ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 87 of 151
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Buehler445 09:15 AM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
If this team can hit some outside shots, they can make the final 4. They are having a bad night/day shooting and or Doke gets in foul trouble, a final 4 is not going to happen. Not a lot of room for error.
You can say that about a disproportionately high number of teams this year. There isn't much for dominant teams this year. Moreover, there isn't a ton of physically dominating teams like UK has produced. In fact with McCormack and Doke, that's probably as physically dominating as there is out there.

KU has about as good of a shot as anybody because they can lean hard on defense. Now defense can get overrun if someone gets hot from 3, but I don't see any teams out there running a KU-beater offense like Nova a few years ago.

On the other end though, Baylor looks pretty good. Better than us by my estimation. Not a ton, but they look good. And Drew deserves credit for that. LOL Scott Drew has gifted KU a bunch of games they had no business winning. Dude has put together a different team this year.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:26 AM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
You can say that about a disproportionately high number of teams this year. There isn't much for dominant teams this year. Moreover, there isn't a ton of physically dominating teams like UK has produced. In fact with McCormack and Doke, that's probably as physically dominating as there is out there.

KU has about as good of a shot as anybody because they can lean hard on defense. Now defense can get overrun if someone gets hot from 3, but I don't see any teams out there running a KU-beater offense like Nova a few years ago.

On the other end though, Baylor looks pretty good. Better than us by my estimation. Not a ton, but they look good. And Drew deserves credit for that. LOL Scott Drew has gifted KU a bunch of games they had no business winning. Dude has put together a different team this year.
I can't figure it out. Baylor has always been a good team but never great under Scott Drew. How did he all of a sudden put together a great team? They are even playing man to man defense exclusively? WTF is going on here?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:36 AM 02-18-2020
This is the biggest Big 12 game we’ve had since Graham hit that crazy layup to seal it against Tech on the road a couple years ago. Can’t wait for this one.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:47 AM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I can't figure it out. Baylor has always been a good team but never great under Scott Drew. How did he all of a sudden put together a great team? They are even playing man to man defense exclusively? WTF is going on here?
Hes been gradually learning how to coach defense better in the last 3 to 4 years, and embracing man to man defense instead of zone more and more, especially this year. Thats been the difference. And it looks like they found a diamond in the rough type player in Butler.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:01 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Gosh I figured we could shoot poorly and still win the tourney.
What's funny is that they might be able to.

This team is not reliant on the outside shot. They've won comfortably vs decent teams on nights in which threes weren't falling.

The "KU won't make the final four without staying hot from three" argument is a little ridiculous for this particular team and against this particular field. It made sense for the 2018 team that lived and died by the 3. This team doesn't rely on the three at all. They get to the rim and feed the big guy.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 12:56 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Hes been gradually learning how to coach defense better in the last 3 to 4 years, and embracing man to man defense instead of zone more and more, especially this year. Thats been the difference. And it looks like they found a diamond in the rough type player in Butler.
That Bulter kid is incredible. He's fun to watch.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:24 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Baylor totally owned KU in the 2nd half at Allen. Until we do the same in Waco, they are the better team.
[Reply]
sedated 04:23 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Baylor totally owned KU in the 2nd half at Allen. Until we do the same in Waco, they are the better team.
Eh, the 2nd half was even. Most of the 1st half was even. Baylor just went on an insane run at the end of the 1st half to go up big, and KU couldn't put even a dent in the lead they built (which, credit to Baylor - KU can usually close those leads especially at home)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:41 PM 02-18-2020
Last nite at the Fieldbouse was rockin. Braun was stealing, o-boarding and dishing, and even dunking. Then: stepped into a three top of the key and drained it to the roar of the faithful. He had a shit-eating grin as he stood there, put his arm behind his back as if to grab an arrow, and pretend fired it towards the crowd.

That’s when I knew this mofo is a straight up pimp and I repent Bill for ever doubting you on this kid.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:11 PM 02-18-2020
Last nite at the Fieldbouse was rockin. Braun was stealing, o-boarding and dishing, and even dunking. Then: stepped into a three top of the key and drained it to the roar of the faithful. He had a shit-eating grin as he stood there, put his arm behind his back as if to grab an arrow, and pretend fired it towards the crowd.

That’s when I knew this mofo is a straight up pimp and I repent Bill for ever doubting you on this kid.
I have some unfortunate news PB. His family is a bunch of German immigrants. Sorry to have to tell you. Those god damn yodeling fucks.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 07:20 PM 02-18-2020
I have some unfortunate news PB. His family is a bunch of German immigrants. Sorry to have to tell you. Those god damn yodeling ****s.
Well played.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:52 PM 02-18-2020

He’s the best shooter on the team, plays solid defense and makes very few dumb decisions. He will be a very good one.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:54 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Eh, the 2nd half was even. Most of the 1st half was even. Baylor just went on an insane run at the end of the 1st half to go up big, and KU couldn't put even a dent in the lead they built (which, credit to Baylor - KU can usually close those leads especially at home)
I actually didn’t see this game, but Baylor statistically is really just a worse version of KU. No reason they can’t win the next one.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:31 PM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I actually didn’t see this game, but Baylor statistically is really just a worse version of KU. No reason they can’t win the next one.
Per Kenpom, KU’s offensive and defensive efficiency are both better than Baylor’s. But I’m not sure they have a better offense or even defense. Every time I see Baylor, they just swarm defensively and rarely give up an open look. They have a slew of strong, athletic players with length.

And while KU may have an efficient offense in terms of FG%, they turn it over too much. Particularly for a team that plays a slowish tempo. Baylor seems to never turn it over and they crash they offensive glass, so they don’t need to be that efficient.

I keep trying to convince myself that KU is better, but it’s a hard sell. I do think KU is definitely capable of beating them. Hopefully they come out pissed off and make a statement.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:17 AM 02-19-2020
I have some unfortunate news PB. His family is a bunch of German immigrants. Sorry to have to tell you. Those god damn yodeling ****s.
Then he's pronouncing his own last name incorrectly but we all knew that already.

I mean, he's from the state that pronounces Versailles "ver-sails" sooo
[Reply]
Page 87 of 151
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197137 > Last »
Up