ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 63
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Media Center>CBS: Star Trek
keg in kc 03:47 PM 11-02-2015

Originally Posted by :
The Next Chapter of the Legendary “Star Trek” TV Franchise Will Premiere on the CBS Television Network, Then Move to CBS All Access Digital Subscription Service

Alex Kurtzman, Co-Writer and Producer of the Blockbuster Films

“Star Trek” and “Star Trek Into Darkness,” to Executive Produce

CBS Studios International to Distribute the Series Globally

For Television and Multiple Platforms

STUDIO CITY, CALIF. AND NEW YORK, N.Y. – Nov. 2, 2015 – CBS Television Studios announced today it will launch a totally new “Star Trek” television series in January 2017. The new series will blast off with a special preview broadcast on the CBS Television Network. The premiere episode and all subsequent first-run episodes will then be available exclusively in the United States on CBS All Access, the Network’s digital subscription video on demand and live streaming service.

The next chapter of the “Star Trek” franchise will also be distributed concurrently for television and multiple platforms around the world by CBS Studios International.

The new program will be the first original series developed specifically for U.S. audiences for CBS All Access, a cross-platform streaming service that brings viewers thousands of episodes from CBS’s current and past seasons on demand, plus the ability to stream their local CBS Television station live for $5.99 per month. CBS All Access already offers every episode of all previous “Star Trek” television series.

The brand-new “Star Trek” will introduce new characters seeking imaginative new worlds and new civilizations, while exploring the dramatic contemporary themes that have been a signature of the franchise since its inception in 1966.

Alex Kurtzman will serve as executive producer for the new “Star Trek” TV series. Kurtzman co-wrote and produced the blockbuster films “Star Trek” (2009) with Roberto Orci, and “Star Trek Into Darkness” (2013) with Orci and Damon Lindelof. Both films were produced and directed by J.J. Abrams.

The new series will be produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Kurtzman’s Secret Hideout. Kurtzman and Heather Kadin will serve as executive producers. Kurtzman is also an executive producer for the hit CBS television series SCORPION and LIMITLESS, along with Kadin and Orci, and for HAWAII FIVE-0 with Orci.

“Star Trek,” which will celebrate its 50th anniversary in 2016, is one of the most successful entertainment franchises of all time. The original “Star Trek” spawned a dozen feature films and five successful television series. Almost half a century later, the “Star Trek” television series are licensed on a variety of different platforms in more than 190 countries, and the franchise still generates more than a billion social media impressions every month.

Born from the mind of Gene Roddenberry, the original “Star Trek” series debuted on Sept. 8, 1966 and aired for three seasons – a short run that belied the influence it would have for generations. The series also broke new ground in storytelling and cultural mores, providing a progressive look at topics including race relations, global politics and the environment.

“There is no better time to give ‘Star Trek’ fans a new series than on the heels of the original show’s 50th anniversary celebration,” said David Stapf, President, CBS Television Studios. “Everyone here has great respect for this storied franchise, and we’re excited to launch its next television chapter in the creative mind and skilled hands of Alex Kurtzman, someone who knows this world and its audience intimately.”

“This new series will premiere to the national CBS audience, then boldly go where no first-run ‘Star Trek’ series has gone before – directly to its millions of fans through CBS All Access,” said Marc DeBevoise, Executive Vice President/General Manager – CBS Digital Media. “We’ve experienced terrific growth for CBS All Access, expanding the service across affiliates and devices in a very short time. We now have an incredible opportunity to accelerate this growth with the iconic ‘Star Trek,’ and its devoted and passionate fan base, as our first original series.”

“Every day, an episode of the ‘Star Trek’ franchise is seen in almost every country in the world,” said Armando Nuñez, President and CEO, CBS Global Distribution Group. “We can’t wait to introduce ‘Star Trek’s’ next voyage on television to its vast global fan base.”

CBS All Access offers its customers more than 7,500 episodes from the current television season, previous seasons and classic shows on demand nationwide, as well as the ability to stream local CBS stations live in more than 110 markets. Subscribers can use the service online and across devices via CBS.com, the CBS App for iOS, Android and Windows 10, as well as on connected devices such as Apple TV, Android TV, Chromecast, Roku players and Roku TV, with more connected devices to come.

The new television series is not related to the upcoming feature film “Star Trek Beyond,” which is scheduled to be distributed by Paramount Pictures in summer 2016

[Reply]
Nickhead 01:14 AM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I see said the blind man.

I was thinking I was totally retarded because I was sure I heard them say it was on that gay ass service.
as he picked up his hammer and saw. :-)

all i know is having watched the first episode on netflix, they now are suggesting a shit ton of bollyhood fuckery.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:09 PM 09-26-2017
Haven't watched any episodes yet. Might not. I'd probably watch it if not for all the fuckery with this streaming service. They can eat shit, and that's the message I want to send to them.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 12:23 PM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
Haven't watched any episodes yet. Might not. I'd probably watch it if not for all the fuckery with this streaming service. They can eat shit, and that's the message I want to send to them.
Eh - that's the way things are going.

I currently have Cable internet + Hulu Live + Netflix and even if I added CBS All Access, my bill will be still significantly lower than Cable or DirecTV.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:32 PM 09-26-2017
After some thought, I've come to the conclusion that the pilot and possibly the series, are completely unnecessary and in terms of overall quality, shit.

I though that Green was awful. She rushed her lines and didn't portray any emotion. I understand that she was raised Vulcan but I found her performance to be cold. Michelle Yeoh's accent may throw some people off but I found her to be far more believable than Green.

And Klingons, again? They keep changing the back story and I found their language and subtitles to be comical. This is what ignites the war with the Klingons? Blech.

