ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Celebrating my 50th year as a Chiefs fan.
SAUTO 05:11 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
If he did, you'd apparently die in a car wreck, so I don't think you want that.
What if you'd already survived the wreck?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:28 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
For all of the misery there have certainly been some enjoyable moments. And as a fan I tell myself that all of miserable moments are going to make the greatest moment that much sweeter should it ever happen. I have more hope than ever that the payoff is REALLY going to happen, and that moment cannot get here soon enough.
Buddy, it's our time. Saddle up and get ready to join hands with everyone on CP as we skip blithely into nirvana.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:23 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Buddy, it's our time. Saddle up and get ready to join hands with everyone on CP as we skip blithely into nirvana.
Yeah, I know. But for possible scenarios I don’t even want to bring up the “because Chiefs” factor is still in play. Just as early as the last game the team played last year... it is going to be a concern until it isn’t. I 99% believe that curse is not only going to be broken, but broken this season. Hell, I’m 98% positive we run the table and go 19-0 (-1% because Chiefs and -1% because starters sit at 15-0). So I really am positive, I just know better than to be sure.
[Reply]
Kman34 04:23 PM 08-18-2019
I'm one year younger than you and have most all the same memories... The 71 Christmas game we were at my Grandparents house and couldn't open presents till after the game, listened to it on the radio.. The Derrick Thomas called safety against the Raiders was something I'll never forget... I have a VHS copy of the OT home playoff game against the Steelers.. Tim Barnett caught the ball right in front of the wife and I and we will always have the memory cause we are on the replay right in the front row in the endzone where he caught it...
Also at the playoff game where the defense made the Raiders Todd Marinovich cry on the bench.. Good times...
[Reply]
old_geezer 04:30 PM 08-18-2019
Most memorable moments for me were the first Super Bowl against the Packers and our Super Bowl win over the Vikings, but the 71 Christmas game probably holds the most special place in my memories. I had just returned home from Viet Nam and the whole family was gathered at my brother's house where we all watched the game.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:37 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
Most memorable moments for me were the first Super Bowl against the Packers and our Super Bowl win over the Vikings, but the 71 Christmas game probably holds the most special place in my memories. I had just returned home from Viet Nam and the whole family was gathered at my brother's house where we all watched the game.
My God, even the Chiefs spit on soldiers returning from Vietnam.
[Reply]
old_geezer 04:42 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
My God, even the Chiefs spit on soldiers returning from Vietnam.
:-) Hey, my mom's roast turkey and dressing, potatoes and gravy, and home made cherry pie had me in too good of a mood to let a Chief's loss ruin the moment.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:55 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
:-) Hey, my mom's roast turkey and dressing, potatoes and gravy, and home made cherry pie had me in too good of a mood to let a Chief's loss ruin the moment.
I don’t doubt it. You just survived a war and are home with family for Christmas. A football game isn’t really that important in that moment.

I’ve always struggled remembering what years my dad’s tour was, but I know he has mentioned that game more than once in relation to it and I’m thinking he was in Nam at the time. I could be misremembering and he had just gotten home as well. He was in ‘69-‘70 or ‘70-‘71 I just don’t remember even though I have asked him for clarification on it before. It involves numbers and numbers and I have never gotten along. But whatever it was my old man relates that game to his time in the war as well.
[Reply]
MatriculatingHank 04:36 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
To the best of my memory, I started watching in the 1970 season. It's been a good ride for 49 years. I'm kind of hopeful that Year 50 is going to put a few new highlights onto the list.
Same here. I became a Chiefs fan at 9 years old when the Chiefs won Super Bowl IV.
It's been one crazy ride to say the least. Here's to a Super Bowl win in year 50!!
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:53 PM 08-18-2019
Holy shit, you're old.

Something that hit me last week that should have hit me 10 years ago: I almost certainly have fewer years left than I've lived already.

I thought, "wow, that's depressing" and immediately got back on my ps4.
[Reply]
MahiMike 04:57 PM 08-18-2019
Same for me. I remember watching the Superbowl we won when I was 9 and instantly became a fan.

Let's celebrate at the end of this season in Miami brother!!!
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:09 PM 08-18-2019
Great list. I am about 10 years younger so it all kicks in around Okoye.

I was on my honeymoon at the Raiders game on SNF where we almost literally killed Jeff George. If only I had know that would be the highlight of the marriage.

I can remember exactly where I was when I watched most of your list.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:14 PM 08-18-2019
Nice list. You got a hell of a memory man.
[Reply]
wheeler08 05:21 PM 08-18-2019
That’s awesome. Thanks for taking the time to write that up
[Reply]
Flying High D 06:01 PM 08-18-2019
Nice memories, Oct 12, 2003 Chiefs comeback victory in Green Bay.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up