ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 370 of 460
« First < 270320360366367368369370 371372373374380420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
BWillie 12:45 PM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Just an FYI - Tiger Woods and Peyton Manning will take on Phil Mickleson and Tom Brady at 2pm Central on TNT, if anyone is interested.
Go Tiger and Peyton then it is
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:41 AM 05-26-2020
Oh man, these are soooo badass. I'm tempted to order one in red.

https://hole9design.com/collections/...-tribute-cover
[Reply]
Monticore 07:45 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Oh man, these are soooo badass. I'm tempted to order one in red.

https://hole9design.com/collections/...-tribute-cover
Very nice , I really like the red one.

Edit: just ordered the red one , thanks.
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:09 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Very nice , I really like the red one.

Edit: just ordered the red one , thanks.
Yep, I just placed my order as well. They are limited to 25 of each color so I figured I shouldn't hesitate.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:36 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Yep, I just placed my order as well. They are limited to 25 of each color so I figured I shouldn't hesitate.
Easy part was buying it, now trying to decide whether to use it or just display it will be tougher. I have a few Scotty covers laying around I never use.
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:12 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Easy part was buying it, now trying to decide whether to use it or just display it will be tougher. I have a few Scotty covers laying around I never use.
I'll probably just display mine. I may break it out on occasion when playing.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:07 AM 05-26-2020
Got one of these as a fun gift for my son's Bday. It's kind of awesome.

[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:23 AM 05-27-2020
How many guys have their own golf cart? Where I live, The Villages, latest count the population is 127,000 and 75,000 golf carts. You can drive them anywhere in the 40 square miles of The Villages. I have 8 championship 27 hole layouts I can drive to within 20 minutes in my golf cart.

Most everyone here has stickers on their cart, probably Red Sox, Yankees and Steelers are the most common. I do know two guys at the gym that have Chiefs Carts, they're both from Omaha and worked together for 30 years at a school. One was the principal and the other was a science teacher and he hired him in 1980 and they both retired here. Anyway, I know you'll have some good comments. I was born in Baltimore in 1950, so I grew up a Colts fan, but I lived from the 4th grade through age 27 in St. Petersburg, except for 3 years in the Army. I moved back to Baltimore when I was 39 and lived there 20 years until I retired here back in Florida 9 years ago.

So I was in Baltimore when the Ravens started and was actually at the first game in 1996 when they beat the Raiders. My cart I bought new nine years ago, it's a Yamaha gas engine, 6 gallon tank, gets about 40 mpg. It cost new $10,300 with the options of the Ultimate Seats, Black Roof, Cooler, 2 sand bottles, ball and club washer and floor mat. Today it would cost about $15,000 here locally at The Villages Golf Cars, you can shop around and do better buying out of the area.

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:19 AM 05-27-2020
I walk because I'm not a bitch :-) .

Push cart mafia here.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:46 AM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I walk because I'm not a bitch :-) .

Push cart mafia here.
I will cart it when I plan on drinking a few, or some courses that are just a summabitch to walk.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:47 AM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
How many guys have their own golf cart? Where I live, The Villages, latest count the population is 127,000 and 75,000 golf carts. You can drive them anywhere in the 40 square miles of The Villages. I have 8 championship 27 hole layouts I can drive to within 20 minutes in my golf cart.

Most everyone here has stickers on their cart, probably Red Sox, Yankees and Steelers are the most common. I do know two guys at the gym that have Chiefs Carts, they're both from Omaha and worked together for 30 years at a school. One was the principal and the other was a science teacher and he hired him in 1980 and they both retired here. Anyway, I know you'll have some good comments. I was born in Baltimore in 1950, so I grew up a Colts fan, but I lived from the 4th grade through age 27 in St. Petersburg, except for 3 years in the Army. I moved back to Baltimore when I was 39 and lived there 20 years until I retired here back in Florida 9 years ago.

So I was in Baltimore when the Ravens started and was actually at the first game in 1996 when they beat the Raiders. My cart I bought new nine years ago, it's a Yamaha gas engine, 6 gallon tank, gets about 40 mpg. It cost new $10,300 with the options of the Ultimate Seats, Black Roof, Cooler, 2 sand bottles, ball and club washer and floor mat. Today it would cost about $15,000 here locally at The Villages Golf Cars, you can shop around and do better buying out of the area.

Cool ride minus the ravens plate obviously.
[Reply]
srvy 02:29 PM 05-27-2020

So how many instances of DUI's in a golf cart at The Villages?
[Reply]
DeepPurple 03:14 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
So how many instances of DUI's in a golf cart at The Villages?
In normal times, there's probably one a week, of course just like with cars, if stopped everyone they probably give tickets to 50% of the drivers at night, especially when the bands are playing at the 3 squares. There is a live band everyday playing at the 3 squares from 5pm to 9pm. Usually it happens when someone strays off of a cart path onto a busy street and then that cops get involved.

It's almost a bigger problem is speeding. By Florida law a cart cannot go more than 20 mph, or even be capable of going over 20mph. So if you're stopped say for going 25, which my Yamaha is capable of doing, you don't get a speeding ticket, you get an unregistered vehicle ticket. Because of the law, you are no longer driving a golf cart, it's considered a LSV (Low Speed Vehicle) you can buy a golf cart that will do 30, they're classified as a LSV and not a golf cart. You'll need regular car insurance, you need windshield wipers and seat belts and you'll a Florida license plate which is $450 the first time. Not too many buy the LSVs, most people buy regular carts and speed them up and hope not to get caught. They might give out 50 tickets a year for having a fast golf cart, which is about $450.

What I mean about straying onto a busy street. The main north south and east west roads are 4 lane divided and the golf carts travel on their own separate cart paths, we call them MMP (Multi-model paths) because bicycles can also use them.

Over highways, such as SR 44 and soon the Florida Turnpike, they put in bridges.

If you go to a square, we have 3, we drive on the city streets and park head in.

If you have to cross one of the busy Villages streets, we have tunnels, probably a 100 or so.

If you have too much money in your retirement years, you can get a Street Rod, they cost $21,000 to $25,000 new. Street Rods are not just a body on a cart chassis, they're built from the ground up in Montezuma, Iowa.

If you like the Streetrod look, but don't want to speed the money, you can get a Yesteryear cart new for about $13,000 to $15,000. That's the body on the chassis and engine of a Club Cart golf cart.

Most of The Villages is in Sumter County, of the 67 counties in Florida, Sumter had the highest percentage for Donald Trump. The Villages is about 75% republicans. We also have 20,000 military veterans, which I'm one and we have our own VA clinic. There are parades for Trump all the time and every time someone on Fox News writes a book, they come here to our Barnes & Nobles and sign copies. The Fox morning show has been here, they brought Foreigner last year, and Gary Sinese and his band played last year here.

I think this has given everyone a pretty clear picture of retirement life in The Villages and what's it's like. I moved here when I was 61 in 2011 and I'll be 70 in July. We have a Christmas Parade every year. We also have the largest softball league in America, 200 teams and 2500 players on 14 ball diamonds. Everyone stays pretty active, I played softball the first five years I was here.

[Reply]
srvy 05:31 PM 05-27-2020
Very interesting.
[Reply]
scho63 09:40 PM 05-27-2020
Do those old widow bitches still judge the men there by how big and expensive their golf cart's are??? :-)

[Reply]
Page 370 of 460
« First < 270320360366367368369370 371372373374380420 > Last »
Up