ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 109 of 3903
« First < 95999105106107108109 1101111121131191592096091109 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:10 AM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
11 of the patients who died at Kirkland LifeCare before they could be taken to the hospital still haven't been tested. This could be happening in other places as well.
and 1,000 other people could have it and never get tested and recover. It's going to end up being sub 1% world wide. Wait and see.........
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 10:11 AM 03-11-2020
So it's finally getting real out here. Big businesses working from home. Cryotherapy guy had client call in and said he had it but wanted to know if it was alright to come down for a treatment. He said the guy seemed like he was in a really good mood which he found strange. Of course he said hell no. They keep closing more schools. Riordan was the latest. Kid on the wrestling team had it. The coach there is my sons wrestling coach. He is on quarantine for 14 days testing negative. The dojo is closed until further notice. Wouldn't it be crazy if I was the first one to get it on this BB? I think it's just a matter of time until almost all of us get it.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:11 AM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Which is why I didn't mention them.

They're doing the exact opposite of us - massive testing, massive education effort. We're still sending mixed messages that it's contained or just like the flu. We're treating it like Italy did.
regardless of how they are containing it I'm talking about mortality rate. Should we shut up old people in spaces? Sure... Go for it.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 10:12 AM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
and 1,000 other people could have it and never get tested and recover. It's going to end up being sub 1% world wide. Wait and see.........
Unless somebody feels their life is in danger why would you go down to contagion central? I agree.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:12 AM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
So it's finally getting real out here. Big businesses working from home. Cryotherapy guy had client call in and said he had it but wanted to know if it was alright to come down for a treatment. He said the guy seemed like he was in a really good mood which he found strange. Of course he said hell no. They keep closing more schools. Riordan was the latest. Kid on the wrestling team had it. The coach there is my sons wrestling coach. He is on quarantine for 14 days testing negative. The dojo is closed until further notice. Wouldn't it be crazy if I was the first one to get it on this BB? I think it's just a matter of time until almost all of us get it.
It will become a seasonal thing. Thanks China
[Reply]
penguinz 10:13 AM 03-11-2020
Holy shit........ Donger I need some crayons for you.

If yesterday there was 26 Deaths and 800 Confirmed the mortality rate would be 3.25%

Today there is 29 deaths and 1050 confirmed giving you a mortality rate of 2.76%

Hence its dropping.............
That is not how it works. You can only determine mortality rates with numbers that have fully recovered and those who have died. Not total still infected.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 10:15 AM 03-11-2020
It will become a seasonal thing. Thanks China
Fucking China. The media gives them a free pass again.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:16 AM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
That is not how it works. You can only determine mortality rates with numbers that have fully recovered and those who have died. Not total still infected.
No Mortality Rates are determined by Confirmed Cases Vs Deaths. Per CDC/WHO websites
[Reply]
Loneiguana 10:16 AM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Yup, if you are talking about mortality rates, it is technically number dead versus number recovered.
[Reply]
FD 10:17 AM 03-11-2020
To me the way we have not done testing should be a major scandal.

The message from the Trump administration, after a Seattle teen was found to have coronavirus: "Stop testing." https://t.co/iuEdOTQ25u pic.twitter.com/6oMDiHE6NT

— Charles Я. Davis (@charliearchy) March 11, 2020

[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:20 AM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by FD:
To me the way we have not done testing should be a major scandal.

Men are cancelled.

— Charles Я. Davis (@charliearchy)
March 10, 2020

[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:21 AM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Yup, if you are talking about mortality rates, it is technically number dead versus number recovered.
Not based on any formula the WHO and CDC use.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:21 AM 03-11-2020
Its like George Carlin...you know when I wash my hands? When I shit on them.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:24 AM 03-11-2020
Yeah if the real death rate is .5% and only 20% of the US gets it (both low end) - that's still 350k dead in the US and enough to easily overwhelm our ICU beds and ventilators if we don't slow the spread.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:26 AM 03-11-2020
regardless of how they are containing it I'm talking about mortality rate. Should we shut up old people in spaces? Sure... Go for it.
Mortality rates also spike massively when people can't get ICU/ventilator care - as we saw in China and are seeing in Italy.
[Reply]
Page 109 of 3903
« First < 95999105106107108109 1101111121131191592096091109 > Last »
Up