ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 325 of 460
« First < 225275315321322323324325 326327328329335375425 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
Jerm 08:35 PM 08-10-2014
Not to mention the insane amount of roll that shot got, looked like a St. Andrews shot.

No one was getting any roll at all and then that...
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:14 PM 08-10-2014
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
It was a dead pull. Watch his reaction to the strike and the swing path. Pulls go a long way. He got an incredible break because he would have been short sided with dense rough. That was the same as the dropped fourth shot he hit into 10 on Thursday, but that one went twenty yards left of the green.
You are a good golf analyst but you are spectacularly wrong here and I just rewatched it - Rory knew it was nails.
[Reply]
O.city 09:33 PM 08-10-2014
A low cut on a soggy course like Valhalla was lucky to run as much as it did.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:58 AM 08-11-2014
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
You are a good golf analyst but you are spectacularly wrong here and I just rewatched it - Rory knew it was nails.
I'm not wrong. If he wanted to hit a runner into the green, he would have played a slinging hook out to the right. A player who hits a high draw must have an inside out swing path. A low shot that starts left and peels right must have a strike from the outside in. It's a matter of physics. He was saved by the gear effect of the club. Besides, the course was soggy enough that. Playing a bleeding low shot into a left hand pin would make no fucking sense. It's the equivalent of trying to hit a 50 yard cut off of 13 tee at Augusta.
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:37 AM 08-11-2014
While that was an extremely entertaining golf tourney, I see nothing special about the golf course. Very plain for any PGA tourney, let alone a major.
[Reply]
philfree 09:14 PM 08-12-2014
I've been having a slight back issue so I've backed off my golf for the last two to three weeks. For better or worse I'm going back at it on Thursday or Friday. I want to take my game to a higher level but that's gonna be hard if I can't hit my position at address. Specially on wedges and awkward lies. You have to be able to "sit" and I was struggling with that.

I've been going crazy with just healing and not going to the course. From my experience in life I known I've done the right thing but I still feel like a wuss.
[Reply]
kstater 12:47 PM 08-16-2014
Kevin Sutherland a par on 18 away from 58 on the Senior Tour. On a par 72 track as well.
[Reply]
kstater 12:58 PM 08-16-2014
Chokes, settles for 59
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:30 PM 08-16-2014
I'm not wrong. If he wanted to hit a runner into the green, he would have played a slinging hook out to the right. A player who hits a high draw must have an inside out swing path. A low shot that starts left and peels right must have a strike from the outside in. It's a matter of physics. He was saved by the gear effect of the club. Besides, the course was soggy enough that. Playing a bleeding low shot into a left hand pin would make no ****ing sense. It's the equivalent of trying to hit a 50 yard cut off of 13 tee at Augusta.
Utter nonsense. Here's the hole map for Valhalla, #10 is middle right. As you can see its a left to right approach and there's no way to play "a slinging hook". That's spectacularly wrong and the map will educate you.

There's only one way to get there in two: hit a 300+ drive to the center or LH side. Then cut it in. Period. And that's exactly what Rory did.
[Reply]
hawkchief 04:49 PM 08-16-2014
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Utter nonsense. Here's the hole map for Valhalla, #10 is middle right. As you can see its a left to right approach and there's no way to play "a slinging hook". That's spectacularly wrong and the map will educate you.

There's only one way to get there in two: hit a 300+ drive to the center or LH side. Then cut it in. Period. And that's exactly what Rory did.
Please quit showing your ignorance. Rory himself said it was a lucky shot in an interview after the round and not how he tried to play it. If you've played serious golf, you could tell when he hit it that he came right over the top and yanked it. It was what we call a "quality miss" - period. Every golfer gets lucky at times, even the pros.
[Reply]
O.city 09:43 PM 09-12-2014
So, I'm two weeks away from the annual guys golf weekend. Heading to Memphis this year, playing Southwind, Colonial, Mirimichi and another I'm not familiar with.

Anyone here have experience with any of said courses?
[Reply]
philfree 08:09 AM 09-27-2014
No Ryder Cup fans? USA is down going into the 4th session. They need to get their act together and bring that Cup home.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:14 AM 09-27-2014
Don't know why Watson wants to use Furyk so much. Guy is one of the worst players in Ryder Cup history. A bunch of pars is worthless in this format.
[Reply]
philfree 08:24 AM 09-27-2014
Don't know why Watson wants to use Furyk so much. Guy is one of the worst players in Ryder Cup history. A bunch of pars is worthless in this format.
Yeah his record isn't good but he's played good golf all year and he does have the experience.
[Reply]
philfree 08:39 AM 09-27-2014
Originally Posted by O.city:
So, I'm two weeks away from the annual guys golf weekend. Heading to Memphis this year, playing Southwind, Colonial, Mirimichi and another I'm not familiar with.
Anyone here have experience with any of said courses?
I've never played in the Memphis area. I'm heading for Hilton Head in a couple weeks to play in a 54 hole tournament. I'm playing at Bear Creek and Hampton Hall. I talked to a guy out there and he said those were the better courses to play. More like country clubs then resorts and they don't get as much play.
[Reply]
Page 325 of 460
« First < 225275315321322323324325 326327328329335375425 > Last »
Up