ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Random Chief, draft thoughts that deserve it’s own thread
MightyMouse 07:43 PM 03-20-2019
After this year chiefs aren’t locked into Fisher. I think they should take a project tackle in the later rounds this year and see if they can’t hit on a gem, doesn’t hurt to start the development of a guy and see what happens.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 07:44 PM 03-20-2019
Well I butchered the title. Not seeing how to edit it
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:45 PM 03-20-2019
Chief Wahoo
Miller Genuine Draft
[Reply]
JakeF 07:48 PM 03-20-2019
They probably need to do more than taking a project. We need a viable backup developing behind Fisher and Schwartz. I'm not sure we have a starting center right now either. Rieter has looked solid but you never can tell what will happen when the player actually becomes the starter. We can't risk Mahomes, he is the golden goose.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 07:53 PM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
They probably need to do more than taking a project. We need a viable backup developing behind Fisher and Schwartz. I'm not sure we have a starting center right now either. Rieter has looked solid but you never can tell what will happen when the player actually becomes the starter. We can't risk Mahomes, he is the golden goose.
I think they will pay for 1 veteran FA OT next year or the following. Chiefs need to much to take a OT that would only be back up. Maybe they do in the 3rd round. I don’t think they are concerned about center because they just need to be average and Rieter can be that and Irving was solid when he filled in there as well. guys like Reiter seem to always be available if injury caused a depth problem.
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:54 PM 03-20-2019
Should always draft a lineman or two as projects. Getting play out of rookie contract guys is going to be essential going forward. Should take o line guys who can play multiple positions along the line
[Reply]
In58men 07:55 PM 03-20-2019
OL in the 3rd, I wouldn’t even be mad.

Mahomes should always be priority 1.
[Reply]
Buns 08:06 PM 03-20-2019
Big plans for Jimmy Murray and Khalil McKenzie. They were on 53-man all 2018.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:10 PM 03-20-2019
Defense needs too much help right now. Otherwise I'd take a mid round fatty, alternating for each side of the ball, every year.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 08:11 PM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by Buns:
Big plans for Jimmy Murray and Khalil McKenzie. They were on 53-man all 2018.
McKenzie was high reward low risk that hopefully pans out. I haven’t heard anyone praising Murray. He was on the 53 out of injury. Would be great though if he could be a serviceable center. I love the plan of identify guys and developing them while you don’t have a urgent need at these positions. Sure center is a need but it’s bottom of list of importance to me.
[Reply]
O.city 08:12 PM 03-20-2019
I’d like to do this. Take one in the 5th or something that has high athletic traits and groom him up
[Reply]
MightyMouse 08:17 PM 03-20-2019
Just put in the Murray tapes. He was playing C and LT. the competition clearly had AIDS but he murdered everyone. Very quick to engage. I’ll be following him closingly now. If his game translate to the NFL we have a monster on our hands.
[Reply]
In58men 08:21 PM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by MightyMouse:
Just put in the Murray tapes. He was playing C and LT. the competition clearly had AIDS but he murdered everyone. Very quick to engage. I’ll be following him closingly now. If his game translate to the NFL we have a monster on our hands.
He’s from Holy Cross, no thanks.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:25 PM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
He’s from Holy Cross, no thanks.
:-)

Dunno why I laughed at this, but I did.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:27 AM 03-21-2019
If we address the defense with our #1 and the two #2's (some combo of CB, LB, DE, S), I have zero problem drafting an OL in round 3. I even like the idea.

I don't think you're going to get a starting LT in that spot though. But you can literally find any other stud OL position frequently in the mid rounds.

We may have to pay Fisher again; or pay up in free agency for an upgrade.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up