ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2062 of 3903
« First < 1062156219622012205220582059206020612062 206320642065206620722112216225623062 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 08:06 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Half a bottle of Pedialyte Advanced Care+ before bed and you're a rock star in the AM.
IV of fluids and Oxygen helps a lot too.

German beer helps, no junk in their beer because of the purity law, 10 litres of beer no hangover. 6 days straight.
[Reply]
Fish 08:08 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I would want to know the real cause of death of my family member and i would be pissed if somebody was trying to profit off their death
As would the insurance providers. Not to mention it is illegal to knowingly falsify cause of death. Coroners aren't paid any differently depending on what cause of death they determine. That extra money would go to the hospital/etc. So one would be risking their career and criminal charges so someone else higher up could potentially make more money?

Funny how we haven't heard from any victims families regarding lying about cause of death for profit.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:08 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Never ending lockdowns, draconian mask requirements... in related news LA County will see businesses flee for more favorable locations.
:-)

Please let us all know which businesses are going to "flee" Los Angeles. Disney? Paramount? Universal? Warner Brothers? Netflix? Google? Are they going to abandon Silicon Beach?

Thanks in advance! I'm sure this information will be very helpful.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:10 PM 05-14-2020
Two weeks... i.e. the standard time-frame for when people are contagious and/or potentially become symptomatic if infected... since Georgia re-opened and every metric... rate of new cases, hospitalizations and deaths have trended downwards.

You seem intent on being irrationally negative without the basis of facts or consistent logic.

Let's talk about facts and logic

New York City went from 11,000 cases a day a month ago to 2,000 a day this week with a decline in percent positive cases without even approaching herd immunity according to their seroprevalence.

Meanwhile, Sweden, who for some reason you've stopped talking about, has eight times the death rate of Norway and 6.7 times the death rate of Finland.

So, if lockdowns don't work, why does New York have such a precipitous decline in their case numbers? And if letting people roam with fewer restrictions doesn't increase caseload, why is Sweden's death toll so much higher than their neighbors?
[Reply]
Monticore 08:11 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
As would the insurance providers. Not to mention it is illegal to knowingly falsify cause of death. Coroners aren't paid any differently depending on what cause of death they determine. That extra money would go to the hospital/etc. So one would be risking their career and criminal charges so someone else higher up could potentially make more money?

Funny how we haven't heard from any victims families regarding lying about cause of death for profit.
Yeah i don't see it .
[Reply]
Fish 08:11 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Well you just sorta made my point. The Coroner in this case seems to be the one with integrity wanting the death to be recorded accurately and he is being ignored and overridden.
Wrong. I posted this in your DC thread too...

I think you might be confused on what's happening. The coroner is the one who determines the official cause of death, and it clearly states that COVID was not on the official death certificate. The coroner is just pointing out that the state added that death to their running total of COVID deaths when they shouldn't have. He's not claiming that the state misclassified the death certificate.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:11 PM 05-14-2020
Two weeks... i.e. the standard time-frame for when people are contagious and/or potentially become symptomatic if infected... since Georgia re-opened and every metric... rate of new cases, hospitalizations and deaths have trended downwards.

You seem intent on being irrationally negative without the basis of facts or consistent logic.
Dude, everything with this virus is 2 weeks. I have long called this "the 2 week virus" because we are always 2 weeks away from whatever it is we want to know or wherever it is we want to go.
[Reply]
eDave 08:12 PM 05-14-2020
Dude, everything with this virus is 2 weeks. I have long called this "the 2 week virus" because we are always 2 weeks away from whatever it is we want to know or wherever it is we want to go.
There are things that reset that clock all the time.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:13 PM 05-14-2020
Of course....

I am not saying you are right or wrong, Hamas but you seem to have one reason or another for anything that appears to be good news to not be good news.
Just now catching on to that?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:13 PM 05-14-2020

I think you might be confused on what's happening. The coroner is the one who determines the official cause of death, and it clearly states that COVID was not on the official death certificate. The coroner is just pointing out that the state added that death to their running total of COVID deaths when they shouldn't have. He's not claiming that the state misclassified the death certificate.
Also, he might want to find better sources than those of a guy with 130 Twitter followers
[Reply]
petegz28 08:15 PM 05-14-2020

Let's read it together, what do you say???

Originally Posted by :
"The person who died did not die from COVID-19, but they did test positive for the virus," the spokesperson said. "The state is reporting that death as a COVID death, but our health department wanted to let people know that even though the person did have the virus, they did not die from it."

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:15 PM 05-14-2020
Again, Dane, I am just making light of the situation. No need to be so serious about it.

And if your point is the Mayor of LA is a douchewad I think I would whole heartedly agree.
pete, you must have forgotten this little caveat from your years playing the comedy club circuit: It's not funny if you have to explain the joke.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:16 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
There are things that reset that clock all the time.
Yep, like when the 2 weeks is up.....
[Reply]
petegz28 08:17 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
pete, you must have forgotten this little caveat from your years playing the comedy club circuit: If you have to explain the joke, it's not funny.
Well you also have to have a sense of humor which is something I think you either never had or lost long ago. Either way it wasn't a joke, it was just a general statement.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:18 PM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Let's talk about facts and logic

New York City went from 11,000 cases a day a month ago to 2,000 a day this week with a decline in percent positive cases without even approaching herd immunity according to their seroprevalence.

Meanwhile, Sweden, who for some reason you've stopped talking about, has eight times the death rate of Norway and 6.7 times the death rate of Finland.

So, if lockdowns don't work, why does New York have such a precipitous decline in their case numbers? And if letting people roam with fewer restrictions doesn't increase caseload, why is Sweden's death toll so much higher than their neighbors?
Yes or no... has Georgia proven the panic/hysteria people such as yourself wrong by showing declines in all key metrics in the two weeks since they re-opened their economy?

Meanwhile, guess which state has shown an increase in the rate of new cases during that same time-frame? The lockdown paradise known as California.

Also over 50% of Sweden’s deaths are in nursing homes... i.e. the same problem that lockdown countries including the US, UK and Italy have experienced.
[Reply]
Page 2062 of 3903
« First < 1062156219622012205220582059206020612062 206320642065206620722112216225623062 > Last »
Up