Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins
FAX 09:26 PM 02-12-2020
Is a baller.

That's it. That's the thread.

FAX
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:59 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
We need him healthy for the playoffs. He's been our best WR for 2 years in the playoffs.
He's not as good as Hill, he'll just rape your face if you double Hill (smart) and leave him singled up (dumb)

Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He’s not worth any amount of money at this point.
Certainly not what he's getting this year. But I'd sure have him back on a Sherman sized contract. And at that point, give him Sherman amount of snaps and unleash him into the playoffs.

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Robinson had roughly the same stats as Watkins this year. :-)
It's not about that. The dude has #1 receiver skills. Dude will rape a CBs pussy if he's singled up.

That's a little different than Robinson.

He's a fucking problem, especially if he isn't available in the playoffs.

But he's not worthless.

Robinson doesn't bring any of that to the table. I haven't looked, but I'm sure his efficiency numbers would bear that out.

Watkins is fucking filthy. If he's available for the playoffs I'm good. If he's not available for the playoffs and really doesn't help us get there, then yeah, fuck him.

But Watkins the athlete is really fucking good.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:03 PM 12-28-2020
Robinson had roughly the same stats as Watkins this year. :-)
Basically a perfect statement for why stats alone hardly tell any kind of complete picture.

But you know that, which is why you keep posting things like "Josh allen>Patrick Mahomes?"
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:09 PM 12-28-2020
Not sure what the free agent market for WRs is this offseason, but I would think a lot of guys would jump at the chance to play with Mahomes and Reid.
There appears to be a lot of decent names in free agency, enough so that I think we could get a decent price on someone. Ideally I'd like to see them get a decent bargain at WR, not only for depth but also so they're not forced to draft a WR early in the draft if the value isn't there. The big money guys in FA are probably going to be Allen Robinson, T.Y. Hilton, Corey Davis, Will Fuller, and Chris Godwin. Guys like Antonio Bryant and maybe Curtis Samuel or JuJu Smith-Schuster could be dark horses for bigger contracts as well, depending on the market.

But I think guys like A.J. Green, Marvin Jones, Willie Snead, Breshad Perriman, Nelson Agholor, Kenny Golladay, Kendrick Bourne, etc. could offer something as an under the radar signing.

Hell, there's enough talent available in FA that I don't see Watkins getting offered much. I don't want to count on him at all, but if you could get him for maybe 2 years $10 million and add a receiver in the 2nd or 3rd you have some decent competition and depth.
[Reply]
Hoover 03:21 PM 12-28-2020
We are so spoiled at skill positions.

I understand why people focus on the stat line, but there is so much more that goes into the offense.

Sammy 37 for 421 and 2TDs
Robinson 39 for 408 and 3TDs
Hardman 39 for 538 and 4TDs

Statlines can look similar, but what each does for the offense is not. Chiefs are more dynamic when Sammy is healthy. All you have to do is watch the Super Bowl to understand why.
[Reply]
Toad 03:23 PM 12-28-2020
So aggravating that he can never stay on the field.

Would be nice to get a young guy with some size and speed to coach up. Wouldn’t take much to replace Sammy’s production.
[Reply]
Hayneplane 03:25 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
There appears to be a lot of decent names in free agency, enough so that I think we could get a decent price on someone. Ideally I'd like to see them get a decent bargain at WR, not only for depth but also so they're not forced to draft a WR early in the draft if the value isn't there. The big money guys in FA are probably going to be Allen Robinson, T.Y. Hilton, Corey Davis, Will Fuller, and Chris Godwin. Guys like Antonio Bryant and maybe Curtis Samuel or JuJu Smith-Schuster could be dark horses for bigger contracts as well, depending on the market.

But I think guys like A.J. Green, Marvin Jones, Willie Snead, Breshad Perriman, Nelson Agholor, Kenny Golladay, Kendrick Bourne, etc. could offer something as an under the radar signing.

Hell, there's enough talent available in FA that I don't see Watkins getting offered much. I don't want to count on him at all, but if you could get him for maybe 2 years $10 million and add a receiver in the 2nd or 3rd you have some decent competition and depth.
If you could get A.J. Green, Golladay, Hilton or Smith-Schuster for similar money to Watkins I would certainly make that move.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:29 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
We are so spoiled at skill positions.

I understand why people focus on the stat line, but there is so much more that goes into the offense.

Sammy 37 for 421 and 2TDs
Robinson 39 for 408 and 3TDs
Hardman 39 for 538 and 4TDs

Statlines can look similar, but what each does for the offense is not. Chiefs are more dynamic when Sammy is healthy. All you have to do is watch the Super Bowl to understand why.
All true, its simply a different and better offense when he's playing

I personally love what he brings, and very much like him as a person as well... in spite of all the flat earth lizard god stuff, he actually comes off as a very genuine and thoughtful guy

But at some point the diminishing returns vs cost outweighs what he brings

Its time to part ways after this season IMO, good as he is the dudes replaceable, and the constant lingering injuries aren't getting any better with the passage of time
[Reply]
milkshock 03:34 PM 12-28-2020
If he comes back for 5m a season I think we do it otherwise go for a Smith Schuster type rather than take a draft gamble - but I guess he would be very expensive ?
[Reply]
Cosmos 03:53 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by milkshock:
If he comes back for 5m a season I think we do it otherwise go for a Smith Schuster type rather than take a draft gamble - but I guess he would be very expensive ?
Or $1M per game....

I’m ready to move on to a player who is just as good, will make just as much money...but will suit up 14-16 games.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:55 PM 12-28-2020
Any thoughts of Mahomes at WR, those are over!!

You got mossed ���� https://t.co/N1OOQgwlnD

— Ty Hill (@cheetah) December 28, 2020

[Reply]
patteeu 06:29 PM 12-28-2020
He matched Robinson and Hardman’s stat lines despite limited regular season availability, but I’d much rather have Sammy than the other two available for the post season.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:37 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Toad:
So aggravating that he can never stay on the field.

Would be nice to get a young guy with some size and speed to coach up. Wouldn’t take much to replace Sammy’s production.
It’s aggravating, but he wouldn’t be a Chief otherwise.

If he were durable with this kind of ability, you have to think he would’ve been locked up for his prime by either the Bills or Rams.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:40 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He’s not worth any amount of money at this point.
I know it seems like that, because the best ability is availability, but the all-22 proves how valuable he really is.

When he is on the field he occupies the defense even when Tyreek and Kelce are doubled, and when paired with Hardman he creates bad decisions for the defense. The balls may not go his way, but he creates space for everyone.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:47 PM 12-28-2020
Golliday is THE MAN !! He is a baller like Sammy
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:09 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
It’s aggravating, but he wouldn’t be a Chief otherwise.

If he were durable with this kind of ability, you have to think he would’ve been locked up for his prime by either the Bills or Rams.
Yup. KC is probably going to have to deal with the occasional player that is talented but has some type of issue in order to afford enough talent.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 30
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Up