ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 504 of 3903
« First < 4404454494500501502503504 50550650750851455460410041504 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
jjjayb 11:43 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Where did the governor of Cali get that number from? 1/2 of Cali could eventually be infected? Isn’t that like 25 million people?
Straight out of his ass.
[Reply]
jdubya 11:44 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Depending on where I was, I'd probably rather stay put. Most countries seem to be controlling this better than us at the moment.
Who is controlling it better than us? I’d rather be here, you go ahead to Italy or France or China if you want lol
[Reply]
jjjayb 11:44 PM 03-19-2020
Depending on where I was, I'd probably rather stay put. Most countries seem to be controlling this better than us at the moment.
Seriously? Wow. We have 43 cases per million people.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:50 PM 03-19-2020
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...infection.html

If anyone needs a little more motivation to stay inside.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:51 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
Seriously? Wow.
Of course seriously.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
[Reply]
jjjayb 11:54 PM 03-19-2020
Of course seriously.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
Now look at how many cases per million people. Hint. It's on the far right. South Korea, the one that's doing so great. The gold standard. They have 169 cases per million people. We have 43.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:58 PM 03-19-2020
Frank Clark had it mid season that he lost 30 pounds.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:59 PM 03-19-2020
Australia can’t get the millennials off the beach either

No enforcement for international arrivals at the airport
No enforcement on our streets
No enforcement on our ports
No enforcement on our beaches

Look at other countries who are further down the COVID19 path than Australia - we need Police/Army to step inhttps://t.co/7NbJgxLUqP

— Mel (@goingblindagain) March 20, 2020

[Reply]
suzzer99 12:01 AM 03-20-2020
Now look at how many cases per million people. Hint. It's on the far right. South Korea, the one that's doing so great. The gold standard. They have 169 cases per million people. We have 43.
Do you not read this thread? Every other first-world country is testing many times more than us. Nobody has any idea how many cases we have because we aren't testing.

NYC hospitals are about to be overrun - which would make us the 3rd country to have that happen. Not great Bob.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:08 AM 03-20-2020
I thought suicide was a huge problem now. People got guns and lack of sunlight all month long with no job.
[Reply]
jjjayb 12:08 AM 03-20-2020
Do you not read this thread? Every other first-world country is testing many times more than us. Nobody has any idea how many cases we have because we aren't testing.

NYC hospitals are about to be overrun - which would make us the 3rd country to have that happen. Not great Bob.
Have you looked at the deaths per million? We are managing this better than most. We have a country of almost 350 million people and 217 deaths. Perspective Suzzer. Don't let the hysteria get the best of you.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:23 AM 03-20-2020
Have you looked at the deaths per million? We are managing this better than most. We have a country of almost 350 million people and 217 deaths. Perspective Suzzer. Don't let the hysteria get the best of you.
You're really not reading this thread at all. It's not where we're at right now, it's where we're headed. The math looks very bad for us right now. We wouldn't be destroying our economy if it didn't.
[Reply]
kcxiv 12:28 AM 03-20-2020
They can also test more people. the US was stuck in mud for a while.
[Reply]
kcxiv 12:37 AM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Where did the governor of Cali get that number from? 1/2 of Cali could eventually be infected? Isn’t that like 25 million people?
I know some folks arent from California, but there is alot to do in California that involves being around people, you have, theme parks. Disneyland, 6 Flags, Knotts Berry Farm, Universal Studio's, Great American, 4 NBA teams, 5 MLB teams, 3 NHL teams, Numerous beaches and water parks, Minor league baseball teams all over, that doesnt even count the night life in California. There is a WHOLE bunch of Social interaction here, We have concert Venues up the fucking ass here. State fairs, county fairs. They take all that into consideration which is why everything is shut the fuck down right now. So yeah, if they didnt shut it all down, that many i could easily see getting effected.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:48 AM 03-20-2020
You're really not reading this thread at all. It's not where we're at right now, it's where we're headed. The math looks very bad for us right now. We wouldn't be destroying our economy if it didn't.
We had 5K cases today. Putting aside how much of that is backlogged tests let’s assume it’s accurate for today. By next weekend we’ll be seeing 20,000 cases per day and the weekend after that around 40,000 per day — unless they can slow the transmission by keeping everyone behind closed doors. At 40,000 new cases per day, if the same averages other countries are experiencing are also experienced here, that would be around 4,000 hospitalizations daily and hundreds of deaths (if not thousands). Boom goes the health care system.

Again, this is all just math at this point and it is math that we’ve already experienced. The infections here are not the same as China or S Korea. If social distancing works you’ll slow that doubling down considerably over time but when I was out to pick up mail earlier there were still restaurants open in the valley and people hanging out at a lounge next to it. It just doesn’t seem to sink in with some how dire this can become and how fast it can get here.

Really hope the math is proven wrong and/or that closing everything down works.
[Reply]
Page 504 of 3903
« First < 4404454494500501502503504 50550650750851455460410041504 > Last »
Up