Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
gold_and_red 10:55 AM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
There's no guarantee of that.
Because Chiefs?
If we don't get past the AFCDG critical changes will happen - QB and maybe OL coach and Sutton. If they don't Reid is the #1 problem with the team.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:57 AM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by gold_and_red:
Because Chiefs?
If we don't get past the AFCDG critical changes will happen - QB and maybe OL coach and Sutton. If they don't Reid is the #1 problem with the team.
When has Reid shown the ability to get rid of the emotion and fire a coach because of performance? Sutton will get a pass because he lost Berry.

I'm sure Hali will be gone but I think DJ is going to have to retire if we want him gone. If he wants to come back....I think the Chiefs will bring him back.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:00 AM 11-07-2017
When has Reid shown the ability to get rid of the emotion and fire a coach because of performance? Sutton will get a pass because he lost Berry.

I'm sure Hali will be gone but I think DJ is going to have to retire if we want him gone. If he wants to come back....I think the Chiefs will bring him back.
Why would we bring him back when he is getting older and playing like s**t? That makes no sense.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:02 AM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Why would we bring him back when he is getting older and playing like s**t? That makes no sense.
He's playing like shit and they won't bench him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:15 AM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
https://omny.fm/shows/the-program/mo...5-50566771fc43
I don't disagree with anything he said.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:15 AM 11-07-2017
Can you blame Petro? There isn't ANY sign of Andy doing what needs to be done. NONE.
This is a huge part of what got him canned in Philly and I don't think it will change.

It looks like Dick Vermeil all over again. Mahomes can be Aaron Rodgers reincarnated and it still won't matter because the defense will be 2003 level of bad.

This last week was Bob Sutton, not the players. If this continues and Andy doesn't fire Sutton, there's no reason to think this franchise will even sniff a SB in the near future.
[Reply]
bricks 11:28 AM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Can you blame Petro? There isn't ANY sign of Andy doing what needs to be done. NONE.
This is a huge part of what got him canned in Philly and I don't think it will change.

It looks like Dick Vermeil all over again. Mahomes can be Aaron Rodgers reincarnated and it still won't matter because the defense will be 2003 level of bad.

This last week was Bob Sutton, not the players. If this continues and Andy doesn't fire Sutton, there's no reason to think this franchise will even sniff a SB in the near future.
Basically the only thing that's getting in the way of us being a SB contender is Andys own arrogance.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:39 AM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Sutton's scheme worked so well because of Eric Berry. 3 man rush means it's usually 8v5 on passing downs. Marcus Peters and Eric Berry locked down the best WR and TE on the field. They are all-pro caliber players that you could leave 1v1.
So with both of them, it's basically 6v3, which gives the defense a significant advantage and the ability for LB's to step back and block the crossing routes taking away the middle of the field. Now that the middle of the field is gone, it makes accuracy even more difficult for the QB.

Now that Eric Berry is gone, its Eric Murray, who absolutely can't play 1v1 with many TE's. So now you have to give him help, making it 5v3, which makes it harder for us.

The best plan now is to jam the WR's on 3rd and long and use a creative blitz to force the QB to make a quick decision.
We had a top 10 defense without Berry a few years ago. Losing him was a big blow. But the scheme isn't totally dependent on him.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:44 AM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
The defense has also been "unlucky" this year. Critical phantom PI calls in two games. A few passes that should have been INT's going right through defenders hands and/or off helmets.

That's not to excuse the D. The pass rush is poor, they can't tackle, can't execute blitzes, Sutton runs the nickle and dime too often and certain players in the secondary shouldn't be on an NFL roster.
I totally agree. On all counts. There are lots of people to blame and Sutton is a big one. But he's being scapegoated big time right now. In order the three biggest reasons our defense has underperformed is defending the 50/50 ball, getting hosed on opi and dpi calls, and struggling to figure out a defense to stop a power offense. Houston rushing the passer and dime against certain offenses are a very distant 4th.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:44 AM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by bricks:
Basically the only thing that's getting in the way of us being a SB contender is Andys own arrogance.
The only reason we are even close to being a SB contender is because of Reid and what he has done since he got here. Lets keep things in perspective. He's a HOF coach
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:50 AM 11-07-2017
What is there to catch on to when he rushes three? He's basically giving the QB all day in the pocket and expecting his defensive backfield to stick with the WRs for more than 3-4 seconds. Rushing three immediately double teams two of your pass rushers. Unless your third pass rusher can continually beat the offensive lineman he's going against....it's ****ing worthless.
But you've also taken away all the crossers, pre snap reads, and check downs. This is a fast strike lead and qbs like Brady and brees who torch defenses on lightning quick reads suddenly have to read defenses. The biggest problem in dime this year against most offenses we've played is not that too many receivers are wide open. It's the alarming number of deep passes where we well contested it and are winning those at a really, really lousy rate. Whether its horrible ball skills, dpi, or uncalled opi. Carr wasn't even reading our defense. He was just chucking the ball up for grabs. That's normally a defensive coach's wet dream for qbs to constantly just chuck up a ton of jump balls. For whatever reason we are not just getting destroyed but flat out annihilated. Take some of those big plays away, create some easy turnovers and all of a sudden the Oakland and Washington and Philly games would have been excellent defensive performances. On top of Denver and San Diego and even Houston wasn't bad.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 11:50 AM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
The only reason we are even close to being a SB contender is because of Reid and what he has done since he got here. Lets keep things in perspective. He's a HOF coach
Reid is frustrating because he has some games where his scheme is great and others where his clock management and play calling sucks. This past week - 9 carries for Hunt and 4 targets for Hill (one of which was uncontested). Robinson seems to have pretty good hands, yet he only had 2 targets.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:55 AM 11-07-2017
1. DJ needs to be benched. He's not going to be here after this year and he's part of the problem this year.

2. Acker needs to back to the bench and Mitchell needs to play. This is horseshit. No way that Acker is better than Mitchell and Mitchell isn't any worse than Acker.

3. Start shadowing the #1 WR with Peters.
[Reply]
gold_and_red 11:56 AM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
But you've also taken away all the crossers, pre snap reads, and check downs. This is a fast strike lead and qbs like Brady and brees who torch defenses on lightning quick reads suddenly have to read defenses. The biggest problem in dime this year against most offenses we've played is not that too many receivers are wide open. It's the alarming number of deep passes where we well contested it and are winning those at a really, really lousy rate. Whether its horrible ball skills, dpi, or uncalled opi. Carr wasn't even reading our defense. He was just chucking the ball up for grabs. That's normally a defensive coach's wet dream for qbs to constantly just chuck up a ton of jump balls. For whatever reason we are not just getting destroyed but flat out annihilated. Take some of those big plays away, create some easy turnovers and all of a sudden the Oakland and Washington and Philly games would have been excellent defensive performances. On top of Denver and San Diego and even Houston wasn't bad.
That is the problem, coaches think it is a player lack of execution issue. Good luck convincing Andy!
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:25 PM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Reid is frustrating because he has some games where his scheme is great and others where his clock management and play calling sucks. This past week - 9 carries for Hunt and 4 targets for Hill (one of which was uncontested). Robinson seems to have pretty good hands, yet he only had 2 targets.
I agree he can be frustrating. He gets too cute at times but overall he is a great coach. I'll take his weaknesses with his strengths any day of the week.

Reid is the least of this teams problems.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 298
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Up