ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 205 of 341
« First < 105155195201202203204205 206207208209215255305 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 03:56 PM 07-13-2020
Be careful of the 320s, Sig has a lawsuit against them over those. Had a pretty serious safety problem, so you will want to look into that. Other than that, having test the military version of them. I don’t really have anything negative about them

EDIT:Check to see if the pistol was manufactured before August of 17, that seems to be the cut off date on the trigger issues. From what I seen in my quick look.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:41 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Those 1911s are pretty. That's a chunk of change you have sitting there, good spot for an insurance rider. What trigger is on that P365?
Just the one that came with it. After shooting it, I determined there was no need to mess with it.

And yeah, that's about $2,400 sitting there, not counting the grips and upgraded mags for the 1911s.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 04:44 PM 07-13-2020
Good intel, thanks. I have a green dot on my VP9 and some days I can ring steel like Hickok45 (ok not really but it feels like it). My HK45 has iron sights and I'm not as good with it. I'm over 50 now so maybe the dot is what I need.
That's one of the things I like about this 320 is the red dot on it.

Indeed. That old fart (Hickok45) is something else. I don't know - I have always looked at a pistol as a close combat weapon. Anything (for me) over 50-75 yards and it's time to switch to a rifle.....That's right, I'm a damned blind old man... :-)
[Reply]
vailpass 04:47 PM 07-14-2020
I didn’t go for the 320 yesterday. I still want it but am going to follow through on my search for an AR first. Not that there are any available right now.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:57 PM 07-14-2020
I didn’t go for the 320 yesterday. I still want it but am going to follow through on my search for an AR first. Not that there are any available right now.
Just keep in mind, you're far more likely to encounter trouble away from home.

And it's kind of hard to conceal an AR.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:57 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Just keep in mind, you're far more likely to encounter trouble away from home.

And it's kind of hard to conceal an AR.
Sound counsel. I’m going to eventually own that gun.

I’ve been shooting handguns with my youngest son (15). We’ve been exploring different ranges and calibers. He’s taken to it like a duck to water. He wants to shoot a long gun so it’s more for him than me, though I get a lot out of the time we spend together on it.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:17 PM 07-15-2020

In June, background checks for firearms were up 136%, compared to a year earlier, according to a firearms industry trade group, with background checks for guns in Georgia tripling and more than doubling in Oklahoma, New York, Illinois and Minnesota https://t.co/DqYNfwJFCm

— The Wall Street Journal (@WSJ) July 14, 2020

Couldn't sign up for beginner class online. Will call tomorrow.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:08 AM 07-16-2020
Well just went in with a buddy on a jig and a router. Now time for some 80% lowers. Are any of them better or worse than others? I notice almost all of the 80 percent .308 stuff is sold out.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:35 AM 07-17-2020
Anyone ever own a Ruger Super Blackhawk?
I have one in the shop for some touch up work on the blueing and notice this single action dose not have a 1st hammer notch you can cock it to and then rotate the cylinder. To rotate the cylinder. You must have the loading gate open.

Is this normal in a Ruger SBH in 44 mag?
Ive owned several single sixes and they all had half cock and full cock. This 44 has no half cock.
PM me please.
Thanks.
[Reply]
Steron 12:07 PM 07-17-2020
I'm looking for recommendations on AR-15 magazines. I had mine built and custom coated a year ago and never really shot it. We had a house fire 4 months later and I had to have it blasted and coated again. I shot a few magazines through it to make sure everything was functional and now it just sits on a gun rack. I have been buying ammo and want to start shooting it with my son (14). I only have one Magpul windowed pmag left. Anyone have any recommendations on cheap reliable mags?
[Reply]
bdj23 12:25 PM 07-17-2020
I really wish PSA would get their shit back in stock
[Reply]
Randallflagg 12:31 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by Steron:
I'm looking for recommendations on AR-15 magazines. I had mine built and custom coated a year ago and never really shot it. We had a house fire 4 months later and I had to have it blasted and coated again. I shot a few magazines through it to make sure everything was functional and now it just sits on a gun rack. I have been buying ammo and want to start shooting it with my son (14). I only have one Magpul windowed pmag left. Anyone have any recommendations on cheap reliable mags?

My preference for mags is Magpul. That's just me. Sure, you pay a few cents more, but (for me) they are highly reliable. :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:33 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Anyone ever own a Ruger Super Blackhawk?
I have one in the shop for some touch up work on the blueing and notice this single action dose not have a 1st hammer notch you can cock it to and then rotate the cylinder. To rotate the cylinder. You must have the loading gate open.

Is this normal in a Ruger SBH in 44 mag?
Ive owned several single sixes and they all had half cock and full cock. This 44 has no half cock.
PM me please.
Thanks.
As I recall, that is normal. For Ruger anyway. Pretty much all single action sixes other than Ruger are colt clones, and so feature the half-cock hammer.

Ruger does have an aftermarket half-cock hammer available now. From what I’ve been told it’s worth getting.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:41 PM 07-17-2020
Have mags dramatically increased in price? What are they, $11? Get mag-puls. If you can find hex-mags try those.

More important than price point is reliability. Some mags won’t feed reliably in your gun. That’s bad juju if you ever really need it to run. Like when some dipstick is breaking into your house.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:57 PM 07-17-2020
Magpul
[Reply]
Page 205 of 341
« First < 105155195201202203204205 206207208209215255305 > Last »
Up