ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 337 of 386
« First < 237287327333334335336337 338339340341347 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:25 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by temper11:
This. Said better than i did above.
again, this is not fuzzy. A difference of opinion. The cast was onboard. All, EVERONE was ready to film 10 episodes. You can google this. It had to be talked about in this very thread when it was announced. It was big news in the GOT communities. People were pissed at D&D.
[Reply]
temper11 06:26 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
I have no problem with that at all. It would be good to have 2-4 more episodes, but whatever. To me, they are rushing it to end it, and it's causing detriment to the story and the characters.

Why not have Dany decide to wipe out the city for a clear reason other than Jon not kissing her back? Yes, I know, they've been foreshadowing the Mad Queen stuff, but it would have been better if there was a "tragic misunderstanding" or something. Like say, instead of the Golden Company being quite useless, how about they retreat into the city. The citizens of the city, having been sold a bill of goods by Cersei that the invaders were coming to rape them all and their kids (they DID have Dothraki in there after all) rise up and actually fight the invaders. As a result, Jon and his forces are in the fight of their lives and start getting their asses kicked...forcing Dany to go berserk and maybe she goes too far and wipes out the city worse than she really needed to. And THAT causes her victorious allies to look at her funny. It seems all the wasted time on the battle (battles...) could have been paired down so that you see what Cersei is planning and how the city will be defended.

How about a few more minutes devoted to Euron, making him a bad guy that we actually give a shit about seeing die instead of just some wanker who nobody cares about? I understand that they didn't have time to build him up to like Bolton status, but damn, make him more than meh. Then when Dany rides in to wipe out his fleet, have him get wiped out with them in some awesome display from an armored Drogon maybe. Don't have to show them making the armor, hell, just say they are going to do it after the other dragon bit it. It could be a suggestion by Tyrion. Whatever.

How about Arya killing Cersei, who is joined by a dying Jaime and they both die in each other's arms kinda Shakesperian tradgedy style? It wouldn't have taken that much time to tweak it to make it interesting instead of nothing...

And on and on. It's just lazy writing. I have no problem with where they are going, it's just how they are getting there is lazy and empty. I find myself giving a shit only because I'm supposed to, not because of what they are showing me.

It is what it is, but there is no way anyone can say with a straight face that this is anywhere near the "best" season of GoT. I would say it's really the worst, because of how important it is and how they are rushing through it.
If you'd have done this episode exactly as you have it said here - or even better given whatever amount of time you'd need to perfect it in your mind, and had all the resources, talent and cash to see it through to it's perfect depiction...

you'd have 10,000 people on this board telling you what a shitty, lazy job you did - and you raped their childhood. It's just the way it is.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:32 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
It actually makes some thematic sense. The place where he made his greatest mistake is also the place he did his greatest deed.
I'll concede that it'd be poetic, maybe even ironic.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:33 PM 05-14-2019
If you'd have done this episode exactly as you have it said here - or even better given whatever amount of time you'd need to perfect it in your mind, and had all the resources, talent and cash to see it through to it's perfect depiction...

you'd have 10,000 people on this board telling you what a shitty, lazy job you did - and you raped their childhood. It's just the way it is.
Not sure what kind of kids books you are used to, but I'm not comfortable with kids reading books about kids getting thrown out of windows to hide fucking one's sister.
[Reply]
temper11 06:37 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Not sure what kind of kids books you are used to, but I'm not comfortable with kids reading books about kids getting thrown out of windows to hide ****ing one's sister.
I stand corrected.... "you raped their young adult years".
[Reply]
temper11 06:52 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
again, this is not fuzzy. A difference of opinion. The cast was onboard. All, EVERONE was ready to film 10 episodes. You can google this. It had to be talked about in this very thread when it was announced. It was big news in the GOT communities. People were pissed at D&D.
I've done zero research, so I believe you fully. I'm just saying... this isn't unusual in long running shows. I believe it was Patrick Stewart alone who ended Star Trek TNG, cause he was just tired of doing it.

I wish we had another full season (or 5) of GoT also.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:34 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
He kind of looked like Blaster from Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome
My thought was Darth Vader after Luke takes his helmet off.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:35 PM 05-14-2019
I've done zero research, so I believe you fully. I'm just saying... this isn't unusual in long running shows. I believe it was Patrick Stewart alone who ended Star Trek TNG, cause he was just tired of doing it.

I wish we had another full season (or 5) of GoT also.
you know HBO wanted more episodes. They are printing money off this show. How many TV shows have ever made it to this level of societal impact. No show you had to pay to watch that’s for sure. People have parties to watch the show. Buy HBO just so they can watch the show.

The Sopranos was big but it didn’t have wide ranging audience that GOT has now. Maybe it would have with the wide penetration of social media that’s in every part of society in 2019. Maybe if that was the way it was back when it was on the air. Maybe.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05-14-2019, 07:35 PM
This message has been deleted by BigRedChief. Reason: Dupe
Chiefspants 09:13 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
this has been known for a long time. HBO talked about it publicly when the times and number of episodes was announced. They had a $100 million budget and offered to fund the additional episodes at the same rate. All the actors were onboard. D&D are soley to blame for only 6 episodes. They said publicly at the time that they were tried and it was time to move on.
Links to them saying they were “tired?”
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:52 PM 05-14-2019
Grey Worm going crazy was good to see. Been waiting for that.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:00 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Links to them saying they were “tired?”
This hits at the high points. It doesn't say they were "tired" per se, but it sounds pretty clear that the common conception among those in the know is that they wanted to move on to other projects.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas...was-a-mistake/
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:51 AM 05-15-2019

[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:23 AM 05-15-2019
This hits at the high points. It doesn't say they were "tired" per se, but it sounds pretty clear that the common conception among those in the know is that they wanted to move on to other projects.

Fantastic article.

I've read a lot of interviews from Dunkin' Donuts (my favorite of their nicknames). They've never given that nihilistic of a perspective about their work on the show from what I've read.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:13 AM 05-15-2019

Which is common to see among some actors who leave a long series—they want to move onto other projects.

Of course, for the ones who had this series for their first acting job that showcase their talent—they're probably getting new offers regularly.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:34 AM 05-15-2019

[Reply]
Page 337 of 386
« First < 237287327333334335336337 338339340341347 > Last »
Up