ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 211 of 341
« First < 111161201207208209210211 212213214215221261311 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Frazod 02:44 PM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I just like my other rifles more (two ARs and a Springfield M1A). My AK is a IO Sporter. It was cheap and feels cheap. Not as accurate as the others. I don't hate it or anything, and I've never had a problem with it, but it's an apocalypse gun, and the apocalypse ain't hit yet.
[Reply]
bdj23 02:45 PM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I probably paid twice what it should cost but I got the 5.56 I wanted. Basic model but I have a buddy who has one and is happy with it. I'll change out some of the furniture with Magpul and put a green dot on it and hopefully it will be a dependable unit.

https://www.nwarmory.com/product/sw-...product_detail
Yikes man, you ain't kidding about paying almost double price.

Unfortunately looks like the build on my AR is gonna top out at almost 1k as well. PSA is still out of uppers and I'm about to cave an buy this CMMG upper from Cheaper Than Dirt.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:48 PM 07-26-2020
"Cheaper Than Dirt." The most ironic name for a retailer ever. :-)
[Reply]
bdj23 02:50 PM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
"Cheaper Than Dirt." The most ironic name for a retailer ever. :-)
It's the only one I can find for under $900 :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 02:55 PM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
It's the only one I can find for under $900 :-)
Have you tried CDNN?

https://www.cdnnsports.com/
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:07 PM 07-26-2020
The underfolder stock is just uncomfortable, and I've ranted about it before.. but it's very picky when it comes to magazines.

I paracord wrapped the stock a month or so ago, haven't fired it since. I hope it will help.
I just like my other rifles more (two ARs and a Springfield M1A). My AK is a IO Sporter. It was cheap and feels cheap. Not as accurate as the others. I don't hate it or anything, and I've never had a problem with it, but it's an apocalypse gun, and the apocalypse ain't hit yet.
Right on, just trying to educate myself here

I’ve never actually shot one, just it’s lesser cousin the SKS... you could shake it and it sounded like a coffee can full of nuts and bolts, but I was still able to get on target easily with it
[Reply]
bdj23 03:14 PM 07-26-2020
I've got an SKS too.. much more enjoyable to shoot than the AK. But I like the 30rd mag aspect of the AK and I don't want to butcher my Norinco to install one.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:23 PM 07-26-2020
Yeah, that's a little pricey for a base model. I'd expect something that went for over a grand to at least have a free float rail.

But you got it, and that's what matters. Congrats.
I tried to find a locally available tactical model that comes with free float rail but no dice. No telling when things will get back to normal so when this one came available I grabbed it. So yeah, you’re right, at least I got one. Now I can figure out what mods are possible on it.
[Reply]
Otter 03:37 PM 07-26-2020
Whoa. Did you get one?
No, I haven't just yet.

I'm trying to get the sales price down to $2k and there's a couple things going on in the back end with firearms I inherited from relatives that have passed away that collect dust I'm trying to put back into circulation into legit firearms dealers that it's going to be about 2 more weeks.

But it will happen along with the ammo needed.

I've painfully researched this rifle and can find nothing bad to say. If you're getting a SHTF weapon don't go bargain hunting. I'll post pics. :-)
[Reply]
vailpass 03:45 PM 07-26-2020
Yikes man, you ain't kidding about paying almost double price.

Unfortunately looks like the build on my AR is gonna top out at almost 1k as well. PSA is still out of uppers and I'm about to cave an buy this CMMG upper from Cheaper Than Dirt.
I know. I took it in the ass with eyes wide open. Now I’m looking forward to picking it up when they open on Tuesday.

You have good luck buying from CTD?
[Reply]
vailpass 03:48 PM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
No, I haven't just yet.

I'm trying to get the sales price down to $2k and there's a couple things going on in the back end with firearms I inherited from relatives that have passed away that collect dust I'm trying to put back into circulation into legit firearms dealers that it's going to be about 2 more weeks.

But it will happen along with the ammo needed.

I've painfully researched this rifle and can find nothing bad to say. If you're getting a SHTF weapon don't go bargain hunting. I'll post pics. :-)
Yeah do post pics when you get it. I’d like to hear about it.
[Reply]
bdj23 04:19 PM 07-26-2020
I know. I took it in the ass with eyes wide open. Now I’m looking forward to picking it up when they open on Tuesday.

You have good luck buying from CTD?
I bought my trigger assembly and butt stock from them. Tbh they have been the fastest shipping out of any gun store during this pandemic shit.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:29 PM 07-26-2020
I bought my trigger assembly and butt stock from them. Tbh they have been the fastest shipping out of any gun store during this pandemic shit.
Good to know, thanks.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:35 PM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Right on, just trying to educate myself here

I’ve never actually shot one, just it’s lesser cousin the SKS... you could shake it and it sounded like a coffee can full of nuts and bolts, but I was still able to get on target easily with it
My best friend has an SKS. I hate it. Stripper clips suck.
[Reply]
bdj23 04:37 PM 07-26-2020
My best friend has an SKS. I hate it. Stripper clips suck.
SKS is probably my favorite gun to shoot that I own until I finish my AR.
[Reply]
Page 211 of 341
« First < 111161201207208209210211 212213214215221261311 > Last »
Up