ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 88 of 88
« First < 38788485868788
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023-2024 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:43 PM 10-24-2023
Can't believe the NBA Season is starting tonight. Way to early but here we go.

Lakers vs Nuggets: 6:30PM

Suns vs Warriors: 9PM

Both on TNT
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:38 AM Yesterday

D’Lo refusing to take part in the huddle now. https://t.co/GjGz17ZNp0 pic.twitter.com/rRL39WSK5z

— Lakers All Day Everyday (@LADEig) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:45 AM Yesterday
I like how when LeBron loses he says 'It's just basketball,' or 'You have to go to work tomorrow I don't.' But when he wins you don't hear anything like that from him.

That said - Nuggets own the Lakers. it's over for them.
[Reply]
Katipan 05:54 AM Yesterday
Sweeps are cool but I've never been to a NBA Playoff game. I need them to lose 1.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:13 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
If your expectation is for AD to get 40+ points every game, you're gonna be disappointed. He's never been that kind of player. He's honestly been quite impressive in this series overall in terms of his effort too (averaging 32 points and 13 REBs on 61% shooting while trying to guard the best offensive big ever).

And yeah, you absolutely need more from your alleged #3 scorer (18 PPG average this year) in Russell than zero points and perpetual awful performances in the playoffs if you're ever gonna beat that team.

And who would you suggest Ham play over Russell anyway? Their bench players suck too. They need him to show up in these games given their lack of secondary scoring and he just doesn't do it.
I agree AD has played great early in the games but my expectation is like any other superstar is to show up in the important moments. AD has no showed 2 4th quarters in a row, took 1 shot in Game 2 and 2-3 shots last night. That is unexpectable for a superstar.

All I am saying he needs to share in the blame along with DLO and Ham and probably others. Lebron has done what he can do.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:52 AM Yesterday
FYP
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:28 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I like how when LeBron loses he says 'It's just basketball,' or 'You have to go to work tomorrow I don't.' But when he wins you don't hear anything like that from him.

If they stay healthy, the Nuggets should own everyone.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:40 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:

He's always been a front runner.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:48 AM Yesterday
I know it’s easy to shit on the lakers and im not a fan, but they haven’t played bad basketball. They’ve actually been playing really well. Denver is just really that good. When Murray goes off, they’re unstoppable and when he doesn’t and porter steps up? Sheesh!

And of course there’s no doubt who the mvp is.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:53 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I know it’s easy to shit on the lakers and im not a fan, but they haven’t played bad basketball. They’ve actually been playing really well. Denver is just really that good. When Murray goes off, they’re unstoppable and when he doesn’t and porter steps up? Sheesh!

I'm convinced Jokic is playing some of the best basketball that's ever been played, period. His display against AD down the stretch of game 2 was absolutely ridiculous.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:30 PM Yesterday
I'm convinced Jokic is playing some of the best basketball that's ever been played, period. His display against AD down the stretch of game 2 was absolutely ridiculous.
I hope his brother is barred from stadiums. Deadbeat violent thug.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 03:03 PM Yesterday

BREAKING: The NBA and Amazon Prime Video have the framework of a deal that will make the streaming service one of the main homes for the league games, executives with direct knowledge of the talks told The Athletic ⤵️ https://t.co/YWqWu9u7nA

— The Athletic (@TheAthletic) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:13 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

it's just a horrid matchup for LA.

It's a tough matchup for most teams. But the Lakers are built through AD in the post-season and when you build your team around size then run into a team with the best big man in a quarter century, you're probably gonna lose.

They do what LA does but better.

The team that beats them, if a team beats them, will be a team that does something different and executes it at a slightly higher level than Denver does.

To go to football, that's been Buffalo's problem. They tried to build a team a lot like KC, but KC is just better at being that team than Buffalo is. Miami has a smiilar problem (especially now that KC appears to be gearing its offense in a similar manner to Miami).

Now the good news for Buffalo and Miami is that its 1 and done. Weird things happen in single-game elimination.

But man, in a 7 game series you're really drawing dead if you are built like your opponent and your opponent is just better at it than you are. You're not gonna steal 4 games. You MIGHT steal 2. But you're still going home.

This was a death matchup for LA the moment it was set. I just didn't see a reasonable path through it for them.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:43 PM Yesterday
The Suns are a complete disaster.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:15 PM Yesterday
The Suns are a complete disaster.

Sucks that they lost to the Jazz eh?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:44 AM Today
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Sucks that they lost to the Jazz eh?
That Jazz team won a round too. Jokic up next, so that’s all it’s gonna be.
[Reply]
Page 88 of 88
« First < 38788485868788
Up