ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 50
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018-2019 Royals Offseason Repository ***
Coach 09:05 PM 10-29-2018
As the season comes to a close after an awful season, there is a possibility of some hope since the team played better in late August to the end of the season.

Here are all the important dates you need to know for the 2018-19 MLB offseason. Some of them do involve the Royals, such as:

Oct. 29: As of 9 a.m. ET on Monday, all eligible players are free agents (Escobar - good riddance).

Oct. 31: Most contract option decisions are due on this date (Hammel should be declined, resulting $2 million buyout and Peralta should be accepted, resulting $3 million increase to the payroll, and could be future flip for additional minor leaguers if he performs well).

Spoiler!

Nov. 2: Deadline for teams to tender their eligible FA the qualifying offer.

Spoiler!

Nov. 3: Free agency begins.

Nov. 4: Gold Glove winners announced (Gordon & Perez).

Spoiler!

Nov. 6-8: General manager meetings in Carlsbad, California.

Nov. 12: Deadline for free agents to accept or reject the qualifying offer.

Nov. 14-15: Owners meetings in Atlanta (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 20: Deadline for teams to add eligible minor leaguers to the 40-man roster to protect them from the Rule 5 Draft.

Spoiler!

Nov. 26-29: MLB Players Association executive board meeting in Dallas (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 30: Non-tender deadline.

Dec. 9-13: Winter Meetings in Las Vegas. This is typically when all offseason hell breaks loose.

Dec. 13: Rule 5 Draft (could see the Royals taking a stab here).

Jan. 11: Deadline for teams and arbitration-eligible players to submit 2019 salary figures (I believe KC has some arb-eligible players).

Feb. 1-20: Arbitration hearings. You win some, you lose some.

Mid-Feb. : SPRING TRAINING!

As usual, let's have a good off-season discussion on ways that the Royals can/should/would do to improve. I will try to update the OP as the off-season goes along. And Duncan, you're more than welcome to provide us some information that I can add onto the OP. Just let me know.

To see the 2018 Royals thread, go here.
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:55 PM 03-01-2019
RIP 2019
[Reply]
TambaBerry 06:56 PM 03-01-2019
Should have traded him
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:58 PM 03-01-2019
Signing a vet catcher can be worth it if he helps the younger guys handle a staff.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 07:02 PM 03-01-2019
Fuck this news fucking sucks.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 07:07 PM 03-01-2019
Might as well throw Melendez to the wolves :-)
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 10:54 PM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
well, you don't want to ruin the kid if he's not ready.
Doubt he's that fragile. They gave him the September promotion because they were confident he could make the jump. The more important considerations are Lopez, Keller and Fillymyer. If a vet is better for those guys, then so be it.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:57 PM 03-01-2019
I don't think anyone seriously thought we were going to compete this year - but of course it's always possible.

Maybe this is the best, he can avoid one more year of wear and tear then be healthy for a few years when theoretically we can be playoff contenders.
[Reply]
cabletech94 11:58 PM 03-01-2019
i thought this was a joke when i heard it.

god damn it.

we knew it was gonna be a rough year (again). might as well see what ALL the kids have, i suppose.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:31 PM 03-05-2019
Draft note:

Cal 1B Andrew Vaughn is a 1B-only prospect. But he’s clearly the best college bat and is putting up numbers that exceed Pail Goldschmidt and Kris Bryant’s college performances.

If you’re going pure bat in the draft, he’s the best one and it isn’t particularly close.

He has good power, but the real calling cards are his contact skills and plate discipline.

Not a very Royals-y pick because he isn’t an athlete and is carried entirely by his bat. But he’s interesting, and you can make an easy case he’s the best player available.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 12:36 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Draft note:

Cal 1B Andrew Vaughn is a 1B-only prospect. But he’s clearly the best college bat and is putting up numbers that exceed Pail Goldschmidt and Kris Bryant’s college performances.

If you’re going pure bat in the draft, he’s the best one and it isn’t particularly close.

He has good power, but the real calling cards are his contact skills and plate discipline.

Not a very Royals-y pick because he isn’t an athlete and is carried entirely by his bat. But he’s interesting, and you can make an easy case he’s the best player available.
I watched a few videos on him and it may just be the footwork and pre-swing motions, but it reminded me a LOT of Billy Butler.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:10 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Draft note:

Rany tweeted about him yesterday.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 07:10 PM 03-05-2019

The second opinion came back on Salvador Perez. He will have Tommy John surgery tomorrow

— Cody Tapp (@codybtapp) March 6, 2019

[Reply]
Why Not? 12:09 AM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:

Not surprising. The % of second opinions that don’t still result in surgery has to be like 2% or something
[Reply]
lewdog 07:18 AM 03-06-2019
103 loses very likely.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:55 AM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:

Ugh, that sucks...

As much as we love Salvy, I'm starting to get worried about his playing time. I know the knee was a fluke, but these two things happening so close together just sucks...

The good news is he's attacking the problem, and not stringing the team along.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 50
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Up