ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 219
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread****
duncan_idaho 09:14 AM 07-03-2023
Year 4 of the Drinkwitz era, let's discuss.

Schedule
Recruiting Class
Rivals
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:07 AM 08-22-2023
Originally Posted by Jerm:
ESPN did their record predictions today and have Mizzou going 5-7 with a 2-6 conference record….

If that happens, Eli should be left on the tarmac in Fayetteville lol…holy shit…
I'm not really too concerned with ESPNs stupid ass predictions. If they start Brady Cook and this team we're to have that record, then Eli might be on the hot seat. If he starts Horn and he looks pretty good, but we have that record, then it'll be all good. Only way Drink is fired is if we look like Kansas a few years ago.

I've come around to the idea that Drink isn't on the hot seat whatsoever. He was a pretty big reason for the NIL law I believe. He's done too much for the school to get booted so quickly. Like DJLN said, he really hasn't had much of an opportunity for a QB.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:50 AM 08-22-2023
ESPN did their record predictions today and have Mizzou going 5-7 with a 2-6 conference record….

If that happens, Eli should be left on the tarmac in Fayetteville lol…holy shit…
That's possible, but a tad pessimistic, IMO. Probably in the 20th percentile of outcomes.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:51 AM 08-22-2023

Yeah - that should probably get him fired.

But man - I REALLY don't want to blow this recruiting class apart. It could well be the best class in program history. I know that's starting to amount to precisely fuck-all given how quickly/easily these kids can jet. But to go out there and potentially re-set the trajectory of the talent we can bring in here only to possibly drop a grenade into the fishbowl would suuuuuuuuuck.

C'mon Drink - let's get it done this year, man.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:01 AM 08-22-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I'm not really too concerned with ESPNs stupid ass predictions. If they start Brady Cook and this team we're to have that record, then Eli might be on the hot seat. If he starts Horn and he looks pretty good, but we have that record, then it'll be all good. Only way Drink is fired is if we look like Kansas a few years ago.

I've come around to the idea that Drink isn't on the hot seat whatsoever. He was a pretty big reason for the NIL law I believe. He's done too much for the school to get booted so quickly. Like DJLN said, he really hasn't had much of an opportunity for a QB.
Of come the fuck on, you're jus.....

.....wait - what now?

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:15 AM 08-22-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:

Nah. It's been long enough that all of this supposed growth in the program or whatever needs to start actually translating to results on the field.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:40 AM 08-22-2023

If they get 2022 QB play again, it's possible.

Still feeling the floor is 6-6, which I don't think guarantees him another year. And it shouldn't.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:50 AM 08-22-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Of come the **** on, you're jus.....

.....wait - what now?

I can change my stance and have no problem admitting it. Him giving both QBs an opportunity to win the starting job during the first couple of games has really helped. Now if Horn goes out and looks just as good or slightly better and doesn't get the start, then fuckem lol.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:42 PM 08-22-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
If they get 2022 QB play again, it's possible.

Still feeling the floor is 6-6, which I don't think guarantees him another year. And it shouldn't.
Unless they go 5-7 or worse without a shit ton of injuries, I don't think there's a strong argument to fire Drinkwitz other than he needs to actually win moving forward.

2024 should be a make-or-break year given the recruiting classes he's brought/bringing in.

He's done enough to not get fired so far, but he hasn't done anything other than recruit to justify keeping him.

If they don't win 8 or 9 games in 2024, he should be booted.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:23 PM 08-22-2023
We've gone through this. Not making any progress from being in the toilet of the easier SEC Division for the 4th consecutive year is enough reason to make a change.

Gonna be even harder starting next year.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:24 AM 08-31-2023
Really excited for tonight!
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:32 PM 08-31-2023
Brady Cook gets the start per KOMU
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 06:08 PM 08-31-2023
One first down and punt.
[Reply]
crispystl 06:16 PM 08-31-2023
Anyone have a good stream?
[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 06:30 PM 08-31-2023
I like how Peat runs.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:43 PM 08-31-2023
Cook made one decent throw, but everything else is out of the game manager playbook. SEC defenses are too fast for a passing offense based on throws to the flats.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 219
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Up