ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 43
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hosting CB Darby
ShowtimeSBMVP 03:37 PM 03-13-2019

Source: #Eagles CB Ronald Darby is expected to visit the #Chiefs tonight. If all goes well, he could sign considering the serious interest.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:20 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
and it will no doubt improve with the change of Sutton to Spags alone. However, how can trading a top 10 pass rusher in the league then signing an injury prone shitty CB with close to the same money possibly make us better?
He’s not shitty tho. Far from it. Darby has #1 CB potential and has played at that level before.
[Reply]
bricks 05:22 PM 03-13-2019
Im fine with cutting Berry and Houston. Trading a guy coming off a 13 sack 8 FF year to end up spending close to the same money to sign Ronald Darby irks me beyond belief though, and I really don't understand how anyone else can have a different opinion.

Tanoh Kpass and Breeland Speaks are our staring DEs rn. There is nobody in this FA class or draft that is going to replace Ford and Houstons production in 2019, a must win year for us.
They’re gonna generate pressure from everywhere. Spags gonna turn them loose woooooooo! :-)
[Reply]
YontsRBake 05:25 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Ford is not a top 10 pass rusher. He had one great year, that's it. He's also injury prone.

As to your question, it really doesn't. Then again Darby isn't shitty, he's actually quite good. The question is whether or not he can stay healthy. If I were GM, I wouldn't sign him but that's just me.
He had 10 sacks in 2016. Was hurt in 2017. Then had 13 sacks in 2018.

He's showed consistent production. Really wild to me that this board would rather have Ronald Darby than Dee Ford.

Honestly mind blowing.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 05:25 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
He’s not shitty tho. Far from it. Darby has #1 CB potential and has played at that level before.
Yup, Baller When healthy. If it weren’t for Peters making all them picks his rookie year, Darby May have been considered the best cornerback out of that class.
[Reply]
Iconic 05:28 PM 03-13-2019
If he's cheap sure, otherwise you could literally get David Long in the 2nd and get Darby 2.0 without the injured labia.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:28 PM 03-13-2019
He had 10 sacks in 2016. Was hurt in 2017. Then had 13 sacks in 2018.

He's showed consistent production. Really wild to me that this board would rather have Ronald Darby than Dee Ford.

Honestly mind blowing.
I don't want either one of them.

You can't just say "he was hurt in 2017" and gloss over the fact that he's been hurt consistently going all the way back to college. He's had back surgery twice - he's had a spinal discectomy to remove bulging discs from his back. His back is not ever going to be the same. It might not hurt but he's actually missing tissue between the vertebrae that absorbs shock. Putting his hand in the dirt and engaging offensive linemen up close might actually re-aggravate it.

It's not worth the risk, especially not at the amount of money that got thrown around.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 05:28 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
Two different positions, our weaknesses were in the secondary, not the pass rush....as mentioned by Andy, the speed of the passing game makes edge rushers almost obsolete. The pass rush of the future comes from the interior line (faster path to QB).
These things are not mutually exclusive. Deion Sanders isn't going to be able to cover for long enough for Breeland Speaks running like grimmace from the mcdonalds commercials to get to the QB.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:30 PM 03-13-2019
These things are not mutually exclusive. Deion Sanders isn't going to be able to cover for long enough for Breeland Speaks running like grimmace from the mcdonalds commercials to get to the QB.
Good thing we’ll be sending blitzes or at least disguising the fronts a lot.

Again, this defense is far less reliant on players winning matchups by themselves up front.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 05:31 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I don't want either one of them.

You can't just say "he was hurt in 2017" and gloss over the fact that he's been hurt consistently going all the way back to college. He's had back surgery twice - he's had a spinal discectomy to remove bulging discs from his back. His back is not ever going to be the same. It might not hurt but he's actually missing tissue between the vertebrae that absorbs shock. Putting his hand in the dirt and engaging offensive linemen up close might actually re-aggravate it.

It's not worth the risk, especially not at the amount of money that got thrown around.
and while you could be right, we are now planning to sign a player who is completely reliant on his speed with a torn acl to a deal close to the same as Ford would have costed.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:33 PM 03-13-2019
and while you could be right, we are now planning to sign a player who is completely reliant on his speed with a torn acl to a deal close to the same as Ford would have costed.
Well, I wouldn't do it but they don't ask me before they make moves.

They did the right thing with Ford. If they turn around and use that money on Ronald Darby, I won't like it but there's not much I can do about it.
[Reply]
DenverChief 05:33 PM 03-13-2019
Derrick Thomas wouldn't get there before Brady released...Chris Jones can, just need to cover long enough for him to get there (or a blitzer)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:34 PM 03-13-2019
Im fine with cutting Berry and Houston. Trading a guy coming off a 13 sack 8 FF year to end up spending close to the same money to sign Ronald Darby irks me beyond belief though, and I really don't understand how anyone else can have a different opinion.

Tanoh Kpass and Breeland Speaks are our staring DEs rn. There is nobody in this FA class or draft that is going to replace Ford and Houstons production in 2019, a must win year for us.
Our defense was still 31st with Dee's 15.5 sacks. He couldn't stop the run or set the edge and it definitely showed and killed us in the AFCCG as the Pats ground and pounded us all night. And ironically it was Ford who ushered the Pats into their 6th SB victory with his huge mental error in spite of our offense coming back late to take the lead. Your game must be complete NOT PARTIAL. Dee's was only partial and the Niners will soon find this out for sure.

Good Riddance !!:-)
[Reply]
YontsRBake 05:36 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
Derrick Thomas wouldn't get there before Brady released...Chris Jones can, just need to cover long enough for him to get there (or a blitzer)
Which is why the best defense in the NFL season became the best by trading 2 firsts for an edge rusher right?

Why even have defensive ends, lets just put LBs in and drop 9 every play. This is the new NFL!
[Reply]
bigjosh 05:37 PM 03-13-2019
Perhaps fords production has a direct correlation with the amount of dropbacks opposing offenses were forced to have.

You know, other teams playing catch up for the entire game will allow the edge rushers to get after it.
[Reply]
Best22 05:38 PM 03-13-2019
Which is why the best defense in the NFL season became the best by trading 2 firsts for an edge rusher right?

Why even have defensive ends, lets just put LBs in and drop 9 every play. This is the new NFL!
And when Chicago needed him the most, Mack had no sacks and was helpless on the last Eagles drive
[Reply]
Page 7 of 43
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up