ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2173 of 3903
« First < 1173167320732123216321692170217121722173 217421752176217721832223227326733173 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:29 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I think his agenda is to educate period, which i have been very grateful for not do i just take what he says as gospel no, i take his info cross reference it with what i know based of what i learned from 24 years of medical experience my wife's 24 years of medical experience my co workers 100s of years of medical experience and decide whether or not it makes sense.

Am I in a better position to understand what hamas says more than somebody without that knowledge , it might depend on the person i guess but odds would be better anyways.
Exactly. Most of us understand what he’s saying. I’m not going to allow him to just bully people around for there perceptions though. All of the facts must be laid out in my opinion. For him to dodge facts is just as dangerous to the public

I tried to get his idea of when he would be comfortable with the research for a vaccine to trust the NNT NNH and Fatality rate %’s enough to get the vaccine himself. He answered all the questions like a politician running for office using his medical terminology to go right over most peoples heads. I’m not oblivious to what he’s saying. The most we could ever get out of him is that this fall would be too early. You would think a pharmacist would be happy to share there input on a timeline needed for a safe vaccine. Most pharmacists I work with have told me they wouldn’t want to see one rushed before next fall so I was wondering if he felt the same way. He can’t just answer in simple terms how he feels about the timeline?

Now he wants to berate people for the flu comparison. When I bring up some data that the comparison has a lot of talking points on he goes out of his way again to dodge the question. You don’t think some of these parents would like to know that the coronavirus is far less dangerous to their kids than the flu at this point? I’m hoping he’s at least reminding this to some of his anxiety driven parents in his area that probably use him for a good medical point reference

I truly appreciate his input to the conversation, but I get sick of seeing him berating everyone else that doesn’t agree with his opinion.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:30 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Wait, he thinks THESE are conspiracy theories? We've found the Lounge's new Taco John.

:-)
:-)

I’m not claiming they’re 100% conspiracy theories, but that’s the problem, there’s so much conflicting information that I honestly don’t know what the fuck to believe any more.

I just think it’s awfully convenient that anything that doesn’t fit his narrative is quickly dismissed but everything that does fit is a fact.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:30 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Seven day trend lines for cases and hospitalizations have both increased in Florida. Look at May 1. Look at it now.

Facts are not your friend in this debate.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:30 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
It is a common reaction to call people smarter than you arrogant.
Just because one is educated in a field does not necessarily make them smarter. Nor does it make them not biased.

Study about the benefits of Hydroxychloroquine that suggests that it may work on COVID-19 if used early and in combination with zinc(?) he puts down. But some of these people have been considered experts, international experts even.
But he promotes the study that was not done correctly and arrogantly predicts that people will knock the study because it wasn't done early enough as though that is not a legitimate knock. The bias is obvious.
[Reply]
Donger 09:31 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Just because one is educated in a field does not necessarily make them smarter. Nor does it make them not biased.

Study about the benefits of Hydroxychloroquine that suggests that it may work on COVID-19 if used early and in combination with zinc(?) he puts down. But some of these people have been considered experts, international experts even.
But he promotes the study that was not done correctly and arrogantly predicts that people will knock the study because it wasn't done early enough as though that is not a legitimate knock. The bias is obvious.
Dr. Vlad is an expert?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:32 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Doom and gloom.

Example:

Florida isn’t as bad as I wanted it to be so I’m going to roll with a conspiracy theory as to why the data doesn’t fit my narrative even though I shut down every conspiracy theory that doesn’t fit my narrative.

I’m not claiming they’re conspiracy theories, but that’s the problem, there’s so much conflicting information that I honestly don’t know what the fuck to believe any more.

I just think it’s awfully convenient that anything that doesn’t fit his narrative is quickly dismissed but everything that does fit is a fact.
Ok.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:33 AM 05-22-2020
Every report that says they’re inflating the numbers is a nutjob conspiracy theory and misinformation, but of course the report that fits your narrative is fact, right?

I’m not claiming to be an expert whatsoever. I can’t just easily tell that you have a narrative and you’re going to stick to it. I’m clearly not the only person that feels this way either.
Well, the inflation of numbers can be checked against mortality data and the state of Florida recently stopped censoring data from medical examiners.

I'm not surprised that some people feel that way. One thing this thread has reinforced is that there are a lot of really stupid people that post on here who think that a Google search from a preferred news site or a few hours of talk radio is equivalent to a medical degree.
[Reply]
Donger 09:33 AM 05-22-2020
Pete ran away, so I'll ask the group:

Masks are being recommended because they have the ability to reduce at least some droplet spread, yes?
[Reply]
Lzen 09:34 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Dr. Vlad is an expert?
Okay, I'll play your game.
Which part of the word some don't you understand?
[Reply]
Spott 09:34 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Exactly. Most of us understand what he’s saying. I’m not going to allow him to just bully people around for there perceptions though. All of the facts must be laid out in my opinion. For him to dodge facts is just as dangerous to the public as laying them out for everyone to see.

I tried to get his idea of when he would be comfortable with the research for a vaccine to trust the NNT NNH and Fatality rate %’s enough to get the vaccine himself. He answered all the questions like a politician running for office using his medical terminology to go right over most peoples heads. I’m not oblivious to what he’s saying. The most we could ever get out of him is that this fall would be too early. You would think a pharmacist would be happy to share there input on a timeline needed for a safe vaccine. Most pharmacists I work with have told me they wouldn’t want to see one rushed before next fall so I was wondering if he felt the same way. He can’t just answer in simple terms how he feels about the timeline?

Now he wants to berate people for the flu comparison. When I bring up some data that the comparison has a lot of talking points on he goes out of his way again to dodge the question. You don’t think some of these parents would like to know that the coronavirus is far less dangerous to their kids than the flu at this point? I’m hoping he’s at least reminding this to some of his anxiety driven parents in his area that probably use him for a good medical point reference

I truly appreciate his input to the conversation, but I get sick of seeing him berating everyone else that doesn’t agree with his opinion.
It’s amazing that all of these “doctors” have nothing but spare time to argue with random people on CP everyday.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:35 AM 05-22-2020

Which study did I promote that was not done correctly?

Which international experts are you talking about?
[Reply]
Donger 09:35 AM 05-22-2020
Okay, I'll play your game.
Which part of the word some don't you understand?
Okay, so not Dr. Vlad. Who then?
[Reply]
staylor26 09:35 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Ok.
I was talking specifically about the claims of one woman.

The other stuff that he was talking about, which I’m saying I’m not calling a conspiracy theory, is not what I was referring to in that original post.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:35 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Pete ran away, so I'll ask the group:

Masks are being recommended because they have the ability to reduce at least some droplet spread, yes?
Yes
[Reply]
Lzen 09:36 AM 05-22-2020
My understanding is that the guy in France was an expert. But then the study was knocked because it wasn't done properly. I think some people just don't want to believe that it is possible simply because Trump promoted it.
[Reply]
Page 2173 of 3903
« First < 1173167320732123216321692170217121722173 217421752176217721832223227326733173 > Last »
Up