ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 284 of 324
« First < 184234274280281282283284 285286287288294 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:12 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
And ftr no, I dont agree with all of its conclusions... give Spags a D line like he had with the NYG, and a lotta people would be changing their tune
Yeah but you accidentally made the point on why Spags is shit. HE DOESN'T have that D-Line and his inability to adjust accordingly is worthy of being fired.

Face it,

Unless Spags has HoF worthy Pass Rush he has been shiiiiiiit to above average. He has NEVER been considered a great D-Coordinator and never will be.

We cannot settle on things that affect game play. We need to find a new DC.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:17 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Yeah but you accidentally made the point on why Spags is shit. HE DOESN'T have that D-Line and his inability to adjust accordingly is worthy of being fired.

Face it,

Unless Spags has HoF worthy Pass Rush he has been shiiiiiiit to above average. He has NEVER been considered a great D-Coordinator and never will be.

My money says you'll be disappointed in 2023

Veach is gonna revamp the D line and roll with Spags again I bet
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:03 PM 12-15-2022

Face it,

What adjustment exactly would you like him to make?
[Reply]
staylor26 02:10 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Pull a Micah Parsons out of his ass, duh!
[Reply]
the steam 02:11 PM 12-15-2022

Face it,

It doesn't matter who the DC is. We have Patty. If the D gives up 30 he'll get 35. If the D gives up 40 he'll get us 42. As long as Patty gets the ball with any time on the clock we win
[Reply]
O.city 02:16 PM 12-15-2022
You aren't going to have a good defense in today's NFL without a really good DL.

49ers
Eagles
Denver
etc

It's not a secondary league anymore.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:24 PM 12-15-2022
I’ve been pleased with the defense. They’ve absolutely been good enough. And that’s saying something for a young ass defense.

They did more than their fair share to win the Bills game. Same with the Colts loss. The offense lost those games.

They struggled against Herbert and Burrow. Shocker! They got scored on by elite QB’s. Wow. Hey remember when we scored 40+ on an elite Niners defense?

Even in the Bengals game the defense gave the offense every opportunity to win and they literally fumbled it away.

All 3 of our losses came because the offense couldn’t close out the game.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:26 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
You aren't going to have a good defense in today's NFL without a really good DL.

49ers
Eagles
Denver
etc

It's not a secondary league anymore.
It's a pass-happy league and will be for the foreseeable future, but a good secondary is irrelevant? Weird.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:58 PM 12-15-2022
I'd like to see him stick with whats working more often than not. I'd also like to see more Man-Zone concepts.

We are doing a good job in the middle, but outside we are leaving our rookies in too many one/one concepts.

I would also like to see him use Bolton/Gay much more in the green dog play style.

But I'd also like to see him let McDuffy shadow the #1 all game long.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:07 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’ve been pleased with the defense. They’ve absolutely been good enough. And that’s saying something for a young ass defense.

They did more than their fair share to win the Bills game. Same with the Colts loss. The offense lost those games.

They struggled against Herbert and Burrow. Shocker! They got scored on by elite QB’s. Wow. Hey remember when we scored 40+ on an elite Niners defense?

Even in the Bengals game the defense gave the offense every opportunity to win and they literally fumbled it away.

All 3 of our losses came because the offense couldn’t close out the game.
This idea that we can't expect a better defensive effort than what we saw in Cincinnati is ridiculous. Plenty of defenses have done much better against them, including the week before and the week after. It's okay to say that it wasn't good. That doesn't mean that the defense sucks. Just means they did a poor job that day. People keep pointing out that they "only" scored 27. Yeah....on 7 possessions. That's 3.85 points per drive. That's higher than the MFing 07 Patriots. Let's say they had as many possessions as the Broncos had on Sunday. They'd have scored 50 at that rate. Even with the drop on a wide open TD and the failed 4th down conversion near the goal line. And the penalty that led to their only punt of the day. Incredible that people are sugarcoating that turd of a performance.
[Reply]
O.city 03:13 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
It's a pass-happy league and will be for the foreseeable future, but a good secondary is irrelevant? Weird.
It's too tough to play physical back there.
[Reply]
tredadda 03:22 PM 12-15-2022
Sorry, but I read this article this morning and thought it was a bunch of horseshit.

If Clark had been Seahawks Clark instead of Crohns/whatever Clark, we wouldn't be having half of these conversations.

We've been handcuffed to an extremely expensive JAG for three years.

Edge rushers under like 250-255 at a minimum are called 3-4 OLB'ers. Now, if you want to argue that a 3-4 base is a better idea than a 4-3, that's an entirely different argument.

There are fair criticisms; I think Spags is perhaps too loyal sometimes to individual players (Sorensen's and whatnot). I think sometimes in the past his coverage schemes were perhaps too complicated - although I think he's deliberately been less so this year with so many rookies and new players.

But this idea that the game has passed him by is stupid. Fangio is a fucking dinosaur running cover two and cover four-which are literally like 1960's schemes and it's all the rage in the NFL-as long as you can rush the passer with 4. If you can't, then you'd best not even TRY to run it.

This is why I am less critical of the trade for Clark. We traded for and paid the Seahawks Clark. No way of knowing he would fall this far this fast. Had KC known this his contract would have most likely been structured differently. I still think they make the trade as he was huge in KC winning the SB and as the old saying goes “Flags fly forever”.
[Reply]
tredadda 03:23 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Other than to call it interesting, that piece was submitted without comment... so chill out, gang

And ftr no, I dont agree with all of its conclusions... give Spags a D line like he had with the NYG, and a lotta people would be changing their tune
Lots of glamour positions in the NFL, but at the end of the day more games are won and lost based off of line play than any other area (even possibly QB).
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:28 PM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Saying the Chiefs defense has been in “steady decline” is hillarious. How can anyone watch this from last year and think for one second that this years defense isn’t much better?

Frankly, I'm not sure how someone can say this defense is playing better than last year at this time. Let alone much better.

Last year at this time, they had just finished three straight games of allowing exactly NINE points. One vs a Cowboys offense that was ranked at the top of the league, and another vs a solid Raiders offense. Their points allowed over the second half of the season was at or near the top of the NFL. Yet the fanbase declared it a shit defense for allowing a big 4th quarter by the Bills, and for giving up points vs the Chargers and Bengals on the road.

When the defense gets shredded this year, we hear "duh, that's what happens when you play good offenses!"

Go figure.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:29 PM 12-15-2022
FIRE THE DC WHO WEVE MADE IT TO THE LAST 4 AFC TITLE GAMES WITH
[Reply]
Page 284 of 324
« First < 184234274280281282283284 285286287288294 > Last »
Up