ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 33
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Alex Okafor [restructured]
ShowtimeSBMVP 03:15 PM 03-14-2019

The #Chiefs are expected to sign former #Saints DE Alex Okafor, source said. He gets a 3-year deal worth up to $24M.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 14, 2019

[Reply]
YontsRBake 10:44 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Do you really think Dee Ford is going to repeat his 2018 performance? He's more likely to get hurt than repeat 2018. The most probable outcome is that he just isn't as good as he was last year and eats up $16M of the cap, preventing the Chiefs from getting other necessary pieces.

And for the record, the defense was AWFUL last year. Dee Ford and Justin Houston were invisible in the AFCCG and they were 6 inches away from going to the Super Bowl. If you think Dee Ford is the magical piece to get them to the Super Bowl, you're freaking fooling yourself.

Have you completely forgotten that the Chiefs have Patrick Mahomes? You're making a big deal out of literally nothing. Dee Ford doesn't matter. Justin Houston doesn't matter. The defense is going to be better next year without them.

They're going to generate pressure off the edge with scheme. How many times do people have to tell you that before it sinks in?
And i've already explained how talented Spags DEs have been in years he's been successful and how theres a lack of talent at DE in the years he's struggled.

Our defense was terrible because we had a terrible DC, However even the greatest DC is going to struggle with a defense that has been gutted of its talent. If Dee Ford is a complete failure in SF and Okafor, Speaks, Tanoh and whoever we draft create a ton of sacks and pressure ill gladly eat crow, however it doesn't appear that it is going to go that way at all.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:45 PM 03-14-2019
It's 11:30pm and Dee Ford is still gone. :-)
I wonder if he has a neutral zone line in his new garage. You know , so he can practice.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:45 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Yeah that's my point and why it's retarded to sit and laugh at the inclination of signing Verrett.

Chiefs are having difficulty figuring out if Darby will be ready for training camp but taking a 1.4m flyer on a past all-pro as insurance is stupid for some people :-)
I can see why people wouldn't want Verrett. He's never played a full season in his entire career. Any amount of money is too much if you think he won't play.

But the whole Darby thing is silly. He's either healthy or he's not. If he can't pass a physical why would anybody want him?

By the way, SuperTurtle saw on Reddit somebody said a guy on FSR said Darby failed his physical.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:46 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
People complained about Matt Cassel less than you have cried about Dee Ford. Every thread, every day, non-stop. That franchise tag really pulled your trigger I guess. :-)
Oh look, it's Super Homer turned Debbie Downer. Do you get tired of flip flopping or do you just need more lithium?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:47 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
And i've already explained how talented Spags DEs have been in years he's been successful and how theres a lack of talent at DE in the years he's struggled.

Our defense was terrible because we had a terrible DC, However even the greatest DC is going to struggle with a defense that has been gutted of its talent. If Dee Ford is a complete failure in SF and Okafor, Speaks, Tanoh and whoever we draft create a ton of sacks and pressure ill gladly eat crow, however it doesn't appear that it is going to go that way at all.
They should have tried to keep Houston.

Letting Ford go, however, was the correct call.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 10:50 PM 03-14-2019

Thats fine with me, I just wanted one of our talented pass rushers to be kept so that we weren't sitting here with Okafor and Speaks as our starting DEs.

Personally I obviously preferred Ford but I would be perfectly fine with keeping Houston instead as well. Getting rid of them both is where Veach lost me.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:51 PM 03-14-2019
Oh look, it's Super Homer turned Debbie Downer. Do you get tired of flip flopping or do you just need more lithium?
Wow, you made a post without crying about Dee Ford. :-)

A step in the right direction.
[Reply]
Iconic 10:52 PM 03-14-2019
I can see why people wouldn't want Verrett. He's never played a full season in his entire career. Any amount of money is too much if you think he won't play.

But the whole Darby thing is silly. He's either healthy or he's not. If he can't pass a physical why would anybody want him?

By the way, SuperTurtle saw on Reddit somebody said a guy on FSR said Darby failed his physical.
Jesus. At this point we might as well chance a guy like Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. PFF gave him a 75.1 coverage grade last year so he can at the very least play at a high level to some degree.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:53 PM 03-14-2019
Thats fine with me, I just wanted one of our talented pass rushers to be kept so that we weren't sitting here with Okafor and Speaks as our starting DEs.

Personally I obviously preferred Ford but I would be perfectly fine with keeping Houston instead as well. Getting rid of them both is where Veach lost me.
I get why they did it. You can't shell out big money for guys that haven't consistently gotten it done. Both have injury histories and Ford has a history of being up-and-down besides.

Overall, I think Houston would have been cheaper to keep and that's why I would have kept him. I love Ford's talent but I value dependability much more than most here. All the talent in the world doesn't help from the sidelines, which is where I believe Ford will be at least part of 2019. That's what his history suggests.

That doesn't mean I can't be wrong but right now, that's where the evidence leads.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:53 PM 03-14-2019

And the very next post- back to Ford. :-)

He is gone dude- come off the ledge.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:53 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Wow, you made a post without crying about Dee Ford. :-)

A step in the right direction.
All you've done today is cry about how terrible the defense is going to be. You should try not being such a hypocrite.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:56 PM 03-14-2019
Our defense looks more of a run stopping D then getting after the qb
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:56 PM 03-14-2019

You're basing that off 1 year during Bountygate which is a bad comparison. He had good DEs in St. Louis where he was there for 3 years. He had a good secondary during the super bowl run and an outstanding one in 2016.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:59 PM 03-14-2019
All you've done today is cry about how terrible the defense is going to be. You should try not being such a hypocrite.
:-)

How did you type that without talking about Ford?

The defense sucked last year- we have dumped our 3 best players and replaced them with guys with an injury history- not expecting huge improvement is not being a hypocrite, it is being realistic until we see how they come together in camp.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:01 PM 03-14-2019
Nnadi and Jones is very solid. Speaks who knows. I feel like he will be better as a DE. Okafor is basically Allen Bailey but better run stuffer. We got better in the back end. Mathieu signing and potentially Darcy. Ward will ball out next year. I hope Watts can ball out as well. Our Linebackers May be the worst in the league. Hitchens I hope can play like he did in Dallas. Ragland shouldn’t see the field and the parking lot shooter guy sounds like a rotational piece.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 33
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Up