Also, the technology was so far advanced from the TOS and the series that followed that it made it simply ridiculous for me to believe. I think CBS and Paramount would have been better off setting this program in the 26th or 27th century or have it set right after First Contact.

I just can't buy into it.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:14 PM 09-26-2017
In addition to the horrid new look, why do the Klingons talk so slow? They never spoke that slowly in the movies, NG or DS9. The cadence reminded me of how the Apache spoke in Geronimo (and it may well have been accurate, but it was jarring and slowed down that movie also).

And the new Klingon ships look absolutely nothing, and I mean NOTHING, like their previous counterparts. It could be argued that the Federation ships look more like old Klingon vessels, only with a saucer stuck on the front.

At least they're nasty. I guess they got that right.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:24 PM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Eh - that's the way things are going.

I currently have Cable internet + Hulu Live + Netflix and even if I added CBS All Access, my bill will be still significantly lower than Cable or DirecTV.
I have streaming services and cut the cord years ago. I'm not a caveman. I'm just saying the rest of the world is getting this show on netflix, but for the USA, they want us to buy some shit service that basically has one show on it. Fuck them.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:40 PM 09-26-2017
I have streaming services and cut the cord years ago. I'm not a caveman. I'm just saying the rest of the world is getting this show on netflix, but for the USA, they want us to buy some shit service that basically has one show on it. Fuck them.
:-)

Not just one! My wife informed me that Big Brother (some ridiculous brain melting reality show that is unwatchable by any standards) has a live segment that you can watch on the streaming site. Conversation went like this:

Wife: yeah they advertise Big Brother Live on that.

B445: what the fuck is Big Brother live?

Wife: oh you get to watch these morons in the house.

B445: why the hell would anyone watch that?

Wife: no idea.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 03:00 PM 09-26-2017
Ah, well. I understand that.
[Reply]
notorious 03:08 PM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
:-)

Not just one! My wife informed me that Big Brother (some ridiculous brain melting reality show that is unwatchable by any standards) has a live segment that you can watch on the streaming site. Conversation went like this:

Wife: yeah they advertise Big Brother Live on that.

B445: what the **** is Big Brother live?

Wife: oh you get to watch these morons in the house.

B445: why the hell would anyone watch that?

Wife: no idea.
When I walk in the room while my wife is watching reality TV, especially the Tarashians, I walk directly out.

She gets mad, but I ask here what could possibly possess a smart woman to watch complete and utter shit (exact words), she can't answer.

Fuck those shows. It make people dumber and has no redeeming value to anyone.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:04 PM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
When I walk in the room while my wife is watching reality TV, especially the Tarashians, I walk directly out.

She gets mad, but I ask here what could possibly possess a smart woman to watch complete and utter shit (exact words), she can't answer.

I had to literally leave the same floor as my wife was on if she watched the Gilmore Girls. The speech pattern absolutely killed me. And I could tell what it was in seconds - just that hyperactive, high pitch, clipped speech. And then if you started listening to the 'witty banter' it got even worse.

Just an awful, awful show. I could manage to suffer Gray's Anatomy for a couple of years (until she spent like 40 minutes underwater but didn't die and then had a ghost mom episode or something...I dunno, I was done). And I think This is Us is awful but it's background noise awful - I can tune it out and read or cook or something.

But Gilmore Girls....lord god almighty I couldn't be in the vicinity of it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:20 PM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:

Mine just shuts it off.

She's not too bad though. She watches Big Brother which is by far the worst. It is truly horrible. Then she does Bachelor and Dancing with the Stars.

I really think she hates Bachelor/Bachelorette. One day I needed to talk to her about whatever. So I asked her WTF is going on. She then proceeds to go through like 10 guys that fill some "role" and when they would be eliminated. I looked at her with this look :-) and her response was "I know. It's retarded."

But I'm with DJLN I can't be around Big Brother.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:57 PM 09-27-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
After some thought, I've come to the conclusion that the pilot and possibly the series, are completely unnecessary and in terms of overall quality, shit.

I though that Green was awful. She rushed her lines and didn't portray any emotion. I understand that she was raised Vulcan but I found her performance to be cold. Michelle Yeoh's accent may throw some people off but I found her to be far more believable than Green.

And Klingons, again? They keep changing the back story and I found their language and subtitles to be comical. This is what ignites the war with the Klingons? Blech.

Also, the technology was so far advanced from the TOS and the series that followed that it made it simply ridiculous for me to believe. I think CBS and Paramount would have been better off setting this program in the 26th or 27th century or have it set right after First Contact.

I just can't buy into it.
I'm already bored and uninterested in the setting of this series in terms of the timeline. Grateful that it's in the prime universe, but it may as well be in the JJ Abrams universe with the technology anachronisms. At least they TRIED to talk about how limited the technology was in Enterprise. Here I can't tell if it's the 23rd century or the 24th century.

Prequels suck. They don't explore strange new worlds or seek out new life and new civilizations. They're basically there to make money. That's about it.

I think it DOES shed some light on why CBS was so pissed off about Axanar, though. Axanar was doing shit they wanted to do (the pre-Kirk Klingon War). Wouldn't surprise me if they completely lifted sections and plot ideas from that Prelude to Axanar video. If this happens it will remind me a bit of when the creator of Babylon 5 went to Paramount with the mapped out Babylon universe, they said no to his show idea, but then created DS9 instead which ripped off enormous segments of that Babylon script. Granted, DS9 is infinitely better than Babylon 5, but it's still kind of shady.
[Reply]
unlurking 05:30 AM 09-28-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
...Granted, DS9 is infinitely better than Babylon 5, but it's still kind of shady.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:11 AM 09-29-2017
Is this the second episode trailer?

[Reply]
notorious 01:49 PM 09-29-2017
That's the season trailer.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 63
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up