ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 39
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Patriots
TLO 06:36 PM 12-01-2019
The garbage known as the Oakland Raiders have been disposed of. Time for a real opponent.

It's the fucking Patriots.

Patriots open as early 4 point favorites.

Discuss.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:40 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
You guys are taking them way too lightly. Year after year they prove their doubters wrong. I agree with ya'll that their offense looks anemic. But that shit can change in a week. Especially with the Patriots.

When's the last time they've lost two consecutive games?

I'm still counting this as an L, especially if Mahomes doesn't get back on track.
Completely agree...

With that said, CHIEFS BY 10+(!!!!!!)

Chiefs gonna be hittin’ their head on the goal posts all night baby
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:45 PM 12-02-2019
I truly think Sorenson is making a difference in this defense by covering the RBs

It was a team effort in yesterday’s game, so here are the top 5 #Chiefs defender grades vs the Raiders (25+ snaps)

• S Juan Thornhill: 88.6
• DB Tyrann Mathieu: 86.7
• S Daniel Sorensen: 81.5
• DI Chris Jones: 76.5
• CB Charvarius Ward: 71.1#ChiefsKingdom

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) December 2, 2019

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:48 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
The Chiefs running game is their kryptonite. It’s what worries me the most.
We have the RBs to run it is our soft o-line that couldn't rip open a paper bag.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:48 PM 12-02-2019
You guys are taking them way too lightly. Year after year they prove their doubters wrong. I agree with ya'll that their offense looks anemic. But that shit can change in a week. Especially with the Patriots.

I'm still counting this as an L, especially if Mahomes doesn't get back on track.
:-)
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 06:53 PM 12-02-2019

If I remember correctly you also thought the Raiders were some really good team that we should be scared of coming in to Arrowhead (so incredibly wrong on that one). So if you're counting this as an L, I feel pretty good about KC coming out of Foxboro with a W.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:54 PM 12-02-2019

At least for myself, this isn't about taking the Patriots too lightly. Yes, they have the best coach. Yes, they have Brady, and he's still a very good QB. Yes, they still have Edelman, maybe the best slot receiver to ever play. And yes, they have a top-5 secondary (I think that's still true today).

But here's some reality:

They aren't that good against the run. Ranked something like 17th, IIRC. That's been true since the Browns game when they gave up 190 yards to Chubb and one of the worst OLs in football. Even the Cowboys ran on them at will, until they decided to stop running on their own.

Their running game is average. Sony Michel and Burkhead aren't Dalvin Cook and Derrick Henry.

Their OL is a patch-work that's been worse than ours, and it's not getting any better any time soon.

Their receivers are led by Sanu, who's a top WR2, but not a top WR1. Dorsett and the rest of them are nobodies. And Brady hasn't been able to make them better.

Their only real receiving weapon this year has been Edelman and even he's not what he once was.

And if you look at just exactly how the Patriots beat the Chiefs the last two times, it wasn't because of their utter superiority. They won the first game in 2018 because in spite of Maomes giving us the lead twice at the end, Bob's defense completely failed to stop Brady just one time.

And in the second, we lost by a penalty. Or a coin flip, if you prefer. But the offense scored plenty.

So when I look over the Patriots what I see is a team that's a shadow of itself right now. Their only bright spot is that secondary; it's still very good. But their DL can't get pressure on its own. Their LBs are slow. Their running game is below average. And their passing attack is bottom tier. None of that is going to get a lot better without a big injection of talent. Of which there is none available before Sunday.

The Chiefs simply have to play smart football, not get in their own way, and score efficiently to our average, and we win this game.
[Reply]
-King- 06:55 PM 12-02-2019
I still expect them to run early and often.

They were down 14 last night vs Houston and they were still running on 1st and 2nd down.
Yeah they're going to run. Even in the AFCCG, their efficiency running the ball was shit but they still ran the hell out of it. Don't expect that to change.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 07:00 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah they're going to run. Even in the AFCCG, their efficiency running the ball was shit but they still ran the hell out of it. Don't expect that to change.
The fact that they will run the ball a lot should surprise nobody. They don't really have a passing game to speak of. Taking away the screen game and the run game should be priority number one. Dare them to beat you deep, because I don't think they're capable.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:02 PM 12-02-2019
I really think this board reminds me of the movie Memento. No memory other than what we want to believe. I was chastised because I was remarking that the run defense was not very good. I have no idea why the Raiders, or any team with a half way decent running game, would get away from running the ball when it's working. Especially yesterday when the wind was insane.

I know the Patriots are struggling, their WR are not getting open. The Chiefs have the same problem. The real difference, IMO, which means nada, is that the Patriots have better players and possibly better scheme on their defense than the Chiefs.

Maybe I have battered Chiefs fan syndrome. I've been watching since the first AFC/NFC championship game. Patrick Mahomes is a very good QB, the receiving corps on this team really struggles with man coverage. I expect the refs to be very lenient with the Patriots coverage of Kelce and Hill. Who is going to step up and make a play for this offense?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:03 PM 12-02-2019
That's just it though.

The Raiders never got away from running it.

It wasn't really effective for them in complement with a total shit afternoon passing.

You have to throw the ball to beat the Chiefs. Even the Titans, with their glorious 225 yards rushing, had to throw it in the end.

The only game where this wasn't true was the Colts game, because the offense played the worst fucking game ever.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:12 PM 12-02-2019
The Titans game is where I really got the gut punch. The Colts was the other game that really hurt. The Texans game was turned on a very bad call.

I'm not sure how the Chiefs can hide the issues at linebacker. They are slow and if the defensive line doesn't get penetration, teams gain 5-7 yards per play.

I really want to believe... The run defense, and the linebackers in particular, are a real concern to me. I'm hopeful that Clark is going to be able to play this week as well.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 07:40 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I truly think Sorenson is making a difference in this defense by covering the RBs

The problem is if they run against you when you are usi g a DB to mark a rb, it's not great.

I'll admit I didn't follow him much yesterday. I remember him losing track of Jacobs for a long catch but that's it. I suppose that's a good thing.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:48 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

The only game where this wasn't true was the Colts game, because the offense played the worst ****ing game ever.
Cam Erving. Few times in my life had I been so dismayed with a LT.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:52 PM 12-02-2019
I still expect them to run early and often.

They were down 14 last night vs Houston and they were still running on 1st and 2nd down.
Because they’re afraid Brady’s arm is gonna come off!
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:03 PM 12-02-2019
I’d love to see us play Pedelman like we did that game against Dungver where we crushed Welkers soul. Don’t remember the year but I remember him just getting destroyed on every snap.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 39
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up