ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 51
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
srvy 04:05 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Oof. Ohtani may have fucked up BIG time. He or his translator stated he'd wired money personally to cover his translators gambling debts. Guessing both his own people and the Dodgers immediately jumped on how bad that is and changed the story to his translator stole it all. Federal investigators already involved.
Whoops
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:07 PM 03-22-2024
Pratto and Waters to Omaha. Pratto was the best hitter this spring so far.

We have optioned the following players to Omaha (AAA):

C Austin Nola
INF Nick Pratto
OF Drew Waters

We now have 49 players in big league camp.

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) March 22, 2024

[Reply]
dlphg9 02:17 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Pratto and Waters to Omaha. Pratto was the best hitter this spring so far.
Who's playing CF?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:35 PM 03-22-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Who's playing CF?
Kyle Isbel
[Reply]
tk13 07:30 PM 03-22-2024
An MLB player survey picked the Royals as this year's surprise breakout team. No pressure.

The players have spoken, now it's your turn.

Which team do you think will surprise in 2024? pic.twitter.com/d0egYQnWO8

— MLB (@MLB) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:35 PM 03-25-2024
Lineup tonight against Northwest Arkansas - have to think that will be close to the main lineup that they will use

[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:35 AM 03-27-2024

Maikel Garcia is someone I've talked about a lot as a breakout guy, and ..

.. I know better than to put emphasis on a few dozen winter/ST PA. You do too.

& yet

1.117 OPS in Venezuela
.984 OPS in ST
93rd %ile hard-hit
Best def 3B in AL (buys him time)

I'm in, let's go

— Mike Petriello (@mike_petriello) March 27, 2024

[Reply]
dlphg9 02:13 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
I really like Garcia. If he can get his OPS above .725, then he'd be very valuable, since he has the best defense at 3rd.
[Reply]
gblowfish 04:33 PM 03-27-2024
This is a picture of my baseball buddy Gary from exactly 20 years ago at the 2004 Royals home opener. My other best baseball buddy was Derrek, who is no longer here to watch the Royals with Gary and me. We were the three amigos at Royals games. Let me tell an opening day story about Derrek and me. Most years -for many years going back to the late 1970s- Derrek, Gary and I would camp out on the concrete overnight outside Right Field GA to be in line for opening day tickets. There were only about 1500 available in right field and 1500 in left field. We liked right field, because we sat down around Joe Hess (Royals Santa Claus) and Darcy our favorite beer man worked right field. So we'd stay up all night long the night before in line; drinking beer and playing poker on the concrete, in all kinds of weather over the years. Rain, cold, wind, whatever. Games usually didn't start until around 3pm, so by game time we were pretty crispy. GA would let you buy two tickets per person. They were cheap; around $2 or $3 each. So we'd send Gary ahead to get down close to the field and save us seats. Derrek and I would buy two extra seats each. So we had two pair of extras. We would then go back to the very end of the GA line. I mean the VERY end. And we'd look for two deserving couples. We would offer them tickets at face value, because we knew by that time the line was so long the tickets would all be gone before they got to the windows. We did it for good baseball karma. People would often jump for joy or cry when we sold them the tickets. It was a cool thing we did every year, and was one of my favorite memories of Derrek. I'll be thinking of him tomorrow as another exciting season of Royals baseball kicks off. Here's also picture of Gary, Derrek, yours truly and one of KCPD's finest from around 1978. GO ROYALS.
Attached: DSCN0283.jpg (84.3 KB) gbmeetpolice.jpg (89.8 KB) 
[Reply]
cabletech94 05:46 PM 03-27-2024
I remember RF Santa!!! Matter of fact right field is where we sat most of the time!! Days gone by!!!

PS I bet we sat within shouting distance of one another!! Love it!!
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 08:01 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
I remember RF Santa!!! Matter of fact right field is where we sat most of the time!! Days gone by!!!

Ah yes...RF GA $3 seats. And Santa. My high school years in a nutshell.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 08:17 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
This is a picture of my baseball buddy Gary from exactly 20 years ago at the 2004 Royals home opener. My other best baseball buddy was Derrek, who is no longer here to watch the Royals with Gary and me. We were the three amigos at Royals games. Let me tell an opening day story about Derrek and me. Most years -for many years going back to the late 1970s- Derrek, Gary and I would camp out on the concrete overnight outside Right Field GA to be in line for opening day tickets. There were only about 1500 available in right field and 1500 in left field. We liked right field, because we sat down around Joe Hess (Royals Santa Claus) and Darcy our favorite beer man worked right field. So we'd stay up all night long the night before in line; drinking beer and playing poker on the concrete, in all kinds of weather over the years. Rain, cold, wind, whatever. Games usually didn't start until around 3pm, so by game time we were pretty crispy. GA would let you buy two tickets per person. They were cheap; around $2 or $3 each. So we'd send Gary ahead to get down close to the field and save us seats. Derrek and I would buy two extra seats each. So we had two pair of extras. We would then go back to the very end of the GA line. I mean the VERY end. And we'd look for two deserving couples. We would offer them tickets at face value, because we knew by that time the line was so long the tickets would all be gone before they got to the windows. We did it for good baseball karma. People would often jump for joy or cry when we sold them the tickets. It was a cool thing we did every year, and was one of my favorite memories of Derrek. I'll be thinking of him tomorrow as another exciting season of Royals baseball kicks off. Here's also picture of Gary, Derrek, yours truly and one of KCPD's finest from around 1978. GO ROYALS.
Oh yeah, plenty of RF GA memories from back in the day with "Santa Claus". I remember his thick accent quite well. Wasn't he from Jersey?
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 05:29 AM 03-28-2024
Opening Day!
[Reply]
wazu 07:06 AM 03-28-2024
Damn it I thought this shit was going to be on Amazon Prime this year.
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:56 AM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by cabletech94:

There was another guy that was always down front in RF GA. He had a hat that had a Budweiser can sticking out of it. My buddy and I just called him Can Head.

EDIT: Like this...

[Reply]
Page 30 of 51
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Up