ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 339 of 383
« First < 239289329335336337338339 340341342343349 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 10:55 AM 12-11-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
If I only accomplish one thing here, its to prop up Revolution's barrel program to where it belongs.

X.O. Lynott's - Single Barrel - 14.3%
This final Heaven Hill Bourbon barrel of OG Jamo-nilla base has spent five years in our stacks. Rich, silky chocolate notes erupt through a lattice of caramel and American oak.

Sanctuary #12 - Double Barrel X.O.D. - Single Barrel - 17.1%
A pair of leaky Four Roses Bourbon Deth's Tar barrels were combined to fill a single Heaven Hill Bourbon barrel before aging an additional four years. After roughly five years of aging it's emerged with equally heady measures of rich chocolate, American oak, and alcohol.

Heading to beer heads in Chicago and they apparently have a giant tap takeover of revolution beers. I've only ever had supermassive death and regular straight jacket. Any suggestions for one of the seemingly endless amount of straight jacket variants or death?
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:44 AM 12-11-2021
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Just had a can last night! V.S.O.R 2019. It was outstanding.
Definitely one of their best and is getting released next month :-)

Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
Heading to beer heads in Chicago and they apparently have a giant tap takeover of revolution beers. I've only ever had supermassive death and regular straight jacket. Any suggestions for one of the seemingly endless amount of straight jacket variants or death?
Without seeing the tap list, I'll just give my random thoughts starting with the 2021 releases.

Barleywines:
SJ is fire this year, one of the best that I can remember
Blackberry Finn is great, especially if you like fruited barleys
Ryeway to Heaven is fantastic as always
Maple Jacket is VERY sweet. Good but ideal in the 4-6 ouce range

Deths:
Regular Deth is very good this year, directly compares to regular BCBS
Cafe Deth is one of the best years I can remember (its the base for Supermassive, so not as much in your face coffee)
Deth by Raspberries, honestly did not love this. Any and all barrel presence is overwhelmed by the tart of the raspberry.
Vanilla Deth, solid vanilla BA stout but don't expect it pastry style. Its much more traditional and balanced than a beetus stout. I personally don't love it but appreciate the traditional approach.
Dark Mode, technically not a Deth, but a solid BA milk stout. Nothing special and nothing to complain about.

Past releases:
If you see anything with VS, just order it (VSOJ, VSOR, VSOD). These are (very)special blends of SJ, Ryeway, and Deth. There are also some double barrel variants of these out there and all are great (DBVSOD).
Thundertaker would be another must order if available.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:09 PM 12-11-2021
Finally tried Utopias World Wide Stout.... and at $10/12oz, it's pretty good, but the price point is terrible. :-)

Reminds me of a thinner BCS. I haven't had the regular stuff in a while, but wish I had bought both because I have better memories of the regular.

I'd rather pay $200 for Utopias than $10 for this beer.
[Reply]
kstater 10:41 PM 12-14-2021
Trying Cherries Jubilale for first time….really good.
[Reply]
frozenchief 01:23 AM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
This Founder's Backwoods Bastard...Ho-Lee Shit. Tastes like Four Roses mixed with a strong dark ale and smells like scotch. 11.2%, I have a buzz from one. Drank it pretty fast but damn I feel like a lightweight!
I know your post is 4years old but I recently found this beer and I agree that it is spectacular, so I searched in this thread to see if someone has posted about it. If you haven’t had it, you should seek it out. Wouldn’t want to drink on after mowing the lawn or a long hike or spending a sunny day kayaking, but I find them particularly wonderful on cold, dark winter nights, like tonight. Give them a few minutes to open up and they are spectacular.
[Reply]
scho63 08:31 AM 12-15-2021
If I only accomplish one thing here, its to prop up Revolution's barrel program to where it belongs.

X.O. Lynott's - Single Barrel - 14.3%
This final Heaven Hill Bourbon barrel of OG Jamo-nilla base has spent five years in our stacks. Rich, silky chocolate notes erupt through a lattice of caramel and American oak.

