Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:45 PM 04-29-2020
IBIO is absolutely going to skyrocket.

Originally Posted by :
Trump plans 'Operation Warp Speed' to rush coronavirus vaccine development

WASHINGTON (BLOOMBERG) - The Trump administration is organising an effort to drastically cut the time needed to develop a coronavirus vaccine, with the goal of making enough doses for most Americans by year's end.

Called "Operation Warp Speed," the programme will pull together private pharmaceutical companies, government agencies and the military to try to cut the development time for a vaccine by as much as eight months, according to two people familiar with the matter.

The project's goal is to have 300 million doses of vaccine available by January, according to one administration official. There is no precedent for such rapid development of a vaccine.

[Reply]
lewdog 08:05 AM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It sure is crushing it today!

:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:07 AM 04-30-2020
You just need to wait for news, grasshopper. Patience.
[Reply]
ghak99 08:57 AM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Hope it works out for you man. I really feel for you livestock dudes. Things are horrible in the grains (especially when it refuses to rain). But your situation is a bloodbath.

I’m listening to this WWI book in the tractor and essentially us grain guys are in trench warfare. You all are doing cavalry charges at machine guns.
That's about what it feels like.

The southern feeders kicking the hornet's nest right before the Kung Flu blew up was just terrible timing. They're showing no mercy. When they say "No Bids", it's 100% a "go fuck yourself and eat your steers, we aren't buying them". I've never seen it this cut throat. I caught a tip from a buyer a while back and sent a load of old cows to a sale everyone was expecting a bloodbath at and they sold in the high 70s. Twice what I expected and then I noticed several cull bulls sold for MORE than the current fat quotes. Those motherfuckers were a "no bid" in the country while quietly scavenging for the hamburger we all knew they needed at po dunk sale barns.

If I get out of this turn, I'm afraid my banker has lost his edge and isn't going to let me back in at the same level. I can only cash roll about 1/3 of normal and that isn't enough for me to pencil in better margins on the crop side like I have by walking most of the profit off the place instead of hauling. If the bankers don't let the young guys back in I'm afraid there's going to be a fundamental shift just like there was on the hog side in ~98, which could even cause a change on the local crop/feed supply side as well.

I don't want to push this to DC, but a group has apparently finally got to Trump's ear. I have little faith anything out of DC will actually be a good thing, but I guess we'll see. The worst they can do is fuck up an already broken toy.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:05 AM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by ghak99:

The southern feeders kicking the hornet's nest right before the Kung Flu blew up was just terrible timing. They're showing no mercy. When they say "No Bids", it's 100% a "go fuck yourself and eat your steers, we aren't buying them". I've never seen it this cut throat. I caught a tip from a buyer a while back and sent a load of old cows to a sale everyone was expecting a bloodbath at and they sold in the high 70s. Twice what I expected and then I noticed several cull bulls sold for MORE than the current fat quotes. Those motherfuckers were a "no bid" in the country while quietly scavenging for the hamburger we all knew they needed at po dunk sale barns.

If I get out of this turn, I'm afraid my banker has lost his edge and isn't going to let me back in at the same level. I can only cash roll about 1/3 of normal and that isn't enough for me to pencil in better margins on the crop side like I have by walking most of the profit off the place instead of hauling. If the bankers don't let the young guys back in I'm afraid there's going to be a fundamental shift just like there was on the hog side in ~98, which could even cause a change on the local crop/feed supply side as well.

I don't want to push this to DC, but a group has apparently finally got to Trump's ear. I have little faith anything out of DC will actually be a good thing, but I guess we'll see. The worst they can do is fuck up an already broken toy.
Heard a rumor that the Oligarchy fucked up by shutting down a food processor plant when some workers caught the Rona, then reallocated the workers from that shut down plant to others which in turn spread more Rona cases.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:31 AM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by ghak99:

Good news is your buyer buddy did you a solid.

I don’t know what’s going to happen if cow calf guys have to miss a turn. It would really fuck up the supply hard for a long time. Back in 12 when the hay shortage in the south dudes sold some stock it took 5 years to recover. If wide swaths of dudes sell out, yikes.

The interesting thing about cow calf is that it doesn’t scale well. Feeder operations scale easy. Hell grain scales way better than cow calf. Thing about cow calf is you have to run them over the same number of acres no matter what. You can’t concentrate them anywhere.

Nonetheless here’s to hoping you’re the guy that survives the cavalry charge and some dude writes a book about your diary in 100 years.

I’ll dig my trench a little deeper.
[Reply]
scho63 10:42 AM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
It sure is crushing it today!

:-)
You just need to wait for news, grasshopper. Patience.
Clay, you are the "Cooler" for stocks. :-)

Better than Bill Macy ever could be for gambling.
[Reply]
wutamess 01:59 PM 04-30-2020
Bought 10 AMZN earlier today. Wish me luck in 2 minutes.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:22 PM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by wutamess:
Bought 10 AMZN earlier today. Wish me luck in 2 minutes.
Oh no, they missed EPS. God speed to ya!
[Reply]
RunKC 02:36 PM 04-30-2020
Apple, Microsoft and Paycom all topped earnings estimates. I did not see that coming.
[Reply]
wutamess 03:15 PM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Oh no, they missed EPS. God speed to ya!
Story of my life. I'll hold. They're good for it eventually.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:19 PM 04-30-2020
Story of my life. I'll hold. They're good for it eventually.
Didn't you pull a bunch of money out of stocks as this whole thing hit? That ended up being a good move.
[Reply]
wutamess 03:35 PM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Didn't you pull a bunch of money out of stocks as this whole thing hit? That ended up being a good move.
Yes and no. I managed to lose just 5-8% as of now. Gradually going back in. Problem is, I'm thinking we're due for a pullback soon.

My other problem is this election cycle means Trump will keep the market inflated til November I'm thinking.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:39 PM 04-30-2020
Yes and no. I managed to lose just 5-8% as of now. Gradually going back in. Problem is, I'm thinking we're due for a pullback soon.

My other problem is this election cycle means Trump will keep the market inflated til November I'm thinking.
At risk of DCing this thing up, you realize presidents can't will the stock market to do shit right? If they could it would literally never go down.
[Reply]
wutamess 09:41 PM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
At risk of DCing this thing up, you realize presidents can't will the stock market to do shit right? If they could it would literally never go down.
Just my personal belief. If he does he does, if he doesn't he doesn't. I just think he's going to do everything possible and big business will too.

I feel his re-election is riding on it. Good or bad.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 313 of 934
« First < 213263303309310311312313 314315316317323363413813 > Last »
Up