ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 212 of 341
« First < 112162202208209210211212 213214215216222262312 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Frazod 04:45 PM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
SKS is probably my favorite gun to shoot that I own until I finish my AR.
I had a Garand a few years ago. Once the allure of actually owning one wore off, it just became a pain in the ass because of the clips. I sold it and used the proceeds to buy the M1A I have today. Love the platform and the power and the old school feel, but I also love the convenience of magazines. Clips are the 8-tracks of the gun world.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:45 PM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, that's a little pricey for a base model. I'd expect something that went for over a grand to at least have a free float rail.

But you got it, and that's what matters. Congrats.
I think that’s just what you’re going to pay moving forward. At least for the forseeable future.

As long as it isn’t a fiscally irresponsible purchase, I support it.

Vail, YouTube how to take apart and clean/oil it and it will be a reliable unit for you.
[Reply]
bdj23 04:53 PM 07-26-2020
I had a Garand a few years ago. Once the allure of actually owning one wore off, it just became a pain in the ass because of the clips. I sold it and used the proceeds to buy the M1A I have today. Love the platform and the power and the old school feel, but I also love the convenience of magazines. Clips are the 8-tracks of the gun world.
I can see that.. if the shtf I definitely want a mag fed gun.. but if I'm just shooting bowling pins I have no problem loading a clip.

Plus I love the Garand ping. My buddy owns one.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:57 PM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I think that’s just what you’re going to pay moving forward. At least for the forseeable future.

Vail, YouTube how to take apart and clean/oil it and it will be a reliable unit for you.
Glad I've already got mine. I own two ARs. One has an 18" barrel and a scope and is set up to reach out and touch somebody at distance, and the other one has a standard 16" barrel, a red dot and a light and is built for up close and personal. Both have Giessele triggers, free float rails and the appropriate stocks.

Each is set up with exactly what it should have; nothing more, nothing less. I'm done fucking with them.
[Reply]
bdj23 05:08 PM 07-26-2020
https://danieldefense.com/ddm4rv5r-u...09138-047.html

I'm going to pitch this to my wife tonight - help me fight the good fight.
[Reply]
bdj23 05:11 PM 07-26-2020
Jfc even Gucci ARs are sold out what the fuck!
[Reply]
Randallflagg 05:15 PM 07-26-2020
My best friend has an SKS. I hate it. Stripper clips suck.

Yeah, seems like, over the years, I have shot 2-3 (I think) SKS models. Didn't care for them at all - although I hear that they are fairly reliable.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:17 PM 07-26-2020
Glad I've already got mine. I own two ARs. One has an 18" barrel and a scope and is set up to reach out and touch somebody at distance, and the other one has a standard 16" barrel, a red dot and a light and is built for up close and personal. Both have Giessele triggers, free float rails and the appropriate stocks.

Each is set up with exactly what it should have; nothing more, nothing less. I'm done fucking with them.
I’m glad I have one too. If I were to build one it wouldn’t be like that, but its mine.

My nephew got one for his birthday because he just had to have one. Less than a year later he was going to take a bath trading it in on the next latest greatest gun he had to have. So I bought it from him. And I’m glad I did.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 05:18 PM 07-26-2020

The first rifle I had in the Army was an M14. Loved...LOVED that damned rifle. When we transitioned over to the M16 - I wasn't impressed. Then I began humping it through the bush and the mud. I began to like it. :-)

Bought a M1A around 7 years ago and I love to take it to Wyoming to shoot long range. It, My 700 and my AR10 are my favorite "long rangers"....

*Ooops*. Forget to mention the 7mm Mauser - God I love shooting that old girl!
[Reply]
vailpass 10:39 PM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Thanks Buehler, appreciate it.
[Reply]
tatorhog 09:55 AM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
https://danieldefense.com/ddm4rv5r-u...09138-047.html

I'm going to pitch this to my wife tonight - help me fight the good fight.
Daniel makes really nice stuff. I haven't shot mine much, but I definitely like it .
[Reply]
vailpass 02:56 PM 07-27-2020
I'm going to pick up my S&W base model M&P 15 AR tomorrow, saw that they also have this in stock. Thoughts? I can't find anything to tell me if the 5+1 mag capacity is the max I can put on here or if I can go bigger. Anyone have thoughts on 6.8 as opposed to 5.56?

https://www.nwarmory.com/product/dan...product_detail
[Reply]
Frazod 03:14 PM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I'm going to pick up my S&W base model M&P 15 AR tomorrow, saw that they also have this in stock. Thoughts? I can't find anything to tell me if the 5+1 mag capacity is the max I can put on here or if I can go bigger. Anyone have thoughts on 6.8 as opposed to 5.56?

https://www.nwarmory.com/product/dan...product_detail
You can always get bigger magazines. The rifle doesn't dictate the mag size.

I personally have no experience with the 6.8 mm. My main thought is that it will be harder to find ammo for it. Of course, the opposite could be true; since it's not as common as .223, it might not sell out as fast. You should definitely check into that.

Other than that, its a beautiful, and highly functional, rifle. It has an improved stock and free float rail, and doesn't have the carry handle or built in front sight. You're much better off with the end-to-end rail, which will enable you to place an optic and back-up iron sights. And Daniel Defense is an excellent brand. I really didn't care for the other one at all; it was far too overpriced for being a very basic rifle. Ammo issue aside, I definitely prefer this one.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:31 PM 07-27-2020
What about this one?

https://www.nwarmory.com/product/dia...product_detail

Much better price, and it's a .556.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:04 PM 07-27-2020
You can always get bigger magazines. The rifle doesn't dictate the mag size.

I personally have no experience with the 6.8 mm. My main thought is that it will be harder to find ammo for it. Of course, the opposite could be true; since it's not as common as .223, it might not sell out as fast. You should definitely check into that.

Other than that, its a beautiful, and highly functional, rifle. It has an improved stock and free float rail, and doesn't have the carry handle or built in front sight. You're much better off with the end-to-end rail, which will enable you to place an optic and back-up iron sights. And Daniel Defense is an excellent brand. I really didn't care for the other one at all; it was far too overpriced for being a very basic rifle. Ammo issue aside, I definitely prefer this one.
Just the input I needed, thanks man.
[Reply]
Page 212 of 341
« First < 112162202208209210211212 213214215216222262312 > Last »
Up