ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 295
« First < 293536373839 404142434989139 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Megatron96 12:36 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So the dude that said CEH to KC was his worst nightmare...

That's hilarious. And eye-opening. I have a lot of respect for Kollmann's analytical capabilities. And it sounds like he thinks CEH is going to be the starter pretty quickly. Might have to take back my earlier thoughts about CEH slotting behind DW for the season.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:36 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Woah hold on a sec. Let’s give some damn respect to Damien Williams. That guy is about as elusive as it gets. He also has 11 playoff TD’s in 2 years.

That’s not me arguing against CEH by saying that. Let’s just keep in mind how goddamn good Damien was for us. Give him his due.
He was good for 4 playoff games. He was only healthy enough to play in 6 regular season games.

The guy has talent but his body just can't hold up over the course of an NFL season.

Or six.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 12:38 PM 04-24-2020
Jonathan Taylor is bigger, faster, had a more productive NCAA career.

Hmmmmm?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:38 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Exactly. If the Chiefs hit on a UDFA, he could even bring back a player in a trade before the season starts.

For whatever dumb reason, there's a large population of Damien Williams fans that think he's the guy that excelled in the 2019 playoffs and Super Bowl.

He's not. Not even close.

That's the player he could be, if healthy, but he's never been healthy, even going back to college, which is why he was a UDFA.
I’m as big of a Damien Williams homer as one can find and will die on that hill like I died on the Johnny Cueto is an ace hill.

But I’m stoked with this pick, absolutely stoked. I expect 2020 for Damien Williams will be a lot like 2017 for Alex Smith. If Damien can finally be the starter for 16 games, he’ll be playing for a contract on his next team. I’ll still root for Damien to slay it next year, but we all know who’s waiting in the wings.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:38 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:

Hmmmmm?
Nobody is drafting for great ncaa status retard
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:39 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
RB's are comically underpaid so I don't think putting the tag on a back is a big deal. That's why I was like fuck it, do the 5th year option and even franchise tag him once.

That's 6 years of pretty good value with zero long term big money committment.
That's changed a bit over the past few years. Gurley got $15 million+ and McCaffrey received $16 million per.

If CEH lives up to expectations, he could see $18-20 million in 2024 on the 5th year option and maybe much more.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:39 PM 04-24-2020

Hmmmmm?
He also sucks as a receiver.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 12:40 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Nobody is drafting for great ncaa status retard
So why all the videos of NCAA exploits retard?

[Reply]
staylor26 12:41 PM 04-24-2020

Hmmmmm?
He also had a shit ton of carries and fumbles....
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:42 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I think they want elite or near elite athleticism from their receivers moving forward and that’s not Shenault’s game. I don’t see him being a great separator from coverage at the NFL level.
I disagree.

If the Chiefs can draft Shenault at #63 or even a bit higher, we're looking a guy that's going to be able to step in and make an impact this season.

Keep in mind, Sammy Watkins hasn't played a full 16 game season since 2014 and as much as the Chiefs like Hill and Hardman, I'd rather see a guy like Shenault late in the season rather than DRob, who just seems to wilt in pressure situations.

This team needs three dominant WR's to be effective and a guy like Shenault could do that if any of them missed any amount of time.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:42 PM 04-24-2020
Wisconsin RB's come out really abused, he touched the ball more than any other back, he's a good runner with elite top end speed....he also isn't a good receiver..

I'm not a fan of Wisconsin backs, Melvin Gordon is good but all the other like Montee Ball were not.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:42 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That's changed a bit over the past few years. Gurley got $15 million+ and McCaffrey received $16 million per.

If CEH lives up to expectations, he could see $18-20 million in 2024 on the 5th year option and maybe much more.
If he hits the escalators well the money will probably be worth it.

The top back or two are nicely paid but generally they never typically see the big money portion and backs 4 and 5 are rather underpaid. I think it's still a quality option.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:42 PM 04-24-2020
What becomes of Darwin Thompson? 3rd string status forever?
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:43 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm all about positional value but some people act like you can't draft Barry Sanders in round 1, Arizona played that game taking a LT over Adrian Peterson, they'd have a SB title had they taken Peterson.
Also it's the 32nd freaking pick. It's not like RBs all of a sudden become ok value at 33 because it's now the second round.

People talk about the 2nd overall pick and 32nd as "first round" like they have anything in common with each other.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:44 PM 04-24-2020

Hmmmmm?
very different skillset.

Way more mileage.

Not as perfect a fit.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 295
« First < 293536373839 404142434989139 > Last »
Up