ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 209 of 341
« First < 109159199205206207208209 210211212213219259309 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
bdj23 02:40 PM 07-23-2020
Are we really living in a world where 9mm is 40+ cents around?
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:42 PM 07-23-2020
40 cents? I’ve already seen 60 cents
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 02:47 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Are we really living in a world where 9mm is 40+ cents around?
Stop buying that cheap shit. Buy good ammo. Some is over $1 a round. Buy the LEO defense ammo. I have been getting that stuff from SGammo for $.65 a round.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Randallflagg 02:56 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I have all the boxes my pistols came with piled up in the den closet. Those stupid locks are still in the boxes.

And I also keep everything loaded/chambered - even the guns in the safe. Nothing quite so useless as an unloaded weapon.

We have a 3 story house. I keep a pistol (sometimes 2) on each floor of the house where only I know where they are. Our kids are grown and out of the house and the grandkids couldn't find them if I gave them $10. My rifles are all kept in a gun safe.

Always ALWAYS loaded. My credo? An unloaded gun is nothing more than a door stop. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 03:20 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
We have a 3 story house. I keep a pistol (sometimes 2) on each floor of the house where only I know where they are. Our kids are grown and out of the house and the grandkids couldn't find them if I gave them $10. My rifles are all kept in a gun safe.

Always ALWAYS loaded. My credo? An unloaded gun is nothing more than a door stop. :-)
Yeah, I keep another Glock downstairs as well. If anybody comes in the front door I can get to it before they get to me. It's not like someone who kicks in your front door will give you a minute to run upstairs.

I normally keep all the rifles locked up, but since this last round of madness actually hit fairly close to me, I've got one of the ARs stashed behind a door.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 03:54 PM 07-23-2020
Yeah...I was reading in my American Rifleman (came today) that, if elected, Biden plans to "Take on the NRA and eviscerate our Second Amendment Rights like no other President in History."

He has vowed to resurrect the disastrous Bill Clinton-era ban on the manufacture and sell of semi-automatic rifles and standard - capacity magazines as well as require every gun owner to register their firearms with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.

According to Biden, gun owners will have only "two options": register your guns or sell them to the government.

Apparently, if that asshole wins - watch the hell out........
[Reply]
LiveSteam 03:57 PM 07-23-2020
Same here. I live in a split entry Ranch with a 1911 upstairs and a 1858 Remington New Army in 44cal in my role top desk in my basement.
[Reply]
bdj23 03:58 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Stop buying that cheap shit. Buy good ammo. Some is over $1 a round. Buy the LEO defense ammo. I have been getting that stuff from SGammo for $.65 a round.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
What, why? I have 200rds of various hollow point ammo then an assortment of random FMJ from various brands.

Why spend twice as much for gucci ammo if you are just target shooting?
[Reply]
LiveSteam 04:11 PM 07-23-2020
Anyone here ever had to use a firearm to protect themselves or their property?
Twice I have used a Remington SPR 220 side X side to stop thieves breaking into my work vehicles.
One punk, Im pretty sure pissed himself.
Like Little Bill says in Unforgiven.
"Its hot aint it"
[Reply]
Randallflagg 04:31 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Twice I have used a Remington SPR 220 side X side to stop thieves breaking into my work vehicles.
"Its hot aint it"

:-)

I live in a fairly secure neighborhood where (I would guess) 95% of the home owners are armed.

I have never had to pull on thieves trying to steal from me - but I have pulled several times on suspects. I've only had to fire a few times in Germany on folks suspected of being USSR operatives. Unfortunately, I did have to drop one who, as it turned out, was an East German operative. Didn't want to, but he left little choice......

Had to do it a bunch when I was in Viet Nam..........
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:42 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
What, why? I have 200rds of various hollow point ammo then an assortment of random FMJ from various brands.

Why spend twice as much for gucci ammo if you are just target shooting?
There are many reasons. Accuracy, reliability and safety, for both your hand gun and you just to name a few.
More consistent loads in each round, better materials that includes better casings and a lot more quality control of the rounds.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 04:48 PM 07-23-2020
"Its hot aint it"

Make sure you are up to date on all laws, just in case you do have to pull the trigger. There are places where you can pay for insurance, gives you access to lawyers that know the state laws for you.

So far I have only had to draw once in the states no shots fired, but I partied pretty heavily during my vacations.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 04:52 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
:-)

I live in a fairly secure neighborhood where (I would guess) 95% of the home owners are armed.

I have never had to pull on thieves trying to steal from me - but I have pulled several times on suspects. I've only had to fire a few times in Germany on folks suspected of being USSR operatives. Unfortunately, I did have to drop one who, as it turned out, was an East German operative. Didn't want to, but he left little choice......

Had to do it a bunch when I was in Viet Nam..........
Our neighborhood used to be like yours. Then 30 years ago Omaha started the Scattered site housing here in Omaha.
I live in a crime ridden shit hole with to many apartments now.
[Reply]
bdj23 05:14 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
There are many reasons. Accuracy, reliability and safety, for both your hand gun and you just to name a few.
More consistent loads in each round, better materials that includes better casings and a lot more quality control of the rounds.
I've never had any real issues with any of the ammo I buy, minus a FTF every few hundred rounds. Although I had a bunch of coupons from Dick's Sporting Goods and (I didn't know at the time) ended up getting 200rds of "remanufactured" 9mm for basically free. Those might be a little different.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:26 PM 07-23-2020
"Its hot aint it"
Once. Somebody entered my apartment when I lived in Albany Park - one of the nastier neighborhoods on the north side of Chicago. I was home alone. Had taken out the trash earlier and not securely shut the back door. I heard somebody rummaging around in the kitchen. Didn't even own a gun at the time, but I knew one of my roommates had one in his bureau. I charged down the hall into his room, grabbed the gun, racked the slide and then went through the back of the apartment room by room. They either ran when they heard me running or when they heard the slide; don't know which. Never saw who it was. That got the ol' blood pumping.

That was easily the most dangerous place I've lived. I can't say I heard shots daily, but at least weekly. There was a running gun battle down the alley one night - three distinct guns being fired. One of them must of got hit, because we heard screaming. I also got mugged coming home from the nearest bar one night, although I was stupid to be staggering drunk and alone at 4:00 in the morning. Another time I got in a fight with a gangbanger at another local bar; after I beat his ass he apparently went home and got his gun and was going to shoot me, but the bouncer was my friend Ernie, who was higher up in the same gang, and wouldn't let him.

The last straw was when they blew some guy's brains out on the sidewalk directly across the street. Happened ten minutes after I got home on a day I worked ten minutes late. We decided to move and go our separate ways after that. Too bad, because the apartment was really nice. But it was in the middle of a shooting gallery.
[Reply]
Page 209 of 341
« First < 109159199205206207208209 210211212213219259309 > Last »
Up