Page 49 of 58
« First < 394546474849 50515253 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The L'Jarius Sneed Thread*****
Dante84 11:45 AM 04-25-2020
More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 12:25 PM 01-16-2024
We're also about a year away from starting to think about having to pay Karlaftis 100 million aren't we?
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:27 PM 01-16-2024
There's a difference between a guy like Sneed and a guy like Charvarius. I was a big Charvarius guy, thought he was a very solid CB and loved that we fleeced the Cowboys. But Sneed is a heart-and-soul of the defense type of guy. You absolutely sign a guy like that to a second deal, or in my opinion you're going to have some raised eyebrows in the locker room.

I think guys know it's a business and know that getting a third deal when you're paying a franchise QB is going to be a tough task (a la CJ) - but you've got to sign guys who are as good and as tough as Sneed to a second deal. The dude is a stud, and has more than earned the right to keep playing for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:29 PM 01-16-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
We're also about a year away from starting to think about having to pay Karlaftis 100 million aren't we?
That's a great point, I was thinking about that Saturday night. Talk about a guy who's had an under-the-radar incredible season. And never (knock on wood) gets hurt.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:39 PM 01-16-2024
He's 3 years away, 2 more rookie and then an option so that's a long time in football terms.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:40 PM 01-16-2024
:-)

He's only in year 2. He also already told Tiwsted he wants to be a Chief for life. Fucking relax.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:40 PM 01-16-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He's 3 years away, 2 more rookie and then an option so that's a long time in football terms.
Right.

I mean we're one year closer for GK than we are Rice.

I don't have the energy to worry about ALL those guys already.

Nah, we can start to talk about that sort of thing when these guys extension windows open after year 3. But before that, it's just not worth the headache. that's forever in football years.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:41 PM 01-16-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:

He's only in year 2. He already told Tiwsted he wants to be a Chief for life. Fucking relax.
Well so did Chris Jones...
[Reply]
staylor26 12:42 PM 01-16-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Well so did Chris Jones...
True, but Karlaftis just feels like a different kind of dude.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:42 PM 01-16-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Right.

I mean we're one year closer for GK than we are Rice.

I don't have the energy to worry about ALL those guys already.

Nah, we can start to talk about that sort of thing when these guys extension windows open after year 3. But before that, it's just not worth the headache. that's forever in football years.
3 years from now this team will not remotely resemble this one, there may be 10-15 guys that are the same, so it isn't even worth it.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:43 PM 01-16-2024
Oh yeah, forgot about the 5th year since he went in the 1st.

Veach needs to quit drafting all these studs that are lining themselves up for big second deals...

[Reply]
Mecca 12:43 PM 01-16-2024
This is Chris Jones last chance to get paid again, any contract he signs after this one is going to be a serious downgrade in pay due to age.

Perspective changes when it turns to, this is really my last pay day.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:46 PM 01-16-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
This is Chris Jones last chance to get paid again, any contract he signs after this one is going to be a serious downgrade in pay due to age.

Perspective changes when it turns to, this is really my last pay day.
That's all well and good if we offered him $18 million.

We offered him $27.5 and he insisted on $30. I mean, last payday or not, it's pretty clear that 'Chief for Life' wasn't at the top of his list of priorities.
[Reply]
O.city 12:47 PM 01-16-2024
The "chief for life" stuff....yeah, don't really care.

If Karlaftis continues this pace, they'll need to alot 100 million to him after next year I'd imagine. It's a future Chiefs deal for sure, but he's gonna be getting that kind of money I'd imagine.

CP will hate it cause you're all tight asses.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:01 PM 01-16-2024
Should our asses be loose?
[Reply]
tredadda 01:15 PM 01-16-2024
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
I can't see him asking for Warner money, he hasn't made a pro bowl or all pro list. But he'll get a big extension and IMO should.

The run defense was VASTLY different with him out in several games.

He legit could be a multi time pro bowler at mike and knows the defense. You can't just replace those guys that easy.

Sneed
CJ
Bolton

We really need to lock those guys down, get a #2. That's it really.
Bolton isn't perfect, but what he does, he does very well. He has a nose for the ball and does not miss many tackles. Those traits can't be understated.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 58
« First < 394546474849 50515253 > Last »
Up