ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 32
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Houston hires Nick Caserio to be GM
Mecca 06:38 PM 01-05-2021
More New England trash, these teams will never learn.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:24 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You can’t fire an owner :-)
I didn't say you could. I said it's so bad for football that you can't.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:42 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I didn't say you could. I said it's so bad for football that you can't.
Originally Posted by :
Bad owners should be fired
I know you weren’t saying you could, but it sounds like you think you should be able to.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:47 PM 01-16-2021
But fans can hire a plane and fly a banner around the stadium...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:59 PM 01-16-2021
I know you weren’t saying you could, but it sounds like you think you should be able to.
There absolutely needs to be a way to hold bad owners accountable for poor performance. It's crazy to think otherwise.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:03 PM 01-16-2021
There absolutely needs to be a way to hold bad owners accountable for poor performance. It's crazy to think otherwise.
There is.

The fans have to respond accordingly. Unfortunately, most fans are dumb.

If I were a Texans fan, I’d be boycotting until at least Easterby’s gone.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:04 PM 01-16-2021
:-) The owners wife confiscated a sign when they tried.

But yeah, it sounds like that type of protest is already in the works.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:06 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) The owners wife confiscated a sign when they tried.

But yeah, it sounds like that type of protest is already in the works.
I honestly think the Texans have no choice but to hire Bieniemy.

The longer this goes without hearing anybody else connected to them, and the worse things get in the media and with the fans, the more likely it is that they will cave to their fans and franchise QB’s demands.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:08 PM 01-16-2021
I honestly think the Texans have no choice but to hire Bieniemy.

The longer this goes without hearing anybody else connected to them, and the worse things get in the media and with the fans, the more likely it is that they will cave to their fans and franchise QB’s demands.
That's just going to prolong it. They really need to fire Easterby but for some reason Call won't do it.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:09 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
That's just going to prolong it. They really need to fire Easterby but for some reason Call won't do it.
Oh I forgot to add firing Easterby too. Yea obviously that has to be done as well.
[Reply]
Coach 02:11 PM 01-16-2021
Well we did that. There was an organization called SOC (Save Our Chiefs) when the Pioli fiasco was spiraling out of control back then.

We flew banners on planes. We wore black for blacking out Arrowhead. We stopped going to games.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:13 PM 01-16-2021
There is.

The fans have to respond accordingly. Unfortunately, most fans are dumb.

If I were a Texans fan, I’d be boycotting until at least Easterby’s gone.
There is nothing fans can do. Skins fans and knicks fans have tried for 2 decades. McNair will throw Easterby under the bus and then another guy then another guy. McNair will never lose money off of this. He just makes less when they lose.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:14 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:
Well we did that. There was an organization called SOC (Save Our Chiefs) when the Pioli fiasco was spiraling out of control back then.

We flew banners on planes. We wore black for blacking out Arrowhead. We stopped going to games.
That was a general manager. For an owner who is very good at his job.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:15 PM 01-16-2021
There is nothing fans can do. Skins fans and knicks fans have tried for 2 decades. McNair will throw Easterby under the bus and then another guy then another guy. McNair will never lose money off of this. He just makes less when they lose.
Lol wut?

There absolutely is. If fans stopped going to games and supporting the team entirely, their voices would be heard.

Like I said, unfortunately most fans are dumb or don’t care enough.
[Reply]
Coach 02:16 PM 01-16-2021
That was a general manager. For an owner who is very good at his job.
This is true, but the above still can be applied, because the owner will lose money if fans don't come to games, especially now in a pandemic.

I'm sure that Hunt's bottom line numbers took a hit one way or another in that year. And for a owner who is really smart, and did what he needed to do after the fact (meeting with Andy and honoring Andy's wishes that working with Pioli wasn't going to work). That has to be acknowledged, because Hunt could have simply ignored us and continue to push on with the Pioli bullshit narrative.

It just comes down to how the owner is perceived. Like the Bengals owner, he's a cheapskate bastard. Same applies to Bidwell at the time.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:17 PM 01-16-2021
Lol wut?

There absolutely is. If fans stopped going to games and supporting the team entirely, their voices would be heard.

Like I said, unfortunately most fans are dumb or don’t care enough.
That strategy has worked extremely well in Detroit and Washington.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 32
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Up