ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>If you were Elway, wouldn't you just get Josh Rosen?
Chris Meck 01:32 PM 03-21-2019
Hear me out-

Arizona is supposedly all in for Tyler Murray.

They're going to have to trade Rosen. Rosen is kind of the same cocky personality as Big John was.

He was in a totally ****ed situation in Arizona; was the #10 pick last year.

Do you really think ANY of this year's QB's are better? I don't. I'd take him over any of these guys.
[Reply]
In58men 01:33 PM 03-21-2019
Haskins is definitely intriguing.

Don’t count him out.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 01:35 PM 03-21-2019
The Patriots could be interested in Rosen. They have more draft trade capital.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:35 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Hear me out-

Arizona is supposedly all in for Tyler Murray.

They're going to have to trade Rosen. Rosen is kind of the same cocky personality as Big John was.

He was in a totally ****ed situation in Arizona; was the #10 pick last year.

Do you really think ANY of this year's QB's are better? I don't. I'd take him over any of these guys.
I'd take Murray and Lock over Rosen without question.

And I'd do so knowing full well that the floor on both of those guys is in the gutter; they could be little more than mediocre backups.

But Rosen is a guy that needs to be in an ideal situation to remain engaged and effective. I just don't think that's the point in a 'franchise quarterback'. If I need the team to lift you up, what the hell should I be paying heavily to keep you for?

I just don't see a battler there.
[Reply]
O.city 01:36 PM 03-21-2019
I'd take Lock, sit him a year and see what happens.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:38 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Haskins is definitely intriguing.

Don’t count him out.
I put a lot of value in QB athleticism. Not the ability to run fast, but more like agility; stuff that will help out a ton when you're throwing off-platform.

Now if you're Brady or Brees and just a freakish thrower of the football, you don't need it (especially at the stage they are in their careers when they've seen everything there is to see). But for the vast majority of quarterbacks, being a stiff is problematic.

Haskins just doesn't seem very athletic to me at all. Maybe he breaks my mold and turns into a Drew Bledsoe sort of guy but some team's gonna take him a lot higher than I would to find that out.
[Reply]
crispystl 01:40 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd take Lock, sit him a year and see what happens.
Heh I hope that's what they do.
[Reply]
RN47 01:45 PM 03-21-2019
Rosen is hot garbage. He will never amount to anything in the NFL. Blake Bortles > to Josh Rosen.

So having said that- I would giggle like a mental patient if Elway signed him.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:48 PM 03-21-2019
Horseface is definitely going for Lock IMO

Gonna have to battle Miami to do it though
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:49 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd take Murray and Lock over Rosen without question.

And I'd do so knowing full well that the floor on both of those guys is in the gutter; they could be little more than mediocre backups.

But Rosen is a guy that needs to be in an ideal situation to remain engaged and effective. I just don't think that's the point in a 'franchise quarterback'. If I need the team to lift you up, what the hell should I be paying heavily to keep you for?

I just don't see a battler there.
I watched a couple of his games, I disagree. he was running for his life but wasn't quitting.

I think Lock is going to bust big-time.

Murray is the one that will be very system dependent, and his interviews...man. I don't see it.

Haskins is a maybe although it's really just one season of production.

If I were Elway, I'd be after Rosen. I don't think he is, I just think it's a smarter move. He's got some NFL experience, sit him a year behind Flacco, repair the damage and hand him the keys in '20.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:51 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by RN47:
Rosen is hot garbage. He will never amount to anything in the NFL. Blake Bortles > to Josh Rosen.

So having said that- I would giggle like a mental patient if Elway signed him.
Bortles can't throw a fucking spiral. Rosen is light-years better than that.

And I'm not a Rosen fan, honestly.

I thought Mayfield was far and away the best QB in last year's draft; I don't like any of the rest of them.

But I like Rosen's potential better than any of the 1st round guys this year.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 01:53 PM 03-21-2019
Why? Flacco is in his prime.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:54 PM 03-21-2019
Lock really does remind me of Derek Carr. They are so similar.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:04 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Lock really does remind me of Derek Carr. They are so similar.
I think Lock has a better arm and slower mind.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:15 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think Lock has a better arm and slower mind.
See I think Lock's head is better than most.

That guy went through 3 OCs in 4 years and was CONSTANTLY being forced into adjustments. And yet he just keeps absorbing all the change and improving. He was so much better at quarterback stuff this year; checks and adjustments and timing.

I see a guy who's improved every year as a starter and that tells me he's a guy who has more ceiling and far more aptitude than he's given credit for. You combine that with his baseline athleticism and premier arm talent and I think you have a guy that can absolutely be a top 10 starter in this league in his prime because he's a guy who's arrow still points up.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up