ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 3903
« First < 7891011 1213141521611115111011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
007 02:32 PM 02-29-2020
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
what's a mask gonna do if someone infected sneezes and your eyes aren't covered? :-)
Welders mask can take care of it
[Reply]
tk13 02:46 PM 02-29-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
No one can time the market but I took out a big chunk on the theory that if the market is going to freak out over 500 cases in northern Italy, what is it going to do when there are 500 cases in Manhattan. If the incubation period can be two weeks and you can spread it asymptomatically then this thing is out and its going to be everywhere soon. I doubt the mortality rate is as high as they say given the fact that they don’t have clear numbers on who is infected, but the news and the threat of news is going to keep the markets depressed until something happens to give investors hope that new negative news won’t fall out of the blue. That’s my $.02 and I certainly could be wrong.
I agree with you and I'm someone who thinks people are a bit hysterical about this and not thinking about how common the typical flu is. It's very possible the death rate isn't as high as reported because people with minor symptoms haven't come forward.

Still, you have a highly contagious disease with no cure, even if there aren't any quarantines people aren't going to be rushing out to jump on planes or go to restaurants or ballgames. Then you think about how easily it could be spread through a factory or distribution center and knock out a chunk of a workforce. If this thing gets going here you'd think there are pretty high odds it's going to put a dent in the economy.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:54 PM 02-29-2020
Originally Posted by 007:
Welders mask can take care of it
"hey mister, I gotta tell you, I'm not really a welder".
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:01 PM 02-29-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
I agree with you and I'm someone who thinks people are a bit hysterical about this and not thinking about how common the typical flu is. It's very possible the death rate isn't as high as reported because people with minor symptoms haven't come forward.

Still, you have a highly contagious disease with no cure, even if there aren't any quarantines people aren't going to be rushing out to jump on planes or go to restaurants or ballgames. Then you think about how easily it could be spread through a factory or distribution center and knock out a chunk of a workforce. If this thing gets going here you'd think there are pretty high odds it's going to put a dent in the economy.

I told my guy to buy buy buy when people go nuts remain calm & steal their money.
[Reply]
jjjayb 03:59 PM 02-29-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Trump just called the virus a democratic hoax
You're an idiot. The media feeds off of people like you. Here's the actual quote. He didn't say the virus is a hoax. He said the democrats politicization of corona virus and his handling of it is their newest hoax.

Originally Posted by :
Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus. You know that, right? Coronavirus. They’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs, you see. ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ ‘Oh, not good, not good.’ (Laughter) They have no clue, they don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa! (Laughter) .They can’t even count. No, they can’t. They can’t count their votes!

One of my people came up to me and said “Mr. President they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia. That didn’t work out too well, they couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax–that was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’ve been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost, it’s all turning. Think of it, think of it. And this is their new hoax.”

But you know, we did something that’s been pretty amazing. We have fifteen people in this massive country. And because of the fact that we went early, we went early, we coulda had a lot more than that. We’re doing great. Our country is doing so great. We are so unified. We are so unified. (Loud cheers.)

[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:22 PM 02-29-2020
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
You're an idiot. The media feeds off of people like you. Here's the actual quote. He didn't say the virus is a hoax. He said the democrats politicization of corona virus and his handling of it is their newest hoax.
You can’t say others are an idiot when in the same quote he says “we did a good job”. It’s not over. Whether the President did a good job or not is still to be decided.

This is just starting. It’s like a hurricane. Maybe your as prepared as you can be but presidents are judged on how well they handle the aftermath and recovery. And they really get no wide spread kudo’s if it goes well. They just get hammered if it goes bad. It is what it is.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:37 PM 02-29-2020
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
Iowa, literally, wasn’t a counting error.
[Reply]
Bwana 05:43 PM 02-29-2020
Just out of curiosity, I went to Amazon and looked at N95 masks to check prices. I had bought 60 of them last year, for various household projects. I probably still have 50 of them. There is some serious price gouging going on. Last fall I paid 21.50 for 20 of them. The same masks on there now are $89.98.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:57 PM 02-29-2020
Just out of curiosity, I went to Amazon and looked at N95 masks to check prices. I had bought 60 of them last year, for various household projects. I probably still have 50 of them. There is some serious price gouging going on. Last fall I paid 21.50 for 20 of them. The same masks on there now are $89.98.
I’m sure they are a Chinese company but Amazon isn’t. Price gouging is illegal even online isn’t it? Or is that a state by state thing or has to be officially declared?
[Reply]
Donger 05:58 PM 02-29-2020
https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/28/2...ing-face-masks
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:21 PM 02-29-2020

The main source of virus spreading will be contaminating ourselves by the constant facepalms from stupidity! pic.twitter.com/khgp98gxnJ

— BevMarie (@evenbev) February 28, 2020

[Reply]
crazycoffey 06:49 PM 02-29-2020
Is it time to start killing zombies? Asking for a friend
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:53 PM 02-29-2020

Made in China?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:12 PM 02-29-2020
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
Is it time to start killing zombies? Asking for a friend
I think this may be more of a silver bullet situation.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:13 PM 02-29-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Made in China?
all face masks and most medical supplies used in hospitals are made in China.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 3903
« First < 7891011 1213141521611115111011 > Last »
Up