ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 295
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Megatron96 12:44 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
No, it's not.

The ****ing guy has 1,200 rushing yards and 12 TD's in SIX ****ING SEASONS!

He's the furthest thing on this roster from a 16 game starter, especially at age 28.

He was easily replaceable so the Chiefs replaced him with a far superior running back.
Uh, I was one of the people that pointed out Damien's career stats at the beginning of last season when we picked up Shady, but thanks for the refresher.

None of that changes the fact that Andy likes veterans over rookies. But as I said above, Kollmann seems to believe that CEH will be a starter sooner rather than later, and I respect his opinion. That said, I have to rethink my position, but we all know that Andy is a vet over rookie coach. So IMO, Damien will start to begin with, but maybe CEH takes over by mid-season. A lot will depend on his pass pro, which isn't a strength in his game, and just as importantly, his blitz recognition, which actually looks like a strength, in the highlight clips I've seen.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 12:44 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He also sucks as a receiver.
He left college with five receiving TD's, CEH....one.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:45 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
If Damien can finally be the starter for 16 games, he’ll be playing for a contract on his next team
That's a gigantic "IF', especially given that he's 28 and has never been able to stay healthy throughout the course of a season.

But that said, he's certainly a valuable spot back that can give CEH a breather, but he's in no way, shape or form, a 25+ touches per game type of guy, not in college, not in Miami and not with the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:45 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So the dude that said CEH to KC was his worst nightmare...

Poor guy in the red is a Texans fan.

Jesus, his reaction reminds me so much of how I felt watching other franchises running circles around us as we stayed content with 9-7 in the mid 2000's.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:46 PM 04-24-2020
Taylor has fumbling issues too IIRC.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:46 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Uh, I was one of the people that pointed out Damien's career stats at the beginning of last season when we picked up Shady, but thanks for the refresher.

None of that changes the fact that Andy likes veterans over rookies.
No offense but I think your takes here are fucking stupid.

The Chiefs aren't taking a guy like CEH at #32, then making him sit behind a walking Injury Report.

Not gonna happen.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:47 PM 04-24-2020
That's a gigantic "IF', especially given that he's 28 and has never been able to stay healthy throughout the course of a season.

But that said, he's certainly a valuable spot back that can give CEH a breather, but he's in no way, shape or form, a 25+ touches per game type of guy, not in college, not in Miami and not with the Chiefs.
I'm not holding my breath, but if there's a season where he magically puts it together for 16 games - it's this one (where millions are on the line).

15-20 touches a game is optimal for Williams and I have a feeling he'd be right around that number at the start of next season with CEH getting more and more of a share as the season progresses. If Williams gets hurt early, I'm sure CEH will get a Kareem Hunt like chance to take the rock and never have to give it back.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:48 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I'm not holding my breath, but if there's a season where he magically puts it together for 16 games - it's this one (where millions are on the line).

15-20 touches a game is optimal for Williams and I have a feeling he'd be right around that number over the course of next season with CEH getting more and more of a share as the season progresses. If Williams gets hurt, I'm sure CEH will get a Kareem Hunt like chance to take the rock and never have to give it back.
I think you guys that favoring Williams over CEH are smoking crack.

But then again, more than 50% of people that read my reasoning for taking a Feature Back early thought it would never happen because of Damien.

I don't agree with that, at all, and I'm very happy the Chiefs agree with me, not them.
[Reply]
chief4life 12:48 PM 04-24-2020
The ability of this offense to stretch the field just seems downright unfair, as if that was not already the case. Clyde causing 97 missed tackles against a top flight schedule translates to many future first downs and visits to the end zone.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:49 PM 04-24-2020
No offense but I think your takes here are ****ing stupid.

The Chiefs aren't taking a guy like CEH at #32, then making him sit behind a walking Injury Report.

Not gonna happen.
You really think that Andy's going to start CEH from day 1?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:49 PM 04-24-2020
It's gonna be like 1a and 1b thing this year
[Reply]
kccrow 12:50 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
What becomes of Darwin Thompson? 3rd string status forever?
Cut list, ideally.
[Reply]
Pants 12:50 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Anybody who is mad about the value should be pissed at the Packers and the Ravens. Queen being gone and Love being gone forced the Chiefs hand.
I wonder how many teams wanted Love.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:51 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Woah hold on a sec. Let’s give some damn respect to Damien Williams. That guy is about as elusive as it gets. He also has 11 playoff TD’s in 2 years.

That’s not me arguing against CEH by saying that. Let’s just keep in mind how goddamn good Damien was for us. Give him his due.
We're talking about different things.

Damien's VERY fast, and if he's got a hole, he can take it all the way.

He can also get you some yards after contact at the second level, and bull his way through.

But he needs a clean hole or he's toast.

What I'm talking about with elusive is that CEH has that crazy jitterbug thing and can take a 5 yard loss and turn it into a big gain by making people just flat miss. That's some rare stuff.

Damien's done a nice job, and in the play-offs was very good, but he's injury prone and doesn't have the best vision. CEH excels in lateral agility (making guys miss) and vision. He's also got a low center of gravity and can bull his way for extra yardage too. And have you seen him run slot receiver type routes?

Sorry, this is a different level of talent.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 12:52 PM 04-24-2020
Brian Westbrook left college as the all time all purpose yards leader with 9,952. And if CEH is better than him ....wow!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Page 40 of 295
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Up