ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 38
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>WTF is with the defense?
petegz28 10:41 PM 11-22-2020
That's 2 games in a row they really didn't do a fucking thing. Carr had all fucking night to throw. Guys are dropping shoulders and not wrapping up. YAC is killing us. Receivers are running wide open.

I will give them some credit in that I thought they stopped the run fairly well against the Raiders.

No pass rush
No tackling
No attitude

WTF?
[Reply]
JakeF 04:26 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Our CBs are nothing special. We simply don't have a lot of talent on D and i think offenses are adjusting. Hopefully our dline can step it up because that is where our talent at least money wise lies.
We are spending 1 million less on defense than we do on offense. Think about that for a second.

How can our defense suck so badly when we are spending 98m on that side of the ball?
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 04:31 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
We are spending 1 million less on defense than we do on offense. Think about that for a second.

How can our defense suck so badly when we are spending 98m on that side of the ball?
Does that count Eric Berry's money? Even if it doesn't count, they're still overpaying for Clark and Hitchens based on the return they're getting. Clark has the highest cap hit on the team.

Assume everyone on defense is playing how they're being paid. You'd have an elite pass rusher and run stopper in Clark and a really good MLB in Hitchens. Already, the defense would be much improved.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:35 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Does that count Eric Berry's money? Even if it doesn't count, they're still overpaying for Clark and Hitchens based on the return they're getting. Clark has the highest cap hit on the team.

Assume everyone on defense is playing how they're being paid. You'd have an elite pass rusher and run stopper in Clark and a really good MLB in Hitchens.
It's only going to get worse. I believe Clark's cap hit the next 3 years is $25, 26, and 27 million (roughly). All that for someone who isn't even a top 20 DE in the NFL.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 04:38 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
It's only going to get worse. I believe Clark's cap hit the next 3 years is $25, 26, and 27 million (roughly). All that for someone who isn't even a top 20 DE in the NFL.
True. Hopefully he can recover from whatever is ailing him.

I should preface what I wrote above by saying it goes both ways. Based on the cap hits for veterans, Kelce should be worse than Hitchens and Watkins should be almost as important as Hill. The salary cap doesn't always tell the story. Sometimes key players get paid less than what you'd assume relative to other players on the roster.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 04:40 PM 11-24-2020
I'd trade Clark after this season...not sure who'd bite given his contract amount, but at very minimum I'd be willing to strongly consider trade offers.

Clark's being paid to rush/sack the QB...and he's just not effective enough in that area considering his salary, not by a long shot. Dude looks slow, lethargic off the snap, can't bend around the edge and is getting pushed out of plays a lot.

Who knows...maybe this is like last season where the defense finally picks it up the last 7-8 games of the season, but I'm just not seeing it this season. Last season was year 1 into Spag's system so at least learning tricks of the trade in a new system could pass off as an excuse.

The defensive unit should be more than comfortable with it at this stage, week 12 in year 2 under Spags, esp the veterans on this team.

No excuses to be this bad.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 04:46 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I'd trade Clark after this season...not sure who'd bite given his contract amount, but at very minimum I'd be willing to strongly consider trade offers.

Clark's being paid to rush/sack the QB...and he's just not effective enough in that area considering his salary, not by a long shot. Dude looks slow, lethargic off the snap, can't bend around the edge and is getting pushed out of plays a lot.

Who knows...maybe this is like last season where the defense finally picks it up the last 7-8 games of the season, but I'm just not seeing it this season. Last season was year 1 into Spag's system so at least learning tricks of the trade in a new system could pass off as an excuse.

The defensive unit should be more than comfortable with it at this stage, week 12 in year 2 under Spags, esp the veterans on this team.

No one is going to trade for him with that contract.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:47 PM 11-24-2020
Frank Clark, Chris Jones and Tyrann Matheiu have not played up to their billing this season.

They’ve all underperformed and straight up disappeared for quite a few games
[Reply]
staylor26 04:47 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Yea Frank Clark, the guy who just had one of the best postseasons for an edge rusher in NFL history, isn’t even a top 20 DE...

Good fucking god you’re beyond fucking stupid.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:48 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:

Our defense is 6th in PPG. JFC this place has gone full fucking retard this week.
[Reply]
JakeF 04:49 PM 11-24-2020

Assume everyone on defense is playing how they're being paid. You'd have an elite pass rusher and run stopper in Clark and a really good MLB in Hitchens. Already, the defense would be much improved.
I assume so, Speaks as well.

We have approx. 10m in dead money on defense. Berry is still counting 8million against us. 1million in dead money on offense. Special teams has a million or so too. 13m total dead money.

Chris Jones also moves up to 21m and Frank Clark up to a 25m cap number.

Next year is the last year of Fisher's contract. :-)
[Reply]
JakeF 04:54 PM 11-24-2020
Trading Clark next year would kill us. It would be like a 13m hit against the cap and 38m in dead money. We just can't do it yet.

2022 is possible
2023 is an easy gone(saves us like 21m against the cap)
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 04:56 PM 11-24-2020

Yes, this is true. They had to learn a new scheme last season and added/subtracted many different players from the 2018 defense. It took them a while to get going.

That said, this defense is ranked 15th in yards allowed in 2020. 8th in passing yards allowed and 26th in rushing yards. Tied for 7th in turnovers.
They're middle of the pack. That's what everyone was asking for in 2018. They don't have the horses on paper to be much better.
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:59 PM 11-24-2020
Frank Clark Chris Jones and Hitchens are well worth the money we paid them they helped win us a Super Bowl and they can help win us more Super Bowls.

Teams are really gunning for the Chiefs that's just the way it is when you are the Champions.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 05:01 PM 11-24-2020
Yes, this is true. They had to learn a new scheme last season and added/subtracted many different players from the 2018 defense. It took them a while to get going.

That said, this defense is ranked 15th in yards allowed in 2020. 8th in passing yards allowed and 26th in rushing yards. Tied for 7th in turnovers.
They're middle of the pack. That's what everyone was asking for in 2018. They don't have the horses on paper to be much better.
Middle of the pack in yard and top ten in points allowed...That means they are gonna have a few bad games during season.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:02 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Frank Clark, Chris Jones and Tyrann Matheiu have not played up to their billing this season.

They’ve all underperformed and straight up disappeared for quite a few games

Come playoffs they will beast out
[Reply]
Page 29 of 38
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Up