Sanctuary #12 - Double Barrel X.O.D. - Single Barrel - 17.1%
A pair of leaky Four Roses Bourbon Deth's Tar barrels were combined to fill a single Heaven Hill Bourbon barrel before aging an additional four years. After roughly five years of aging it's emerged with equally heady measures of rich chocolate, American oak, and alcohol.

Is is beer with a lot of alcohol or is it alcohol with a lot of beer? :-)
[Reply]
TimBone 12:39 PM 12-15-2021
So, I stopped chasing BCS a couple years ago, just because of the price point, and I'm not huge on BA Stouts like some of yall. However, I stumbled across a few of this year's bottles in Whole Foods on Saturday. I grabbed a couple bottles of the Cola variant, because it's usually the more gimmicky variants that catch my attention.

Interested to try it. Maybe this weekend. Or maybe when the Chiefs beat the absolute dogshit out of the Chargers tomorrow night.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:33 PM 12-15-2021
So, I stopped chasing BCS a couple years ago, just because of the price point, and I'm not huge on BA Stouts like some of yall. However, I stumbled across a few of this year's bottles in Whole Foods on Saturday. I grabbed a couple bottles of the Cola variant, because it's usually the more gimmicky variants that catch my attention.

Interested to try it. Maybe this weekend. Or maybe when the Chiefs beat the absolute dogshit out of the Chargers tomorrow night.
Cola was really good... not sure I'd rank it terribly high on past variants, but then again my top 10 would probably mostly consist of different coffee years/variants)... I didn't really pick up on the whiskey cola vibe that some did, but would drink it again.

I'm thinking about a few side-by-sides for the holiday weekends to hopefully help justify the high prices of rarer bottles. :-)

Only have one regular, but maybe something like Blanton's vs. Original, Cherry Wood vs. Double Barrel Toasted Barrel... and Proprietor’s would probably stand alone for the strawberry.

Be on the lookout for Bearcat's 50 Beers to Try Before You Die Holiday Shit Post Extravaganza!
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:15 PM 12-18-2021
Mikerphone/Bottle Logic collab

Straight beetus homie

[Reply]
TimBone 12:32 PM 12-18-2021

Straight beetus homie

Look at you out in the burbs visiting Mikerphone.
[Reply]
scho63 12:36 PM 12-18-2021

Straight beetus homie

That looks fantastic! Cost per bottle? How hard to get?
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:38 PM 12-18-2021
Look at you out in the burbs visiting Mikerphone.
Saturday at 11am when they open is the way to go. Only 40 minutes each way.

Off to power nap as a result though.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:51 PM 12-18-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
That looks fantastic! Cost per bottle? How hard to get?
It was around $30 a bottle.

Within the context of hyper local, sought after beers it was fairly easy to grab. Want to say it was up for online purchase for close to 24 hours before selling out. That said, its aged in rum barrels that previously held maple syrup. So a barrel that aged rum, then was dumped and filled with maple syrup, then dumped and filled with this beer. Rum barrel aged beers aren't as in demand as bourbon barrels so that likely contributed to a lower demand.

The beer on the left was aged 17 months in Elijah Craig barrels.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:51 PM 12-18-2021

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Bearcat 12:54 PM 12-18-2021
It was around $30 a bottle.

Within the context of hyper local, sought after beers it was fairly easy to grab. Want to say it was up for online purchase for close to 24 hours before selling out. That said, its aged in rum barrels that previously held maple syrup. So a barrel that aged rum, then was dumped and filled with maple syrup, then dumped and filled with this beer. Rum barrel aged beers aren't as in demand as bourbon barrels so that likely contributed to a lower demand.

The beer on the left was aged 17 months in Elijah Craig barrels.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Page 339 of 383
« First < 239289329335336337338339 340341342343349 > Last »
Up