ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Busted ankle and Opioids
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:04 PM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by dwwataz:
They actually started me on Tylenol 3, then 4, before being bumped to hydrocodone 5, 7.5, and ultimately the 10s. Even though the opiate dosage is higher in the hydrocodone, I felt substantially more lethargic on the codeine
There's a chance you could be an ultra-rapid metabolizer of CYP 2D6. Codeine is a prodrug that is in converted to morphine. A small subset of the population has more of those specific enzymes than others. If so, a "normal" dose of codeine can actually be much higher for the person in question.

This is why codeine is not given to children anymore.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:49 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
They actually started me on Tylenol 3, then 4, before being bumped to hydrocodone 5, 7.5, and ultimately the 10s. Even though the opiate dosage is higher in the hydrocodone, I felt substantially more lethargic on the codeine
Back in the 80s and 90s they used to give that shit out like candy. It was like a reward for going to the doctor.

I remember being like 10 and and I was having a little allergy issue, nothing big, like a scratch in my throat. My mom goes "sounds like you need some cough syrup" and called the HMO up "yes, my son is in need of an expectorant, yeah...something with Codeine...thanks."

And she went picked up this GIANT bottle of syzzurp. Without me ever seeing or even talking to the doctor. Huge. Tall boy. And I'm like, "why is my mom drinking my cough syrup?"

About an hour later and a couple decent swigs of my own, I was cleaning my room and listening to Led Zeppelin I on cassette (remember those?) and all the sudden, this overwhelming urge to lay down came over me...and as I was laying in bed, listening to Zep and staring at the posters of GNR, Mötley Crüe, and The Black Crowes on my wall (pre-grunge era), I realized exactly why my mom was drinking my cough syrup - because it was DELICIOUS.
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 07:05 PM 05-08-2020
I only took Opioids once about 5 years ago just before I when to bed. I spent the next four hours with major hiccups.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:07 PM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
I only took Opioids once about 5 years ago just before I when to bed. I spent the next four hours with major hiccups.

[Reply]
htismaqe 12:23 PM 03-15-2019
By the way, I know a lot of people that struggle with either opioids, heroin, or both. They are quite prevalent around here. And I've never indulged once. If I get a script, they almost always go unused. As soon as the pain is gone, I don't want them anymore.

But Adderall? Give me a month supply and it will be gone in a week. Everybody is different.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:04 PM 03-15-2019
I get no more pain relief from oxy or hydrocodone than I do a couple of Advil.

Only painkillers I can recall getting a strong pain relief from is fentanyl.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:08 PM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by penguinz:

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Can't wait until I can buy 500 oxys in a bottle at Costco for $7 since they're essentially ibuprofen.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:44 PM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Can't wait until I can buy 500 oxys in a bottle at Costco for $7 since they're essentially ibuprofen.
Your and idiot. Do you not understand that different drugs effect people differently? My body processes pain killers way too effectively. I have had more than one surgeries that was just a local and they had to give me significantly more to prevent pain than they normally administer.

So go fuck yourself.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:04 PM 03-15-2019
Your and idiot. Do you not understand that different drugs effect people differently? My body processes pain killers way too effectively. I have had more than one surgeries that was just a local and they had to give me significantly more to prevent pain than they normally administer.

So go fuck yourself.
Local anesthetics work by blocking nerve transmission and bypass first pass metabolism. How your body processes painkillers has no bearing on how a local affects you.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:26 AM 03-17-2019

I can honestly say the same thing.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:33 AM 03-17-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
I can honestly say the same thing.
Pablo and Hamas say we are full of shit so we must be wrong. :-)

When I had my Achilles repaired my Doc was amazed I had not only used one of my oxy’s and Din not want/need a refill. Only reason I even used that one was because when I woke up at 3am when the nerve block wore off it was on the table within reach.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:41 AM 03-17-2019
Pablo and Hamas say we are full of shit so we must be wrong. :-)

When I had my Achilles repaired my Doc was amazed I had not only used one of my oxy’s and Din not want/need a refill. Only reason I even used that one was because when I woke up at 3am when the nerve block wore off it was on the table within reach.
I was not referring to how opiates affected you at all. Go back and read my post again before throwing shade.
[Reply]
Holladay 08:47 PM 03-16-2019
down to 2-3 pills a day. If I just sat in my recliner all day would just 1.

1 week under my belt and better each day:-)

BTW crutches suck.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 09:11 PM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by Holladay:
down to 2-3 pills a day. If I just sat in my recliner all day would just 1.

1 week under my belt and better each day:-)

BTW crutches suck.
How long are you on crutches? I broke my ankle at 13 and was on them 4-6 weeks. They definitely suck the more active you are... I remember my armpits being on fire after walking around school all day (San Diego. Outdoor school)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:39 AM 03-17-2019
Crutches suck. Get a knee scooter if you are going out. You may look stupid, but crutches suck. Taught 6-8 weeks on one.

Insurance will pay for it.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up