ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Berry Appreciation Thread
Titty Meat 10:58 PM 03-13-2019
Not many guys meant more to this town than you. You are a warrior and a survivor. The biggest FU to cancer in professional sports. Unfortunately theres injuries in football and it's a business. My limited interactions with you were always positive. Thank you for all that you did. Today is a very sad day.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:24 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by RN47:
Headhunter. The greatness of this play is sublime; I encourage you to watch it again and again. Look at the rest of our defense-- they bit hard on this screen and it should have gone for 20+ yards. It went for three. Please, tell me who we have on our roster that plays in the defensive backfield that can do this? Name five other Safeties in the NFL that made plays like this? Sheeeit... Interceptions are exciting. Interceptions returned for touchdowns are incredible. But open field tackles, like this one, are beautiful. Appreciate this because it's gone.
Just FYI but part of the reason they signed Tyrann Mathieu is because he makes plays like this...
[Reply]
loochy 09:24 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Somebody's favorite Chief was Jovan Belcher?
Derrick Vincent Thomas (January 1, 1967 – February 8, 2000), nicknamed D.T., was an American football linebacker and defensive end who played for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League (NFL). The morning of February 8, 2000, while being transferred from his hospital bed to a wheelchair on his way to therapy, Thomas told his mother he was not feeling well. His eyes then rolled back, recalled Frank Eismont, an orthopedic surgeon at Jackson Memorial Hospital. Eismont said Thomas went into cardiorespiratory arrest and died as a result of a pulmonary embolism, a massive blood clot that developed in his legs and traveled to his lungs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:31 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
Derrick Vincent Thomas (January 1, 1967 – February 8, 2000), nicknamed D.T., was an American football linebacker and defensive end who played for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League (NFL). The morning of February 8, 2000, while being transferred from his hospital bed to a wheelchair on his way to therapy, Thomas told his mother he was not feeling well. His eyes then rolled back, recalled Frank Eismont, an orthopedic surgeon at Jackson Memorial Hospital. Eismont said Thomas went into cardiorespiratory arrest and died as a result of a pulmonary embolism, a massive blood clot that developed in his legs and traveled to his lungs.
loochy, my man, I love you. You know that. I know you were talking about the late Mr. Thomas.

But there's never a bad time for an inappropriate joke about Jovan Belcher.
[Reply]
loochy 09:35 AM 03-14-2019
loochy, my man, I love you. You know that. I know you were talking about the late Mr. Thomas.

But there's never a bad time for an inappropriate joke about Jovan Belcher.
I wonder if Belcher was ever anyone's favorite Chief.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:04 AM 03-14-2019
Probably but if I finish that sentence, it would be HIGHLY inappropriate.
[Reply]
loochy 10:06 AM 03-14-2019
Probably but if I finish that sentence, it would be HIGHLY inappropriate.
If so, they should Belcher themselves?
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:13 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
CoMo Chief is the Wyandotte County of CP posters
:-)

You may not even know how funny this really is.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 10:14 AM 03-14-2019
Wish he could've been a Chief for life
[Reply]
Pablo 10:20 AM 03-14-2019
Not sad to see him go or anyone from the Sutton era knowing what they cost us, but I loved watching him when he was on. Got a Tamba and EB jersey in my closet now. I'm guessing those will hold up fairly well moving forward.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:20 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
And you are not worthy of the air you breathe, yet you still live.

He's right though. In the end, the guy wasn't even Deron Cherry. Feel free to argue with stats.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:21 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
Wish he could've been a Chief for life
He may have been. I imagine he's going to try and play next year somewhere else but I'll be surprised if he actually does.
[Reply]
notorious 11:14 AM 03-14-2019
Guardian.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:32 AM 03-14-2019
He was my favorite player trough some of the toughest years of this franchise. It would have been breathtaking to see him suit up in Atlanta this year.

Best of luck wherever you go, EB.
[Reply]
scho63 12:09 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Not many guys meant more to this town than you. You are a warrior and a survivor. The biggest FU to cancer in professional sports. Unfortunately theres injuries in football and it's a business. Thank you for all that you did. Today is a very sad day.
I'll add: "You always found times for your fans."

Nice post and ditto on my end. :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:10 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Not sad to see him go or anyone from the Sutton era knowing what they cost us, but I loved watching him when he was on. Got a Tamba and EB jersey in my closet now. I'm guessing those will hold up fairly well moving forward.
My tip of the hat for that era definitely goes to Tamba Hali. He always played and comported himself with gratitude, and there was never a doubt regarding his loyalty to the team and city.
I'm talking about a player who practically lived in a choke hold, but never once got in a ref's face or tried to draw attention to himself in an effort to get the flag. He just went out there and played.
Yeah, the twitter war about Paterno was a bad look, but that's the only negative I can recall him ever being involved in.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up