ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 295
« First < 323839404142 434445465292142 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 01:12 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Holy **** you’re an idiot.
I don't don't think so and after Taylor has the better rookie season and career, you'll feel silly.
[Reply]
carcosa 01:14 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
I don't don't think so and after Taylor has the better rookie season and career, you'll feel silly.
You'll be dead though so who cares
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 01:14 PM 04-24-2020
I like Taylor, but you can’t ignore the mileage and CEH is a better scheme for the passing game and has better hands. The Chiefs made the right pick.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 01:15 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Maybe because Edwards-Helaire had more catches last year than Taylor had over three years.
Edelman was a QB in college, Gates a basketball player. All that....he caught more......means nothing.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:15 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
You'll be dead though so who cares
Lmao
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 01:16 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by BigChiefFan:
I like Taylor, but you can’t ignore the mileage and CEH is a better scheme for the passing game and has better hands. The Chiefs made the right pick.
We don't know that, what we do know is Taylor is bigger and far faster and more productive.

How about we take a wait and see approach, I think Taylor will be the better NFLer.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:18 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Well, then we have a difference of opinion.

I don't think Andy's going to demote Damien after what he did in the last quarter of the season and the playoffs, and most particularly how Damien balled in the SB. Damien earned the right to start the season. Plus, Damien knows the playbook, and at this point, he's the better pass pro guy.

At some point after week 6, CEH might take over (assuming Damien stays healthy, then all bets are off).
He won't have to demote Damian Williams. He'll get hurt at some point and be demoted by default.

Regardless of when that happens, I think they still are going to rotate the two. I'd expect Williams to get more snaps when they're in 12 personnel and CEH to be their guy in 11 personnel.

Williams' one-cut speed works well in the 2 TE sets from under center. CEH's lightning quick feet and make-you-miss ability is huge in shotgun run plays.

Since they're in 11 personnel about 65 percent of the time, CEH will get more touches.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:19 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yes but none of you people have bothered to read the new CBA.

If any first rounder reaches two Pro Bowls in his first three seasons, his 5th year option then equals the Franchise Tag number.

So if CEH lives up to his potential, he'll likely be with the Chiefs for only 4 years but the Chiefs should get a high Comp Pick in return.
Thankfully the franchise tag number for RBs is manageable. And if this offseason is any indication, a 3-year deal is the new 5-year deal.

Getting waaaaaaaay ahead of ourselves here, but if Clyde is special enough to warrant that higher pricetag of a 5th year option, it might be worth it to just extend him anyway.
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 01:21 PM 04-24-2020
We don't know that, what we do know is Taylor is bigger and far faster and more productive.
And neither do you. The point is, CEH is a better scheme fit for the Chiefs. He catches a ton better and he doesn’t have the fumbling issues, Taylor does. CEH is a more complete player and that’s what you want out of your 1st rounder.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:22 PM 04-24-2020
I don’t think we’ve been this universally excited about a pick since Patrick, and I think it’s because of the excitement that is trickling down from Brett, Andy, EB, Toub and Patrick.

Everyone that matters was *all-fucking-in* on this player. We should be too.
[Reply]
xztop123 01:23 PM 04-24-2020
Of course mahomes wanted him. That means more passing. Taylor would have slightly changed the formations and play calls
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:25 PM 04-24-2020

How about we take a wait and see approach, I think Taylor will be the better NFLer.
:-) @ "Far Faster".

I don't give a damn what he timed. When you watch him play, he's not playing at sub 4.4 speed.

And CEH is quicker and shiftier inside a box, which is a far more necessary trait in the NFL, especially when it comes to short yardage situations and making guys miss in open space.

Taylor won't even be the next RB off the board. And i like Taylor.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 01:26 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by BigChiefFan:
And neither do you. The point is, CEH is a better scheme fit for the Chiefs. He catches a ton better and he doesn’t have the fumbling issues, Taylor does. CEH is a more complete player and that’s what you want out of your 1st rounder.
You simply cannot pass up on a college RB putting up....

frosh...1977 6.6 13
soph....2194 7.1 16
jr........2003 6.3 21

That is amazing.

60 rushing TD's in three seasons? Over 6000 yards in three seasons?

Wow!

We don't know if the guy can catch, we do know he can run a 4.38 40.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:30 PM 04-24-2020

frosh...1977 6.6 13
soph....2194 7.1 16
jr........2003 6.3 21

That is amazing.

Wow!

And yet he's still on the board. Maybe you're missing something? I wonder what it could be that you're not considering....
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:30 PM 04-24-2020

frosh...1977 6.6 13
soph....2194 7.1 16
jr........2003 6.3 21

That is amazing.

Wow!

Taylor is very good, no doubt. He was never a fit here. All 4 RB's people have talked about have strengths and weaknesses and Taylor's strengths don't play in our offense. We throw the ball a lot, get people in space, and use outside zone running.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 295
« First < 323839404142 434445465292142 > Last »
Up