« First < 110160200206207208209210 211212213214220260 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
O.city 01:34 PM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by OlineDline:
Watch Gates on that play. He was WAO.
He definitely was. Again though, that's why i'd have drove someone in there from that cover 2 look. Something other than just sitting back and letting them make those plays.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:36 PM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
I know you've gotta keep the clock moving, but on the 3rd down play I'd have liked to see them max protect and just throw one deep to Hill or Benjamin. Maybe they catch it, maybe it's a PI, maybe it's picked.
Eh, that's a pretty easy ask in hindsight, especially when we have a premier pass-catching RB in Williams and the best TE in football. With a touchdown lead and 3 minutes left, it is not the time for "Fuck it, I'm going deeeeeep!"

We have a lot of weapons at our disposal for those 3rd down conversions, Wylie just ate shit. And honestly, he hate it badly enough that I'm not sure any kind of max-protect makes a difference. Keep Williams in to block if you want but Mahomes is still getting moved off his spot. That logic seems flawed to me.
[Reply]
O.city 01:36 PM 12-18-2018
I hated them playing so passive on the first drive when they were up 14. That's when I'd go against conventional shit and play super aggressive. If they beat me, oh well, i'm still ahead.

But a stop or a turnover there and the game should be over.
[Reply]
O.city 01:38 PM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Eh, that's a pretty easy ask in hindsight, especially when we have a premier pass-catching RB in Williams and the best TE in football. With a touchdown lead and 3 minutes left, it is not the time for "**** it, I'm going deeeeeep!"

We have a lot of weapons at our disposal for those 3rd down conversions, Wylie just ate shit. And honestly, he hate it badly enough that I'm not sure any kind of max-protect makes a difference. Keep Williams in to block if you want but Mahomes is still getting moved off his spot. That logic seems flawed to me.
I had pretty much confined myself to the thought that we were gonna have to make a goal line stand or stop a 2 pt conversion to win at that point anyway so you're right.

Fuck, how sad is it that I told my BIL when it was first and goal and the Chiefs up 21-14 with 8 minutes to go in the 4th quarter I'd have kneeled it twice then tried to score twice on 3 and 4th down.
[Reply]
OlineDline 01:38 PM 12-18-2018
He definitely was. Again though, that's why i'd have drove someone in there from that cover 2 look. Something other than just sitting back and letting them make those plays.
And to be clear, I'm not saying (in hindsight) there weren't better options.

I'll also add though that Rivers essentially calls his plays at the line. He's going to essentially audible the routes to what's out there either way.

Personally, it's either straight man and bring everyone, or you play 2 high man.

Knowing that blanket coverage was beatable I'd opt for the former, but my time machine hasn't worked for some time :-)
[Reply]
O.city 01:39 PM 12-18-2018
And to be clear, I'm not saying (in hindsight) there weren't better options.

I'll also add though that Rivers essentially calls his plays at the line. He's going to essentially audible the routes to what's out there either way.

Personally, it's either straight man and bring everyone, or you play 2 high man.

Knowing that blanket coverage was beatable I'd opt for the former, but my time machine hasn't worked for some time :-)
I'm just tired of seeing that kind of shit happen. If I bring 6 and you beat me, fine, I'll live with that.

But sitting back and getting beat just fucking sucks asshole.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:40 PM 12-18-2018
I'll feed 'em nails and make 'em shit lead.

Oklahoma drill EVERY DAY!

Then a steady dose of motivational speeches where I spit a lot and jut out my chin.

But if you give me a couple dead ass lock down DBs I'll have the best defense in the league.
God damn straight. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 01:41 PM 12-18-2018
Eh, that's a pretty easy ask in hindsight, especially when we have a premier pass-catching RB in Williams and the best TE in football. With a touchdown lead and 3 minutes left, it is not the time for "**** it, I'm going deeeeeep!"

I also thought on that last 3rd down, for some reason, I'd run a QB draw right up the middle. Clear everyone out sideways and see if you can slip Pat out the front door
[Reply]
OlineDline 01:42 PM 12-18-2018
I'm just tired of seeing that kind of shit happen. If I bring 6 and you beat me, fine, I'll live with that.

But sitting back and getting beat just ****ing sucks asshole.
No argument.

I'd rather take a kick to the nuts twice daily then coach an NFL secondary.

Fuck that.

Those guys are absolute prison bitches to the BBC of the protected NFL QB/Offense.

It's sad.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:42 PM 12-18-2018
I hated them playing so passive on the first drive when they were up 14. That's when I'd go against conventional shit and play super aggressive. If they beat me, oh well, i'm still ahead.

But a stop or a turnover there and the game should be over.
I hate it that both Andy and Sutton go ultra conservative when they have a lead in the 2nd half and I have no idea why. Is Andy scared of a game changing INT? Is Sutton just trying to run clock by playing prevent?

Everyone thought this would change with Pat, but it hasn’t.

This happened in the Broncos and Cardinals game too. The offense just shuts down and defense is in full on prevent.

It’s not going to change because this is Andy’s plan. He’s so terrified of losing games that it ends up losing the game anyway. He plays not to lose when he should be pushing the envelope.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:43 PM 12-18-2018

But sitting back and getting beat just fucking sucks asshole.
There are rapidly diminishing returns when this team brings 6. There's just not a 6th guy on the field that I think is worth a shit at attacking the passer.

But man...bring 5 more often. Again - ONCE in the 2nd half. One damn time. And that's with a team that presents 4 guys who have been genuinely good at rushing the passer (3 that have been elite).

So you stick Williams or Nnadi in the middle to attract attention and you let Jones, Bailey, Houston and Ford get after it. Again - not every single down, I understand why you can't do that. But I'm dumbfounded by the fact that we only sent more than 4 guys a single time in that half.
[Reply]
OlineDline 01:47 PM 12-18-2018
There are rapidly diminishing returns when this team brings 6. There's just not a 6th guy on the field that I think is worth a shit at attacking the passer.

But man...bring 5 more often. Again - ONCE in the 2nd half. One damn time. And that's with a team that presents 4 guys who have been genuinely good at rushing the passer (3 that have been elite).

So you stick Williams or Nnadi in the middle to attract attention and you let Jones, Bailey, Houston and Ford get after it. Again - not every single down, I understand why you can't do that. But I'm dumbfounded by the fact that we only sent more than 4 guys a single time in that half.
Just curious, where do you get your pass rush numbers stats?

I'm lazy and only have google (with little effect)
[Reply]
srvy 01:57 PM 12-18-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
There's little chance Andy's going to replace Sutton with a DC who demands his side of the ledger get its due. Bob's perfect, he just let's Andy **** the D and sells Bob on Haglund's return saving the world.
Lot of truth to this post. Vermeil was the same Carl couldnt say no to Dick and Lamar had to demand a change in D coordinator or have a riot on his hands.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:00 PM 12-18-2018
Just curious, where do you get your pass rush numbers stats?

I'm lazy and only have google (with little effect)
Craig Stout does a weekly breakdown. He could be full of shit but his track record is stromg.
[Reply]
OlineDline 02:02 PM 12-18-2018
Craig Stout does a weekly breakdown. He could be full of shit but his track record is stromg.
I'll take your word for it.
[Reply]
Page 210 of 298
« First < 110160200206207208209210 211212213214220260 > Last »
Up