at the NFL level. No way it was just him saying nice things about the previous guy while he took his job.

He didn’t have the natural talent to play at the elite level in the NFL. But, he did maximize the talent he was born with. He will make a great coach.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 03:50 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Mahomes has been really cool to Alex about giving him props about understanding how to read defenses and play the QB at the NFL level. .

No way it was just him saying nice things about the previous guy while he took his job.

This is the kind of thing I disagree with. It absolutely was him being nice. Most of what mahomes does
(vision, quick thought process, rocket arm / ball velocity, accuracy, the winning/killer instinct) just can't be taught by someone
while you're holding a clip board. I am willing to give credit where credit is due (not being a dick,
helping with the transition etc...) but just from seeing mahomes in pre-season after we drafted
him and knowing what he has physically/mentally.. My thought is that even if alex was a dick (he wasn't, kadoos to him)
mahomes would still be the best QB in the NFL and would have been able to play at the elite NFL level
..because of the unteachables.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:19 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
This is the kind of thing I disagree with. It absolutely was him being nice. Most of what mahomes does
(vision, quick thought process, rocket arm / ball velocity, accuracy, the winning/killer instinct) just can't be taught by someone
while you're holding a clip board. I am willing to give credit where credit is due (not being a dick,
helping with the transition etc...) but just from seeing mahomes in pre-season after we drafted
him and knowing what he has physically/mentally.. My thought is that even if alex was a dick (he wasn't, kadoos to him)
mahomes would still be the best QB in the NFL and would have been able to play at the elite NFL level
..because of the unteachables.
dude come on, it’s a given on Mahomes natural talent. When have we ever seen a QB falling down, perpendicular to the ground throw an accurate ball 30 yards down field, split defenders and hit his guy in the face mask? That’s once in a generation you have to be born with talent.

Just because Smith didn’t have that talent doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be a great coach. Or he didn’t “really” help Mahomes.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up